New Manager

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever Wilson ends up choosing he knows the manager will need to have a good knowledge of the game up here from the off, has experience, has built sides for winning games not a style and knows the club. 

If he goes Scottish then someone like Alex Neil ticks most of them boxes. If he decides for a foreigner then fuck knows.

If a new manager is required I'd hope our board to do what any competent organisation would do - invite applications, shortlist, interview, shortlist, interview again, select best candidate.

Given their track history however I'd expect them to select the most left-field candidate who gives the best powerpoint presentation

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

If a new manager is required I'd hope our board to do what any competent organisation would do - invite applications, shortlist, interview, shortlist, interview again, select best candidate.

Given their track history however I'd expect them to select the most left-field candidate who gives the best powerpoint presentation

The board will not be choosing the next manager, Wilson will be.

We got Gerrard due to his inexperience, he's now got experience, if we have to replace him, we have a choice of going for someone who's inexperienced or someone who's cheap!

Anyone with any knowledge in the game know that taking the Ranger's job next season, and failing to win the league is opening themselves up to a public linching!

8 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

We got Gerrard due to his inexperience, he's now got experience, if we have to replace him, we have a choice of going for someone who's inexperienced or someone who's cheap!

Anyone with any knowledge in the game know that taking the Ranger's job next season, and failing to win the league is opening themselves up to a public linching!

And that’s why unless he quits .It will be as you were next season 

If SG wants to succeed .He has to sell Tavanier ,possibly Goldson .Get rid of Davis ,Aribo .All the surplus guys picking up big wages but hardly contributing .Sell Alfredo 

Bring in decent replacements and use these replacements 

Mcgregror ,Hagi ,Katic ,Helander ,Jack ,Arfield ,Kent ,Bara are the only regulars I want to see next season 

Anyone I haven’t mentioned wouldn’t care too much one way or another 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If SG wants to succeed .He has to sell Tavanier ,possibly Goldson .Get rid of Davis ,Aribo .All the surplus guys picking up big wages but hardly contributing .Sell Alfredo 

Mcgregror ,Hagi ,Katic ,Helander ,Jack ,Arfield ,Kent ,Bara are the only regulars I want to see next season 

Not sure about Helander, I can move faster, even when I hooked up to my drip!

Think BB would leave in a heartbeat if Italy was on offer, I'm sure he would much prefer to get kicked in Seria!

Would have Jack and Docherty as a central pairing, not because I think he's better than Davis as a footballer, he's just got more fight and energy

44 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Instead of new manager I’d prefer Beale going to the youths, McAllister moved to 1st team coach and an experienced semi-retired manager who wants to act in some sort of mentor capacity being an assistant to Gerrard.  

One thing's is for sure. If Gerrard leaves, none of his staff will be wanting to stay in Scotland. Not one. They will all be gone. They are here for Gerrard. 

1 hour ago, berkshirebear said:

If Gerrard goes who would replace him? (realistically) 

I'm struggling to think of any decent candidates, what's happened to Scottish managers!! 

Why does it need to be a Scottish manager??

Please don’t tell me it so he understands the game up here.

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

One thing's is for sure. If Gerrard leaves, none of his staff will be wanting to stay in Scotland. Not one. They will all be gone. They are here for Gerrard. 

What about them going down a level to make space for a new experienced mentor being Gerrards assistant? I think they might stay for that.

3 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Aye , the sleep we will all lose if that happens........

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'd keep aribo, reason being that barisic was in a similar situation last season and has found form consistently. Sometimes players need time to settle. 

Agreed on the rest though. 

55 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Whoever Wilson ends up choosing he knows the manager will need to have a good knowledge of the game up here from the off, has experience, has built sides for winning games not a style and knows the club. 

If he goes Scottish then someone like Alex Neil ticks most of them boxes. If he decides for a foreigner then fuck knows.

🤮

Archived