Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Doesn’t come across as someone who quits, judging by his footballing career. 

not a great time to quit either 

This. Why would you quit when still in Europe and 3 quarter through a season? Whose employing him after that?

“I need to do some real serious thinking in the next 24-48 hours.

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same.

“I'm very disappointed. It's the lowest I felt since I came into the job by a long way.

“The performance was nowhere near good enough.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our manager disgusts me tonight but why start an OP like this .Tragic man  

It's more the reporter of the story rather than the story itself. Devlin is the guy King feeds his stories too, could be something or could be nothing.

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same.

“I'm very disappointed. It's the lowest I felt since I came into the job by a long way.

I think the part in bold is a fair comment. .

Gerrard was fully aware of the importance of that game, as he is with all games. The players are too. However, if you watch that performance then the players were clearly not desperate to win. They should have left everything out there. They didn't. Not even close.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Somethings happened imo. The edge seems to have gone from the players, maybe the criticism of them has upset them and they cant handle it?

I like Gerrard but the players seem to have chucked it and im not sure  if he can get them onside again?

I think his comments in his interviews are very telling.  As was said above, he is a winner and equally, he takes responsibility when things aren’t going well.  That includes resigning.

I’ll be absolutely gutted if he does go. I’ve loved Stevie G and while he’s made mistakes, the players have shafted him these past few weeks.

Sadly though, I think he’s clearly leaning towards going and I do now expect him to. 

Our shitebag players have fucked us.

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

It's more the reporter of the story rather than the story itself. Devlin is the guy King feeds his stories too, could be something or could be nothing.

I think it's just taken from his post match comments. He feels like he's giving everything, not getting the results and ultimately knows it's not good enough. Everyone is hurting right now and I think he's just taking stock. Doesn't want to say or do anything too rash.

Think your thread title is more clickbait than the sun though 🙂

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Gerrard was fully aware of the importance of that game, as he is with all games. The players are too. However, if you watch that performance then the players were clearly not desperate to win. They should have left everything out there. They didn't. Not even close.

Why does he continually play the same players then? It was no different to the 2-1 and it’s the same players for the most part.

Feel for him btw.

If he is to stay this has to be the end of alot of this squad because they have let him down badly.

Regardless of tactics and formations the level of player we have should be battering the dross in the league.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That , today , was 100% every player that wore the jersey's fault and i actually feel for SG having to stand and ,credit where it's due , take the blame.

You can get your tactics wrong or your game formation wrong but at the end of the day the players have to go out and perform no matter what tactics you use or how you're set up.

Today they simply didn't show up and it's all on their heads.

Archived