Steven Gerrard...Wonderful player.

Malkytfp1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank fuck our board had a bit of patience.

Just love the man after what he's done for our club in a SPL and European context, he's put us firmly back on the map of workd football.

:bow: 

Thread shows some people don't have a clue and are impatient. He's learning as he goes, that's definitely true, but look at how quickly he's learned. 

If he's here for the next decade then you can bet he'll have some bad periods, losing to teams Rangers should dominant, but it's part of building teams and foundations to build on, which is how his current team are undefeated and close to 55. 

That night was a fucking farce. 

We created so many chances but no one in our team looked like they wanted to score. Alfie, Tav, Defoe all missed absolute sitters by going through the motions. Kamara got nutmegged off some jobber. Gerrard actually looked like a ghost on the touchline. Their goal and the cock up between Tav and Goldson seemed to sum up all the times our hope had been killed off in the past few years after false dawn after false dawn. McGregor screaming abuse at Tav and Goldson before the ball had even hit the net reverberating around the stadium, and then the boos started.

7 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

I don't think it's fair to bump a thread like this, Malky wasn't the only one thinking this at the time. After our cup exit to Hearts I honestly thought it was over for Gerrard. Fuckin delighted to be proved wrong. 

Don't have any problem with Malky or anyone else having wanted him out. It's the folk that started giving the ones that didn't want him gone shite. Calling them idiots and that. Deserve to be dug up a wee bit about that tbh.

Listen batter in. I was desperate for him to be gone. Was I wrong? Fucking big time. Am I eating my words? Better believe it. Am I angry I was wrong? No, I'm fucking delighted. I look like a fucking idiot and deserve pelters for wanting him gone. The name calling etc which is referred to, well that was fuck all to do with me. No Rangers fan should belittle another Rangers fan who puts their hard earned time and cash into this great institution and forms an opinion on a forum.

I do find it slightly baffling that at the end of ten years of abject failure and hurt that some fans choose to celebrate by draggin other fans names through the mud for being guilty of wanting change at a time when it seemed to some that change was required. Like I say but, feel free to take shots. I was wrong and deserve a bit of a battering for being wrong and no showing patience.

58 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

I don't think it's fair to bump a thread like this, Malky wasn't the only one thinking this at the time. After our cup exit to Hearts I honestly thought it was over for Gerrard. Fuckin delighted to be proved wrong. 

I've just scrolled through that thinking "i hope I never, I hope I never"  I got to admit, at that time I did think he was gonna leave, thank fuck he never.

hahaha, some quality posts on here less than a year ago, who cares though...we've all been guilty of similar opinions....not me regarding Gerrard though, I always had faith in him:coolio:....but on the flip side i always believed caixinha would turn it around:ang:

It’s fucking embarrassing bumping threads like this.  We hadn’t (still haven’t btw) won a trophy in 9 years at the time of this thread and had just fell away after Christmas for the second season running and been knocked out the 4th cup competition in a row under him after a shocking performance at tynecastle and even lost at home to hamilton ffs.  Aye things look rosey now and that’s great but to have a go at peoples opinions when everyone was so low last year is pathetic.

It’s fucking embarrassing bumping threads like this.  We hadn’t (still haven’t btw) won a trophy in 9 years at the time of this thread and had just fell away after Christmas for the second season running and been knocked out the 4th cup competition in a row under him after a shocking performance at tynecastle and even lost at home to hamilton ffs.  Aye things look rosey now and that’s great but to have a go at peoples opinions when everyone was so low last year is pathetic.

2 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

To be fair I recall Aribo for example, getting the same treatment as recently as very recently. Natural behaviour, human nature, but always documented..... who really cares, I'm always delighted when anyone bounces back after a bit of crit. 

Archived