Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was only spotting my error, doubt he was backing tav or gerrard with it, didnt seem like it anyway

He gets my apologies if that’s the case Jim 

Any Tav fan defending today .They just deserve this .They deserve their torture 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You think thousands of empty seats because there’s “virtually nothing to play for” isn’t  a sign that folk aren’t happy?

Are you fucking serious here?

Nobody's happy mate. That ain't whats being discussed. That and the midweek v Hamilton when we've nowt to play and the conditions for will clearly impact the crowd. Doesn't mean everyone that's not there wants him gone. :lol: It's not evidence of a mass rebellion against Gerrard any more than it's evidence that because you turn up you want him to stay.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Whoopy do mate 

The captain of Rangers with a record like that .Carry on backing losers ,just like Gerrard does 

I wasn't backing Tav. I've posted elsewhere he is top of my list to go. 

I was just pointing out an error regarding results. 

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Aren’t they more likely to toe the party line than we are on here?

Don’t go there much myself, but comments on here lead me to believe it’s quite tightly controlled, with speedy bans for those who want to buck the trend.

On some subjects yes, they are. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I agree with every part except the ashamed bit .These guys will be conditioned to think ,easy come easy go in the football world 

They would just move on .SG would have all his friends talking him up and making every excuse under the sun for his failure up here 

And let’s not kid ourselves .He has been a failure up to this point 

They've came in with so much fanfare and attention from England, particularly Sky and talksport I do thini they would be a bit ashamed/embarrassed if they came up to little old Scotland and didn't cut the mustered domestically, totally get where you're coming from though.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I wasn't backing Tav. I've posted elsewhere he is top of my list to go. 

I was just pointing out an error regarding results. 

Ok mate .Hope we can all agree he has over stayed his welcome 

Hope he wonders into the sunset with his Lamborghini and his medal haul .Oh wait 

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

We ain't sacking him mate, there's no danger anyone in that Rangers board sits him down and sacks him, it would more than likely be a mutual consent job which normally would come with a payoff, it's all hypothetical though because I genuinely can't see it happening.

Neither can I. I think that's one of the few things on here that most of us will agree on and that's that Gerrard won't be sacked, but after watching that interview last night, it did look like Gerrard was seriously thinking of handing in his resignation letter, which I would somehow doubt comes with a payoff.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

They've came in with so much fanfare and attention from England, particularly Sky and talksport I do thini they would be a bit ashamed/embarrassed if they came up to little old Scotland and didn't cut the mustered domestically, totally get where you're coming from though.

They would probably give us that lip service mate .You bet on that 

34 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

But do you trust the managerial recruitment in the summer when we brought in the likes of Ojo, Jones, Kamara, Hellander, Barker and so on. We have brought very little genuine quality into the first team. 

Bit of a wide mix of fortunes there.

Before the winter break, Kamara was apparently one of the best in Scotland according to some on here.

Helander was settling in well before his injury. Jones seemed like he would be a decent option off the bench and did show some decent flashes before his injury.

Ojo was a bit of an unknown but granted, I've never seen anything from him, bar a decent strike against Feyenoord.

Barker was puzzling, but allegedly was a Mark Allan signing.

I trust we have a decent scouting network in place to identify good signings and maybe we'll see a benefit from the apparent upgrade in Ross Wilson.

In terms of the coaching staff, I don't think a complete overhaul would be the best idea.

21 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not saying you're right or wrong but will what sacrificing Tav bring, genuinely interested?

If we go to a back 3 for example and that means Tav is dropped then fair enough but simply replacing Tav with Polster doesn't do much to that team I dont think, other than arguably make it weaker. 

Firstly to restore some faith and credibility back in Gerrard. Him taking responsibility for once and admitting he got it wrong with Tav.

Secondly, to give a chance to someone knocking on the door ie Polster, fitter, faster, better and posseses a spine.

Thirdly, sends the right message to the whole squad. For the starters, play shite your out. For those on the periphery, you will get your chance for real. Competition for places where there is currently none, despite the rhetoric spun by Gerrard to justify his 30 signings.

Lastly, dare I say it, in fear of the Tav fan club having heart attacks, he might just actually improve that area of the park where we are currently dug shite. Wouldn't be hard tbh.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok mate .Hope we can all agree he has over stayed his welcome 

Hope he wonders into the sunset with his Lamborghini and his medal haul .Oh wait 

Yeah full agree tav time is up. He's had his more than enough chances. 

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

In his interview last night he was clearly gutted, it was all over his face and in his voice, totally gutted.

He loves this football club, and us the fans.

We need to back him, this is his 1st real crisis as a football manager.

A,crisis,after 2 years is not bad going.

We've had more experienced managers facing a crisis within weeks or a few months.

Goes back to loyalty and he's shown more than enough to deserve ours.

Cunts have the cheek to claim people who want Gerrard to stay love Gerrard more than the club whilst simultaneously saying they're now not going to go to matches, or for others if he plays a certain player they're done.

Then you've got the worst cunts, the "I told all you in July 2018" cunts who are desperate to be proven right that he was just an under 18s manager who will never win anything.

Genuinely find the lack of loyalty sickening.

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nope, once this season and once last season, they didnt lose at ibrox in 3 games, they drew in the cup, and beat us at hampden, 

Played them 7 times last season, he won only once at Pittodrie, played them 3 times this season, only won once

So the 2-0 at Ibrox after the split didn't happen....Tavernier 2 penalties!!!

Screenshot_20200301-213016_FotMob.jpg

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Did you miss last years crisis around about exactly the same time, with the same players, With the same tactics And with the exact same issues we face just now?

The winter break and what we do needs serious reviewing and changes need to be made. Iam quite angry that this was not addressed this year after last year.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Waghorn was sold under Pedro. 

We got fees for Windass, John, Herrera, Canedias, MOH, Hardie and Kelly and some kids. First two were £3.3m alone.

Herrera just got paid aff recently so we never got any fee for him 

So still under the 5m or over it? You said I was talking shite when I said what our squad was worth then

tav, morelos, jack are all valued at much more now but back then they were worth 1 last chance and nothing more

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Ever thought that someone could get more out of this squad domestically? 

If you offered me Gerrard staying and spending another 12m in the summer or getting rid of him and bringing in one of the two I named above on half the transfer budget, then I select the latter.

We win nothing under Gerrard next year in my view.

I honestly think the financial side is overstated, if Gerrard had another job lined the compensation would be much lower. He could easily get a championship side in the summer.

So you suggesting either GVB or FDB?

Gio is currently in China on a fuck full of money but I’m not sure how he would guarantee us the title next year anyway, even, if by some miracle we had the funds to pay off Gerrard and his team and Guangzhou (who he signed for just a few weeks ago).  Non starter. 

Frank did well with Ajax before it all unraveled and then his career has nose dived - sacked after a few games with Inter and same happened with Palace. Not someone that would fill me with hope that he’d suddenly crack it in his first season with us.  Disaster of an idea. 

mate, I wish there was someone out there that could come in and guarantee us the title, but since there  is no such thing, I’m sticking with Stevie.  We need to give him time and if he keeps improving us - he should stay.  

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly to restore some faith and credibility back in Gerrard. Him taking responsibility for once and admitting he got it wrong with Tav.

Secondly, to give a chance to someone knocking on the door ie Polster, fitter, faster, better and posseses a spine.

Thirdly, sends the right message to the whole squad. For the starters, play shite your out. For those on the periphery, you will get your chance for real. Competition for places where there is currently none, despite the rhetoric spun by Gerrard to justify his 30 signings.

Lastly, dare I say it, in fear of the Tav fan club having heart attacks, he might just actually improve that area of the park where we are currently dug shite. Wouldn't be hard tbh.

You are fucking blind man.

And between you and @eejay the dj the pair of you manage to turn any fucking thread on any negative discussion on the club into some bizarre diatribe against Tavernier. Every fucking time.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

So the 2-0 at Ibrox after the split didn't happen....Tavernier 2 penalties!!!

Screenshot_20200301-213016_FotMob.jpg

Read my posts about a page ago, i already corrected that 

Glad its 3 out of 10 now, thats a much better record though 

2 or 3 its still absolute garbage, a shocking stat that has every chance of getting worse next time we play them

15 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

In his interview last night he was clearly gutted, it was all over his face and in his voice, totally gutted.

He loves this football club, and us the fans.

We need to back him, this is his 1st real crisis as a football manager.

A,crisis,after 2 years is not bad going.

We've had more experienced managers facing a crisis within weeks or a few months.

Andy Halliday and Greg Stewartare both examples of players who love the club/fans and aren’t good enough.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cant argue with any of that to be fair

Just now, King Jela said:

They've spent £20 million since last summer, they SHOULD be winning a treble this season. 

I wouldnt know how.much they have spent tbh ,but I know.for.sure we should be getting better for the money we have spent in transfer fees alone never mind massive wage budget increase 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Goes back to loyalty and he's shown more than enough to deserve ours.

Cunts have the cheek to claim people who want Gerrard to stay love Gerrard more than the club whilst simultaneously saying they're now not going to go to matches, or for others if he plays a certain player they're done.

Then you've got the worst cunts, the "I told all you in July 2018" cunts who are desperate to be proven right that he was just an under 18s manager who will never win anything.

Genuinely find the lack of loyalty sickening.

Spot on. We need to step into the,solution in all of this. We xan go roubd in circles for days sitting in the problem, but the,solution is not to get rid of the manager.

That would be catastrophic in my opinion.

I said after Pedro, that we need to give the next guy, whoever he is, time, and by time I mean 3-4 years.

Archived