Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

Gerrard needs to be on the phone to the board and DOF and basically it's ultimatum time.

He must be given substantially funds to fix our issues or be allowed to leave.

Granted he signed most of these players but we don't have a leader amongst them. The Rangers Jersey is to heavy for most of them clearly

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingKirk said:

Gerrard needs to be on the phone to the board and DOF and basically it's ultimatum time.

Granted he signed most of these players but we don't have a leader amongst them. The Rangers Jersey is to heavy for most of them clearly

Fuck giving him anymore money, people claim pedro set us back years, gerrard has spent nearly 20mill, brought in 28 players, and were fucking worse domestically than we were under pedro, 

If i was ross wilson id be giving gerrard the ultimatum, not the other way about

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Gerrard has been backed and backed way beyond what most of us probably expected. The board sanctioned 7 million on one player for him and said player now cant kick his own fucking arse. If I were Dave King and I got that call I'd have him in first thing tomorrow morning to explain what the fuck has happened to the money I'd already put in.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I love gerrard but hes been backed mate.

The money spent on Helander for me was absolutely ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, dee9 said:

The level of player we have should be hammering the dross in this league regardless of formation or tactics mate.

The players have let the gaffer down badly.

Pish, throughout history, many battles have been won by better tactics over better ability, not just in football

When neil fucking lennon can use 3 different formations because he knows scottish football then you knpw gerrard and his one system only setup is fucked 

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Its a sore one.

Hope he stays on but get the impression in the next couple of days after the dust has settled he will announce his departure.

Fucking devastating tbh as he's hurting big time like the rest of us.

The players have let him down badly 😔

Players that have absolutely shafted him.

Kents interview after the EL match the other night preferring Europe as we don't have much expectation wtf is that all about

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

A football club is just like every other workplace.

It will be riddled with internal politics, personality clashes, jealousy, and every other short comings worth mentioning.

And like every other workplace, performance and output suffers as a result.

More so in this day and age where most of these highly overpaid cunts who literally think that the world must adore them, crazy egos without actually achieving fuck all, and to fragile to receive criticism or the old hairdryer treatment it’s probably next to impossible to keep a squad onside. The days of having a squad that would have given their last ounce on the park for both the club and their teammates has sadly long gone. I actually hate what football has become. 

The worse thing about tonight was his tactics ,how did he think we were going to win? 

Hearts tactics, press high and put high balls up to the 2 central defenders and win the second ball

its really that simple, 

outwitted by an useless German 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This in a nutshell mate. It is what all Rangers managers are judged on. The fact we've only managed 1 final in 4 attempts isn't good enough. Especially when it's the same kind of teams knocking us out. 

The European run has been great and it gave us a lot of hope. However it's a different environment. It suits our squad playing more technical sides who come out and play. 

In our league but 9 times out of 10 you need to battle. Your facing hammer throwers and men behind the ball. This is where our side is lacking. When sides get physical (certainly helped by officials who let them away with it ) they go into hiding. 

If Gerrard stays or a new manager comes in. That's got to be the first thing addressed. Add players with steel who can get stuck in when the pressure is on. 

Yes all good points, I just think it is now past the point of no return and even if he did stay it would only put it off for a short time.

The league is gone so that is not a problem now for who ever took over as caretaker and the two games in  Europe would probably see these players raise their game as usual.

Certainly not what I wanted to happen but I cannot see it getting better unfortunately.

Players that have absolutely shafted him.

Kents interview after the EL match the other night preferring Europe as we don't have much expectation wtf is that all about

Classic shitebag mentality. Having ability isn’t even half of what’s needed to succeed at the top level 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I really thought we would kick on from Braga and now three days later I'm reading this thread. Fucking gutted!

It's another kick in the balls which seems the norm these days mate.

But we keep on going 👍

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

The worse thing about tonight was his tactics ,how did he think we were going to win? 

Hearts tactics, press high and put high balls up to the 2 central defenders and win the second ball

its really that simple, 

Playing constant balls from keeper to defender inside our own box with cunts busting a gut to close or down was mental. Long ball wasn’t an option either as we literally had no cunt to hold it up or even put a challenge in to win it. Fucking second best all over the pitch. Totally devastated 

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

I love gerrard but hes been backed mate.

The money spent on Helander for me was absolutely ridiculous.

He has mate but he needs more backing. Let's be honest about it people like Goldson should be able to handle SPFL football he's a rock in Europe and for some reason he struggles.

If the problem for most is the pressure and expectation is to high they need gone before Gerrard imo

If he does quit 

who comes in 

Serious options for us are....... 

Murty? 

I know of no cunt who’s out there 

I don’t even want long term options short term is only option they cunts can have 9 but fuck 10 

Just now, Ivybank said:

its really that simple, 

People keep saying we've been shite since the winter break, when in reality we've been shite most of the season with a red hot Morelos putting the team on his back. We've got three or four players in this team that we should be base our formation and tactics around instead of shoe horning everyone into a formation that suits no one. 

He has mate but he needs more backing. Let's be honest about it people like Goldson should be able to handle SPFL football he's a rock in Europe and for some reason he struggles.

If the problem for most is the pressure and expectation is to high they need gone before Gerrard imo

Lot of truth in that mate, even those who have ability don’t have the balls or heart to play for a side where losing isn’t an option 

A lot of people are hurting, rightly so, as Ally would say, but a sense of perspective is required. I first went to Ibrox  when John Greig was the manager and those days weren’t exactly glorious. Then Jock Wallace returned and you could still turn up on a Saturday, pay in at the Half empty Copeland Rd and get gubbed by Aberdeen or Dundee Utd.

Souness was a game changer , but Souness had many advantages over a modern Rangers manager. Income was about fans, not TV, there was no Sky money in those days. English clubs banned from Europe, and we sign Butcher, Woods, Roberts, Stevens and Steven and er.......Colin West ....

Then Walter Smith , Gascoigne , Laudrup, Thern, Hateley, McCoist,  MIKHAILICHENKO,etc etc, never made the CL last 16 once, often failed to qualify at all. Domestic success yes , but that was no longer good enough.

Advocaat , 5million players became the norm, not all successful, Christian Nerlinger , Bert Konterman anyone?

No one disputes the current team isn’t good enough, but we’re shopping at Poundland these days compared to what went before.  I’m sure if SG could sign  half the England team we wouldn’t be losing to teams like Hearts but he’s not doing that anytime soon. The frustration is that on their day this team have shown they can perform but the mentality just isn’t there to keep doing it in the middle of winter, on a shite surface in the pissing rain. 

It’s pure and simple lack of motivation domestically. Players thinking they are better than the opposition and not up for a battle. Morelos situation is just throwing shit in the fire pit. He is on his last chance, any more fuck ups and he shouldn’t play again this season 

1 minute ago, GaryStevens02 said:

No one disputes the current team isn’t good enough, but we’re shopping at Poundland these days compared to what went before.  I’m sure if SG could sign  half the England team we wouldn’t be losing to teams like Hearts but he’s not doing that anytime soon. The frustration is that on their day this team have shown they can perform but the mentality just isn’t there to keep doing it in the middle of winter, on a shite surface in the pissing rain. 

He could sign half the England team and he'd still play fucking Ojo

18 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

its really that simple, 

Scottish Football isn’t complicated.  I think part of the problem that every manager we have had since we came back up have had is that they have tried to overcomplicate it too much.

Battle for the first ball, win the second ball, have a back four that works well as a unit, a physical presence in midfield and move the ball from middle to front quickly.

Its really not that hard but you can guarantee that they aren’t teaching that at all these UEFA Coaching courses because it’s not sophisticated enough.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I really thought we would kick on from Braga and now three days later I'm reading this thread. Fucking gutted!

Unfortunately mate it's become the norm now.  We get a big result, think we're going to kick on finally and then they let us down. 

This group of players have had enough chances. If Gerrard goes or stays a clear out is needed. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Definition of insanity.

time for change.

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Pish, throughout history, many battles have been won by better tactics over better ability, not just in football

When neil fucking lennon can use 3 different formations because he knows scottish football then you knpw gerrard and his one system only setup is fucked 

SG more than anyone knows that tactical changes at half time, even at 3-0 down can produce results. 

Archived