Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Than this current team? 

Lack of ability can be overcome.

Lack of heart and fight can’t.

Im 46 and I don’t recall a Rangers team so lacking in fight. 

Its harder to take than simple lack of talent.

Plenty of teams have had no heart .Just not as often .I put it down to the individuals that he continually plays .And it’s spreading like a cancer throughout the squad .I’m putting my hand over my mouth ,so no one can lip read 🤔😞

The squad before the Holmes revolution; full of dud signings like this squad. I remember leaving so many games almost in tears thinking our club was finished as a top team. The club then was a shambles but now I think if we had a decent recruiting policy not what seems to be different inputs we should not be continually embarrassed by bottom six teams.

We lack a couple of born and bread fan who are fighters in the squad. I wish Halliday was a quality midfielder who could have took that role., we need someone like Barry Ferguson who is demanding players up their game the whole game. Gerrard says we have a team full of leaders, I wish one of them would stand up and take control of the situation, I don't think too many leaders is a good thing. 

Comparable spending, nope not in my lifetime, im 38 and as far back as I can remember we'd at least see some fight in our team 

Its absolutely depressing given that theres a squad of us on this forum that could probably have gave hearts a tougher game tonight

On field it starts with the captain, our shitebag one has cost us so many fucking times its ridiculous 

If people want to make these overdramatic threads about how this is the worst and most heartless team ever then that’s fine but at least sleep on it first before stating it because it isn’t even close to being any of those things.

We had a team a few years ago that finished third in the Championship, lost 6-1 to Motherwell in the play offs and conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes to blow a 2 goal lead to Alloa in the Challenge Cup. That’s as bad as it gets.

47 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Than this current team? 

Lack of ability can be overcome.

Lack of heart and fight can’t.

Im 46 and I don’t recall a Rangers team so lacking in fight. 

Its harder to take than simple lack of talent.

It’s a frustrating time mate but we used to get out fought and played with Annan athletic 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If people want to make these overdramatic threads about this l how this is the worst and most heartless team ever then that’s fine but at least sleep on it first before stating it because it isn’t even close to being the any of those things.

We had a team a few years ago that finished third in the Championship, lost 6-1 to Motherwell in the play offs and conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes to blow a 2 goal lead to Alloa in the Challenge Cup. That’s as bad as it gets.

Log out mate.....far far to sensible a comment for here

Spot on👍

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Eck’s final season, which this is sadly beginning to resemble, was just as bad, if not worse. That was a horrific season given where we’d been the previous year.

They’ll be Eck fans along soon to defend it but the parallels to this season are very similar.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

It’s a frustrating time mate but we used to get out fought and played with Annan athletic 

Lost to Stirling Albion when they were bottom of the third division and they didn’t have their manager there because he was getting married that day.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Lost to Stirling Albion when they were bottom of the third division and they didn’t have their manager there because he was getting married that day.

😂, brutal mate 😩

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They’ll be Eck fans along soon to defend it but the parallels to this season are very similar.

Mate, I was/am an Eck fan. His first title win was my first year of having a season ticket. Loved the guy for a good couple of years and actually felt his 433 was, at times, some of the best attacking football we’d seen in years (including Advocaat’s team). That 2003 season was incredible. Sadly it finished completely arse over tit.

I was in the stands when we lost to Motherwell in the playoff.  Sitting there thinking we weren’t going to get promoted was devastating.  Absolutely pumped in the away leg and had to spend another season in the Championship.  That was the lowest.  

Archived