Does Gerrard need to change his coaching staff?

Difficult to know exactly what people do behind the scenes but it will be interesting to see whether Gerrard finds some sacrificial lambs in his coaching staff. 

A lot of composed football guys but maybe he needs a nutter alongside him who will get into the players when needed. Or maybe he needs somebody a bit more experienced on the tactical side of things who can suggest ways to shake things up. 

Hugely disappointing season but if Gerrard is going to stay then do you think he will look to freshen things up elsewhere?

42 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

We need a team for Europe, and a team for Scottish games.

It’s looking far more likely that this is the case.

Until Scottish football moves with the rest of the world to actually play football (maybe in a few decades after the ban on kids heading the ball) it might not be possible for us to afford players that are capable of doing both the technical side of things for Europe and then downgrading themselves to primary school levels but where you need to be able to kick the shite out of the other team.

If the other teams actually got the ball on the deck and played football they might find they don’t get pumped out of Europe against a team from Lichtenstein or Armenia etc.

I don’t think it needs to be 2 completely different XIs but we would certainly need someone who can put themselves about.....thinking someone like Lewis Ferguson, Allan Campbell etc.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm at a loss what McAllister offers.  I'm sure Gerrard wants him there, but wonder if someone who knows the game up here better would be more beneficial to him.

It's Beale who is always in Gerrards ear not McAllister.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's Beale who is always in Gerrards ear not McAllister.

Yep. I wonder if McAllister is the link between players and Gerrard.  

I'm sure he does contribute but hes not an experienced manager, doesn't know the game inside out up here, isnt the technician Beale seems to be. Hes just, well, there.

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm at a loss what McAllister offers.  I'm sure Gerrard wants him there, but wonder if someone who knows the game up here better would be more beneficial to him.

It's pretty straight forward what the game up here is.  Less five a side players and more dig in the team.  We're a team filled with fucking snowflakes.

Yes, the fact that they're not punching fuck out of each other arguing about why Ojo keeps getting picked for starts. Beale comes across as a laptop tactician and fuck knows what McAllister actually does. The three of them look lost when a game is going badly and are reluctant to make any sort of tactical change when the other team is in on top. Gerrard needs someone who is going to balance out his weaknesses and lack of experience and he's not going to get that from Beale and McAllister. What a pity we had McCoist as number 2 to Walter instead of someone with a driven personality like Gerrard. 

19 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Yes, the fact that they're not punching fuck out of each other arguing about why Ojo keeps getting picked for starts. Beale comes across as a laptop tactician and fuck knows what McAllister actually does. The three of them look lost when a game is going badly and are reluctant to make any sort of tactical change when the other team is in on top. Gerrard needs someone who is going to balance out his weaknesses and lack of experience and he's not going to get that from Beale and McAllister. What a pity we had McCoist as number 2 to Walter instead of someone with a driven personality like Gerrard. 

I always think the management come alive on European nights they all seem up for it Gerrard paces the touchline and the players look and see that, in the league games it's all arms folded and looking at one another.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I don’t think it needs to be 2 completely different XIs but we would certainly need someone who can put themselves about.....thinking someone like Lewis Ferguson, Allan Campbell etc.

I do think we could do with a more no nonsense player. That can offer us something different. 

I also don't think we need two totally different 11s either.

It's more about having different game plans/tactics. Gerrard could do worse than taking a page out of Walter's book. One setup for Europe and one for the league. 

As for coaching staff I don't see it changing much. 

Can the coaching staff teach them to pass the fucking ball? the amount of times that we give possession away is ridiculous - fair enough lose it if someone puts in a hard tackle for a 50/50 but recently our passing is disgraceful. Steve Davis seems like he needs an fucking eye test when he passes the ball, Tav could not cross the fucking road never mind put in a decent cross, but the whole lot of them need to practice. One or two stand out Hagi and wee Alfie, sometimes Barasic .

What happened to the one / two touch and playing in triangles that we played before the break? short crisp and fast - it took teams apart.

Oh and please practice shooting from outside the box, fucking have a dig - if it is not exactly on target then you have a chance of a rebound which someone like Defoe would love.

Please also practice winning the ball at corners - we rarely threaten the other team when we have a corner unless Katic runs up for it which leaves us short at the back if the other team wins the ball and goes for the quick counter.

Its fucking schoolboy stuff .

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I do think we could do with a more no nonsense player. That can offer us something different. 

I also don't think we need two totally different 11s either.

It's more about having different game plans/tactics. Gerrard could do worse than taking a page out of Walter's book. One setup for Europe and one for the league. 

As for coaching staff I don't see it changing much. 

You’re right mate. We only need the squad supplemented with 3-4 no nonsense additions for the league campaign. This will take the workload off the team who play in Europe. The team look tired if I might add. 

14 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Can the coaching staff teach them to pass the fucking ball? the amount of times that we give possession away is ridiculous - fair enough lose it if someone puts in a hard tackle for a 50/50 but recently our passing is disgraceful. Steve Davis seems like he needs an fucking eye test when he passes the ball, Tav could not cross the fucking road never mind put in a decent cross, but the whole lot of them need to practice. One or two stand out Hagi and wee Alfie, sometimes Barasic .

What happened to the one / two touch and playing in triangles that we played before the break? short crisp and fast - it took teams apart.

Oh and please practice shooting from outside the box, fucking have a dig - if it is not exactly on target then you have a chance of a rebound which someone like Defoe would love.

Please also practice winning the ball at corners - we rarely threaten the other team when we have a corner unless Katic runs up for it which leaves us short at the back if the other team wins the ball and goes for the quick counter.

Its fucking schoolboy stuff .

I agree with all of that post.

Archived