Probably the worst I've felt as a fan .......... and I'm in my 70's

The Widow's Son

Not much to say.  I've seen some dire times through the years (decades?) but this is probably the worst.  Maybe the fans are too good for this club - we cheer home and away, spent hard-earned cash to follow, follow over great distances, pass on the mission to our children and grandchildren, remain loyal and staunch in the lean times, sing our song in a thousand cities, fly the flag in a nation that despises us.  And our return??

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, My Fathers Scarf said:

You've obviously got got a shit memory then.

Even in recent years ffs

- losing out on automatic promotion to Hearts and getting fucking hammered by Motherwell in the play off

-Shambles of a cup final v Hibs

-5-1 Barton game

-Pedro in a bush

-Any match featuring Pena

-4-0 semi final hammering v them

Today is a low day but fuck me

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Even in recent years ffs

- losing out on automatic promotion to Hearts and getting fucking hammered by Motherwell in the play off

-Shambles of a cup final v Hibs

-5-1 Barton game

-Pedro in a bush

-Any match featuring Pena

-4-0 semi final hammering v them

Today is a low day but fuck me

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Today is one of the worst. Reality has booted me in the chops

Motherwell away playoff for me was the worst ever. Felt like greeting 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously, this guy deserves more respect than he gets in here.....any man of an age that has seen the greats to the dross should be listened to....far to many whipped snappers who think they know better 

That's fair.

If it's the end of Gerrard then it will probably be one of the worst I've felt too. I'd prefer it to be the start of his fight back but it seems near enough certain he's going.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Feel your pain auld timer. 

You have seen much worse though and bounced back.

Yeah mate .A little bit of empathy .Ffs we all hurt in different ways .It’s not measurable for me 

Too many lows in these past 9 seasons 

It has been a sickening time for all the young bears especially 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I’m being honest I fully expected that today so it’s hard for it to be the worst I’ve felt.

Honestly mate ? As much as we knew it was possible for us to make a cunt of it I can wholeheartedly say I didn’t see that level of fuckery coming. 

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Honestly mate ? As much as we knew it was possible for us to make a cunt of it I can wholeheartedly say I didn’t see that level of fuckery coming. 

Aye mate. Just had a feeling but I’ve long questioned whether the management team can learn and adapt from past mistakes.

I couldn't say this is the worst I've felt but the feeling of total dejection just seems to be normal now, it'll be 10 years since we've last won a trophy now, 10 year, how is that even possible? I just can't fathom how we can continually be so shite in these games, law of averages would surely suggest we could even fluke one, but nope, since the day we beat the tims at Hampden is been an absolute clusterfuck, I just don't know where we go from here, 2 months ago to the day we won at the Piggery and were in the driving seat, we've fucked the league and fucked the cup, 2 months man, thats with a 3 week break included, 6 weeks of pish (and Braga)

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye mate. Just had a feeling but I’ve long questioned whether the management team can learn and adapt from past mistakes.

Fair enough bud, and accept that from you as I know you personally. Questions do undoubtedly have to be asked, when it’s going good we’re exceptionally good, but the bad we serve up all to often is as bad as it gets. A lot of the time I wonder if it’s the players that only produce the tactics that they are given only occasionally and are not good enough to do what’s asked regularly enough, as our system suits top level players of which we don’t have enough of, or other times I can’t understand his inability to change shape or formation depending on opponents. It’s what Jose had about him that pretty much revolutionised modern management. Surely after working under so many top managers at Liverpool he’d have had to adapt formations in the same games never mind the same season. Fuck knows what I think right now 

Archived