RTV's Gerrard reaction

Redwhiteandblue

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'll agree with that. 

But it's not blind faith. I said in one of the other threads that the main reason is because when we're good, like in the last couple against the scum and recently in Europe, we're unbelievably good. At times better from a footballing point of view than anything since Advocaat. None of the previous managers of the last 10 years have come close to that.

Added to that is Gerrard the man. He's a fucking leader who gets us, the like of which we've only had in Souness and Walter in 40 years, and I desperately want him to succeed at this club to become a legend like those two. 

John Greig, Jock Wallace and Alex McLeish say hellp.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Do you not remember we used to call the UEFA CUP  (Europa league these days) the losers cup? 

Our aim at the start of every season used to be to get to the last 16 of the champions league. 

And how many of us turned up at Manchester? behave ffs.

I 100% blame the players for the results since returning after the break but ojo coming on today , c’mon to fuck , not a person in the world bar Gerrard thought he’d pull a performance he’s never produced before out the bag 

30 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Stevie

If you read this, remember Fergie was one game away from getting sacked at Man U.

If you fell that you and your staff have given the players your max effort and there giving you fuck all

Theres only 2 options

Drop the players not giving you the effort and run with whoever you need to and experiment for the remainder.

Or  you can fall on your sword and exit with your tail between your legs.

Never ever surrender..........As long as you can breath you should never be out of the fight.

WATP Stevie

At the minute you are our leader. Shoulder the burden of the responsibility. Use how you feel right now and garness the anger to get a reaction.

I appreciate working away from home is shite and you miss your family

But it has got to be worth it........No half measures.......the decisions you make in the next 48 hours will be how you are judged going forward

Coward or Ruthless balls out manager....

He who Dares Wins.

Outstanding post. Sadly he'll never see this, but see if he could?? 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Gerrard has just admitted that he has taken us nowhere in the 2 years he has been here so i don't see how it would set us back 2 years? We're already back there according to the man himself. 

Because a new manager will dismantle the whole shooting match, put players in a team that have never played together and we’ll be back to square 1.

We have ( basically ) good players, what we need a couple of motivational b’stards to drive the quality players that we have.

Gerrard knows what’s required.....it’s the players who cannot deliver not the manager 

How the hell did such a negative interview get through  beyond our media teams and PR teams, those sentiments were for behind closed doors and a club statement. 

If Gerrard has that big a problem he should be going straight to the board, and if he is being undermined he should be calling cunts out. 

Regardless of that a Rangers manager should never be throwing in the towel like that. 

There's got to be something badly wrong in the background I suspect Gerrard is taking the burden of it all. 

And I also strongly believe there's one or two of his immediate management team, who have been totally anonymous, who we need to be rid of. McAllister especially during games comes across as less interested or clued up than Ally. 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'll agree with that. 

But it's not blind faith. I said in one of the other threads that the main reason is because when we're good, like in the last couple against the scum and recently in Europe, we're unbelievably good. At times better from a footballing point of view than anything since Advocaat. None of the previous managers of the last 10 years have come close to that.

Added to that is Gerrard the man. He's a fucking leader who gets us, the like of which we've only had in Souness and Walter in 40 years, and I desperately want him to succeed at this club to become a legend like those two. 

I agree that when we're good we play some really good football, Porto away sticks in my mind, we played some lovely passing & the movement was unreal

Domestically though, more often than not in this league it's the team who wants it more that wins & Gerrard cant seem to grasp that. He thinks if we just keep playing our football that eventually something will click and we will win

Hearts done nothing good today in terms of passing etc. They just chased us about the park in packs and waited for us to make mistakes...like most teams have done since Christmas because they know we wont change the way we play.

I'd like to have seen Gerrard succeed, as a person he seems to really care, the interviews tonight just show how gutted he is...but sadly think it's time up for him.

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Stevie G goes we still have all these players to watch week in week out!

Steven Gerrard is the biggest and best thing we have had at this clubs for 8 years!

Gerrard signed the vast majority of these players which we have to watch week in week out...

So even more strange stuff going on. 

First Davie King copping off without rhyme and reason, co-incidentally the guy who got Gerrard in.

Now Gerrard appears to have thrown in the towel without stating the reasons. 

Fuck knows what else still lurks in the background of our current club corridors I get the feeling that those who shafted the club are still to powerful, which unfortunately means Scottish football is now a total basket case. 

36 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Souness. 

But today's snowflakes couldn't handle a manager like him. 

He had a shit load of cash to spend and a ban in England for English teams in Europe on his side. Which is why he could bring butcher, woods et al to Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

First Davie King copping off without rhyme and reason, co-incidentally the guy who got Gerrard in.

Fuck knows what else still lurks in the background of our current club corridors I get the feeling that those who shafted the club are still to powerful, which unfortunately means Scottish football is now a total basket case. 

Na mate, just na. Think you’re overthinking it to be honest. Not having a go as we’re all feeling emotional and lost right now but I think you’re seeing things that aren’t there.

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Don't see any if it being related.

Mrs Gerrard will be telling him that it is not worth the grief and hassle that is taking a toll on her husband, you need big balls and nerves of steel to be manager of The Rangers. Gerrard was an out and out winner on the park with a mental strength and belief that was unsurpassed, he needs to show that now as a manager, if he chucks this he can wave goodbye to his ultimate managerial dream, I still believe.

I get the impression if we'd gone out of the cup on Wednesday night and then saw tonights performance he'd have quit tomorrow but maybe the prospect of the next round in Europe will make him think again.

18 minutes ago, tannerall said:

How the hell did such a negative interview get through  beyond our media teams and PR teams, those sentiments were for behind closed doors and a club statement. 

If Gerrard has that big a problem he should be going straight to the board, and if he is being undermined he should be calling cunts out. 

Regardless of that a Rangers manager should never be throwing in the towel like that. 

There's got to be something badly wrong in the background I suspect Gerrard is taking the burden of it all. 

And I also strongly believe there's one or two of his immediate management team, who have been totally anonymous, who we need to be rid of. McAllister especially during games comes across as less interested or clued up than Ally. 

He gave nearly the same word for word interview to Premier Sports.

Archived