Steven Gerrard...Wonderful player.

Malkytfp1

When i first heard one of my favourite ever football players was going to manage our team, i was proud. I was excited. I was jubilant. I was also very skeptical, after all what manangerial experience did he have? And that last part is, for me, the crucial part as to why i want him gone. There are many things in my eyes he did wrong.

* His inexperiance in game management and adaptation is evidently missing.

* Stubborness or naievity in having another game plan.

* Not learning. This seasons failures are almost a carbon copy of last seasons failures.

* losing twice in a row to 2nd bottom of the league team without changing what didnt work first game then losing to a really poor bottom of the league team all in the space of 2 months.

* Handling of players, chucking them under buses without addressing the issues he is responsible for.

* Favouritism. Katic has one bad game he is gone. Davis, Tav, Goldson can do whatever the fuck they want without repercussion

* Higher spend and more time than previous managers who would be out on their arse by now.

At our most crucial time in our history, we have a man at the helm whos previous experience is as an under 18's coach. Whilst the players are to blame, they are mostly his players. Tonight you could see from the 1st minute they were dejected and this for me was a knock on effect from Gerrard last 'spit the dummy' interview after the Hearts game. Not everyone will agree but i write this tonight not angry for once, but more genuinely sad.

The time to cut ties is now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His name and name alone is why some want him to stay. 

Like it's a proud thing for us to have a world class player who is world renowned represent us. We don't need an ambassador we need a manager. 

Attracting players who want to learn from him is great but when he can't change a game against Hamilton Accies or put the worst Hearts team in my living memory out a cup it's pretty pointless

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Like it's a proud thing for us to have a world class player represent us. We don't need an ambassador we need a manager. 

Not had a manager for nearly 10 years.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Like it's a proud thing for us to have a world class player represent us. We don't need an ambassador we need a manager. 

Agreed mate.

Birthday card pish, but we are and always will be better than Steven Gerrard.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Like it's a proud thing for us to have a world class player who is world renowned represent us. We don't need an ambassador we need a manager. 

Attracting players who want to learn from him is great but when he can't change a game against Hamilton Accies or put the worst Hearts team in my living memory out a cup it's pretty pointless

Exactly what do you think our players might be learning from him ?

Dreadful manager.

He has completely neglected our youth.

He has lost the dressing room. Not all of it mind, his favourites will stand by him.

His treatment of certain other players has been abysmal. 

Players being dropped at their first bad game, others being allowed to be shit multiple time without recourse.

Cannot change a thing when it’s going wrong.

Cannot get the best out of any players.

He never looks bothered when we are losing. 

Says the same crap after every bad game.

I can’t listen to him anymore. I’m willing to be he’s came away with the same nonsense as after the Hearts game at the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Exactly what do you think our players might be learning from him ?

He's a genuine likeable guy and one of the best footballers I have ever seen so it's fair to say others who grew up watching him would love to learn some things from him. 

As a manager it's not happening and I don't see it working wherever he goes next either, maybe a coach... Youth set up but that's about it. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

He's a genuine likeable guy and one of the best footballers I have ever seen so it's fair to say others who grew up watching him would love to learn some things from him. 

As a manager it's not happening and I don't see it working wherever he goes next either, maybe a coach... Youth set up but that's about it. 

Will always be a problem if he expects no marks and shitebags to turn in similar performances as he used to.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Worse than Ally. Man management is woeful.

Nobody will ever be worse than him as a manager.
Here we are ripping into a manager for losing to a shit premier league side and you compare him  to a man who lost to teams 2 divisions below that 

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Will always be a problem if he expects no marks and shitebags to turn in similar performances as he used to.

I think he's improved Jack to a good extent but apart from that I don't see much. 

Ideally we would have all loved for it to be a success and Gerrard breaking their grip over the game here. 

48 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

John Greig and Ally McCoist.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Rookie managers. It worked with Souness, no one else. Seems to be failing with Gerrard as well.

4 hours ago, murzo said:

Rookie managers. It worked with Souness, no one else. Seems to be failing with Gerrard as well.

It worked with Souness because we spent money on big name English players like Butcher and Woods as well as souness himself . If Gerrard could sign England’s goalie and centre half them I’m sure he would have more success too 

14 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

It worked with Souness because we spent money on big name English players like Butcher and Woods as well as souness himself . If Gerrard could sign England’s goalie and centre half them I’m sure he would have more success too 

Damn right - Souness brought in parts of a team that got to a World Cup Semi Final, and a few players on the fringes of that team too.

Woods, Butcher, Walters, Stevens, Steven, Wilkins, Roberts.

That would be like signing guys of the caliber of - Maguire,  Rose, Lingard, Delph, etc. 

I'd fancy my chances of winning the league - let alone a professional football manager - if we were able to do that these days!

He's hopeless.  Better get used to it though,there are too many fucking idiots in our support and in the boardroom who are starstruck by the cunt so he's going nowhere.

We are in freefall and cunts are making excuses for it because its Steven fucking Gerrard.

Embarrassing.

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Worse than Ally. Man management is woeful.

No chance. He's already had more success than ally progressing us in Europe. Gerrard would've got us out of the championship first time of asking too. 

• 11 months later...

Archived