RTV's Gerrard reaction

Redwhiteandblue

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I agree that when we're good we play some really good football, Porto away sticks in my mind, we played some lovely passing & the movement was unreal

Domestically though, more often than not in this league it's the team who wants it more that wins & Gerrard cant seem to grasp that. He thinks if we just keep playing our football that eventually something will click and we will win

Hearts done nothing good today in terms of passing etc. They just chased us about the park in packs and waited for us to make mistakes...like most teams have done since Christmas because they know we wont change the way we play.

I'd like to have seen Gerrard succeed, as a person he seems to really care, the interviews tonight just show how gutted he is...but sadly think it's time up for him.

To be fair, that’s only what we do when we’re playing the high press and are on our game.

Whether the players don’t have it in them given the very crowded schedule they’ve had, or what, but we’ve stopped doing it (or doing it so well).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Gerrard signed the vast majority of these players which we have to watch week in week out...

Correct and these players work when the pressure is off! You find out there mentality during times like this!

You can only sign a player based on abilty

43 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That's absolute shite.

I'm also sick to fuck of people downplaying the achievements in Europe. Taken us from the qualifiers to the last 16, beat a number of very good clubs along the way, and must have earnt near enough the same for the club from Europe over the past 2 seasons than he's spent on transfer fees.

We're so close to cracking it with Gerrard, if he doesn't walk from today and is given next season he can stop them.

we wont stop anyone till any manager realises you need physical players in Scotland not Nancy boys who hide when it gets tough  warburton made the same mistake  every team in this shit country wants to beat us  we have to be able to combat that and we will never get anywhere till we get some strength in the team we get bullied all over the park  how many years ago was it 2016 I think when we went to tynecastle twice in a short space of time and lost 2 nil and 4 1   both games neilson team played the same as tnite and bullied us all over the park  I suffered being at tynecastle both times

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

To be fair, that’s only what we do when we’re playing the high press and are on our game.

Whether the players don’t have it in them given the very crowded schedule they’ve had, or what, but we’ve stopped doing it (or doing it so well).

Aye when we press its similar but then we get the ball back and usually play the passes to work something

They pressed high tonight & when they won it they launched it forward time and time again until we made a mistake (one they knew would come to be fair)

Fair play to them, they knew what to do tonight to beat us & comfortably deserved to win

20 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Aye when we press its similar but then we get the ball back and usually play the passes to work something

They pressed high tonight & when they won it they launched it forward time and time again until we made a mistake (one they knew would come to be fair)

Fair play to them, they knew what to do tonight to beat us & comfortably deserved to win

Yes.

Paysmith should really have put them out of sight.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

If they’re downing tools because Gerrard’s too vocal in his criticism then how the fuck would they cope with Souness?

Don’t envy the job of the modern manager.

Most of what most of us would regard as effective techniques probably have little impact on your modern millionaire type footballer & the bosses are hostages to their whims.

If they’re with you, all good.

If not, watch out.

Still doesn’t explain the Jekyll & Hyde performances between domestic & European games.

Even between one half and the next as seen v Braga at Ibrox.

I feel he is having a dig at certain players whom he says is doing a lot for them and is not getting the returns from them.

Morelos being the main I believe.  A lot of times people got shot down for picking out his flaws.

The fans gave him all the support in the world , who would say a bad word about him,

and rumours are he is having a hissing fit 'cos he is not playing.

Well, that was his own fault. 

Walter Smith always said he needed a team for Europe, and one for the league. Gerrard does not have that luxury

and can only do what he can with what he's got.  He is just not getting consistency from this team. 

What can do to fix it? I think he was back telling the team what he thought after the game and I

hope he has put them down for double training tomorrow or Monday? Morelos treble training.

Maybe give them a stint at the Gullane Sands.

All this shit about us giving the players everything they need 

They need booted the fuck out if they are not delivering the goods 

some of them  are taking the piss because they know they can get away with it

if they are not good enough get rid and rebuild

1 hour ago, qwerty said:

Stevie

If you read this, remember Fergie was one game away from getting sacked at Man U.

If you fell that you and your staff have given the players your max effort and there giving you fuck all

Theres only 2 options

Drop the players not giving you the effort and run with whoever you need to and experiment for the remainder.

Or  you can fall on your sword and exit with your tail between your legs.

Never ever surrender..........As long as you can breath you should never be out of the fight.

WATP Stevie

At the minute you are our leader. Shoulder the burden of the responsibility. Use how you feel right now and garness the anger to get a reaction.

I appreciate working away from home is shite and you miss your family

But it has got to be worth it........No half measures.......the decisions you make in the next 48 hours will be how you are judged going forward

Coward or Ruthless balls out manager....

He who Dares Wins.

Stevie.

if you’re reading this.

Get the fuck out. Leave your suit and brogues at the door. You admittedly disliked wearing them anyway. 

Back in your tracksuit. 

35 fucking players in two seasons. 

This wont ever be acceptable.

Some fans might give you the benefit of doubt because your name and charisma. I fucking won’t.

Results count. Not to win a trophy while the dims are managed by popcorn teeth and rotten is so far lower miles lower than expectations.

im fucking gutted

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Stats don’t lie.

People need to pull their tongues out his arse.

We won’t ever win the league under him

Said it last year, when the scum sold dembele and never replaced him for months, we won't have a better chance than last season to win  the league

Just now, Ivybank said:

Said it last year, when the scum sold dembele and never replaced him for months, we won't have a better chance than last season to win  the league

I’m honestly so fucking gutted.

Couldnt have felt better Thursday night.

10 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Stevie.

if you’re reading this.

Get the fuck out. Leave your suit and brogues at the door. You admittedly disliked wearing them anyway. 

Back in your tracksuit. 

35 fucking players in two seasons. 

This wont ever be acceptable.

Some fans might give you the benefit of doubt because your name and charisma. I fucking won’t.

Results count. Not to win a trophy while the dims are managed by popcorn teeth and rotten is so far lower miles lower than expectations.

im fucking gutted

Bullshit. 

And who do you replace him with then?? 

I await the silence.... 

Archived