Gerrard "This can't be Morelos FC"

Smile

Gerrard has made it about Morelos rather than the team by being so public. He knows anything to do with Morelos is turned into a circus by the media.

All he needed to do was deal with it internally.

Tell the media pre match that Morelos was delayed back from Colombia he’s not trained and Stewart deserved his chance and put Morelos on the bench.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard has made it about Morelos rather than the team by being so public. He knows anything to do with Morelos is turned into a circus by the media.

Tell the media pre match that Morelos was delayed back from Colombia he’s not trained and Stewart deserved his chance and put Morelos on the bench.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

Yep.

He’s blew it and will be offloaded in the summer. 
I’m sick of reading about Morelos for all the wrong reasons.

He's became a sideshow and a distraction:

A reformed character, scoring goals for fun first half of season, chat about a big move, needless suspension(s), indiscipline,  form dips dramatically, worth fuck all (relatively speaking).....rinse and repeat!

Seems the haters have won then,when we are turning on our own.Moreso now than ever the team need our support.Morelos has been punished,end of story.He'll be gone soon enough but a hat-trick tonight will get us all onside again 😉

Morelos has scored  since the taigs game,twice in fact,both WRONGLY ruled out by corrupt refereeing.

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Seems the haters have won then,when we are turning on our own.Moreso now than ever the team need our support.Morelos has been punished,end of story.He'll be gone soon enough but a hat-trick tonight will get us all onside again 😉

Morelos has scored  since the taigs game,twice in fact,both WRONGLY ruled out by corrupt refereeing.

Also scored against Hamilton where it wasn’t chopped off.

The way I see it is .... that after the top performance and result against Braga ...... then the subsequent circumstances surrounding Alfredo being rightfully disciplined ..... SG took the correct path leading to him being left out of the team to play Hearts.

Who honestly thought .... that after Wednesday's performance without Alfredo ...... that we would be run over by Hearts due to so many players from the Braga game being totally invisible and incapable of getting the result we should have gotten after playing so well in midweek?

Alfredo never played on Wednesday .... the team got on with it admirably and won against a top European side ...... but come Saturday with most of the same team ..... again without Alfredo ... but presumably full of confidence from the Braga game ...... come onto the park and "perform" so poorly and fuck up so badly.

Reasonably and logically thinking ..... how can ONE player who never played in any of the two totally different team performances be responsible for the humbling by Hearts ..... when not even in the squad.

We got Royally fucked due to the pathetic performance by too many players on the day ..... and even if Alfredo was playing .... which he was not ....... we created so few chances of scoring that it would not ..... in hindsight ...... have made any difference to the eventual scoreline.

It would seem .... that even when not playing .... that Alfredo Morelos is still the only excuse we can feebly come up with for the baffling  inconsistency of  ALL the other players who did play .... and lost so pathetically.

Maybe it is time for Alfredo to leave Rangers and Scotland now ..... especially when even some of our own think he is responsible for all our on field troubles ..... and as far as him apologising to the manager and the support .... fair enough for that one we deserve that at least ..... but to be hung drawn and quartered over and over again by the media and SFA officials .... and then still have to apologise to the bunch of pretenders who were out on the park last Saturday .... that one is a bit rich .... they are the ones responsible for the defeat and should be the ones who are doing all the apologising .... not Alfredo.

We are not "Morelos FC" .... right enough ...... we are The Rangers FC ..... time the other players in our squad woke up and realised this fact .... and not needed the manager to constantly come out and defend them ..... Alfredo but .....

🇬🇧

6 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Whether Alfie stays or goes, the hatred and the narrative will not change, simply because  there are no consequences for them , so why should the haters stop?

Look to our board, who are now very much part of the problem.

17 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Morelos made it about Morelos when he didn't turn up.

Such is the narrative the media turn it into a circus, but the club don't help themselves in this.

The Alfie side show is not new. For reasons both on and off the park, it is clear it is affecting him and such is the narrative, it won't be changing, so it is time for a parting of the ways for everyone's sake.

This should be all about the Rangers and not an individual.

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Fuck are they still on about Morelos. Imagine SG or any of them trying to handle Gazza ! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
8E2335B5-0C8D-4D95-B0EF-324D8651E891.thumb.jpeg.8ff6f3725a2e041f14bdf05beb1dad0a.jpeg

PS - Phone WATTIE right enough I think we’re going to need him !😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

34 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We don't know what goes behind close doors and what management and players really think. We only see what is on the park.

Think we've reached that water shed moment where there will be change, but it will be done subtley with minimal disruption, in the public face anyway.

Behind the scenes I would imagine it's squeaky bum time for quite a few players. Some will rise to the challenge, others will not, simply through not having the ability or character and there will be others who don't give a fuck, such is the nature of these things.

Again, close season becomes more important than ever. We also have a wage bill issue and it's sustainabilty to take into account, and the bottom line is the threshold by which we or anyone plan for the future. 

Agree with a lot of that B A, but I still find it alarming that it is OK to speak so much about Alfredo in public but still give the impression the rest can still be fine.

I am still an angry Bear mate and Stevie has to show me by his, formations, changes during a game, and drop his favourites etc before he gets me fully back, blacking him again.

Two seasons ended in  Feb/March is taking it's toll on me.

I thought by today I would be getting less annoyed, unfortunately it is going the other way still.

Rant over. :happy:

5 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Fuck are they still on about Morelos. Imagine SG or any of them trying to handle Gazza ! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
8E2335B5-0C8D-4D95-B0EF-324D8651E891.thumb.jpeg.8ff6f3725a2e041f14bdf05beb1dad0a.jpeg

Exactly how many days training did gazza miss? Was he dropped , no because he was a character, genius, too good to be dropped

the vitriol from our fans against Morelos is a disgrace

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Exactly how many days training did gazza miss? Was he dropped , no because he was a character, genius, too good to be dropped

If we don’t start winning trophies the vitriol will get worse only it will get shared by others. 

38 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Exactly.  Gerrard has made an error of judgement on this issue.   This has taken the spotlight away from the fact that the rest of the squad without Morelos couldn't beat a woeful Hearts team in two games.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Putting our domestic results to the side, the learning from this latest of issues, is that we remain a bit of a shit show when it comes to PR, but I doubt we'll be improving that for the foreseeable

I can't remember another organisation with a worse PR than us.   

25 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The stories ive heard about Gazza make me laugh with gut aching laughs ! ! Gazza was epic and just funny ! the story about him signing a young Rangers fans ball then volleying it down the road is to funny ! imagine 

funny side note in 2008 in Niagara falls I was 16 Goram punched me in the balls lol he was steaming !! fun times 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can we still blame Morelos next season after he has left for us being shite and not winning anything. 

He’ll be away anyway it’s cheaper to sell him than get rid of a whole management squad. Which a lot of fans were beginning to hint at. After the Le Guen, Barry Ferguson debacle I don’t support any individual, manager or player, I back The Rangers. This whole thing is devisive it should’ve been kept in house. The mhedia are lapping it up driving more wedges in where they can.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Agree with a lot of that B A, but I still find it alarming that it is OK to speak so much about Alfredo in public but still give the impression the rest can still be fine.

I am still an angry Bear mate and Stevie has to show me by his, formations, changes during a game, and drop his favourites etc before he gets me fully back, blacking him again.

Two seasons ended in  Feb/March is taking it's toll on me.

I thought by today I would be getting less annoyed, unfortunately it is going the other way still.

Rant over. :happy:

It's that public face again. We after all were waiting for Gerrard to respond after his comments after the Hearts game. So it's Punish the offender, protect the rest to keep them motivated and he remains committed to the club. I thnk behind closed doors matters will be different.

Only time will tell if there is change for the better. I doubt there will be any immediate revolution, but more subtle changes and the major change in the close season. Gerrard needs to learn and come up with a new perspective and I can see no reason why not. What has gone wrong is fairly obvious to me.

As for the Morelos issue, we also played a part in his fall from grace, in setting him up as a new messiah. Not a bad word could be said against. Many forgot who and what is important  and that is the club. He is good, but he's far from being that. We also didn't protect him when we should have.  Now both him and the club will pay the the price.

As I said in another post, we remain a shit show when it comes to PR.

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Exactly.  Gerrard has made an error of judgement on this issue.   This has taken the spotlight away from the fact that the rest of the squad without Morelos couldn't beat a woeful Hearts team in two games.

Maybe that was the point all along. 

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He’ll be away anyway it’s cheaper to sell him than get rid of a whole management squad. Which a lot of fans were beginning to hint at. After the Le Guen, Barry Ferguson debacle I don’t support any individual, manager or player, I back The Rangers. This whole thing is decisive it should’ve been kept in house. The mhedia are lapping it up driving more wedges in where they can.

We are making it divisive no one else, we haven’t back Buff all season and the media have tore him apart, so as soon as we turn on him they are laughing up their sleeve. 
They have won he will be gone in the summer (Fenian media job done) and he will go for as little as possible so less to rebuild with (Fenian media job done) and we are applauding it. 
We are our own worst enemy, no wonder ScumFC laugh at us. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are making it divisive no one else, we haven’t back Buff all season and the media have tore him apart, so as soon as we turn on him they are laughing up their sleeve. 
They have won he will be gone in the summer (Fenian media job done) and he will go for as little as possible so less to rebuild with (Fenian media job done) and we are applauding it. 
We are our own worst enemy, no wonder ScumFC laugh at us. 

More or less.👍🏻

When he looks back in the summer he only has himself to blame for not hitting his dream target of 50 goals in a season. He's missed too many games by his own hand, and he's also missed countless fucking sitters he just shouldn't be missing. Should've/could've easily broken Ally's 40.

39 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Morelos is nowhere near Gazza’s level though. 

Archived