Gaffers reaction

mrmojorisin

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Up until 29th Dec things were great. 

This blip is hugely concerning. But I simply don't believe getting rid of the manager solves anything right now. 

Jesus fuck , how long does it last before it stops just being a blip 

19 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Up until 29th Dec things were great. 

This blip is hugely concerning. But I simply don't believe getting rid of the manager solves anything right now. 

This isn't a blip mate. This is a 2nd consecutive season after the winter break we've collapsed 

10 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Play the kids. All the kids. Give them 3 months experience of playing against these shite teams and in front of us. Don't want to see one first team player pull on the blue shirt again.

Do you think that would wash with the support?

They couldn’t beat a 10 man championship team who played nearly a third of the game with ten men in Inverness and a lot of them still physically look like youngsters.

Our support are not known for their patience and it would only take a couple of poor results for the supporters to turn toxic.

It’s not a realistic solution.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do you think that would wash with the support?

They couldn’t beat a 10 man championship team who played nearly a third of the game with ten me in Inverness and a lot of them still physically like youngsters.

Our support are not known for their patience and it would only take a couple of poor results for the supporters to turn toxic.

It’s not a realistic solution.

It's not as a one size fits all approach.

But tbh Kennedy, Patterson, perhaps Mebude getting game time will be a justified opportunity and could do them good. Especially if it means we can drop several of the worst imposters from the squad.

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I've never been tempted to use the ignore function on here even though there are some right fanny's on here, but seriously considering it with The Gerrard FC supporters.

It's embarrassing 

47 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This isn't a blip mate. This is a 2nd consecutive season after the winter break we've collapsed 

Strides have been made under Gerrard though mate. We are all hurting. I travel up for most games from the south east of England. I made the trip as usual yesterday. I am hurting like fuck. But I still see SG as the man to take us forward. 

HUGE summer ahead but I have to give him to start next season. 

15 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Strides have been made under Gerrard though mate. We are all hurting. I travel up for most games from the south east of England. I made the trip as usual yesterday. I am hurting like fuck. But I still see SG as the man to take us forward. 

HUGE summer ahead but I have to give him to start next season. 

If it was just a one off season I'd give gerrard the benefit of the doubt. I very much did end of last season. 

We've made improvements but when your seeing the exact same things league blown, QF SC exit and season domestically done with 2 months left to play. How much more leeway can we give him. 

I honestly think we're the tommy burns equivalent of Rangers now. A side that can play good football on it's day but when push comes to shove can't get the job done. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If it was just a one off season I'd give gerrard the benefit of the doubt. I very much did end of last season. 

We've made improvements but when your seeing the exact same things league blown, QF SC exit and season domestically done with 2 months left to play. How much more leeway can we give him. 

I honestly think we're the tommy burns equivalent of Rangers now. A side that can play good football on it's day but when push comes to shove can't get the job done. 

I know it's shit at the moment mate. A terrible and inconsistent run since the break. But a new manger now just puts us back to square one. That's my concern. And some of the names getting banded about are frightening. 

When Gerrard took over we were a shambles. We hadn't won a major trophy in 7 years. The previous season we lost to Progres Niederkorn in Europe, we were lucky to only lose 5 goals when regularly getting humped by that lot and we only finished 3rd in the league thanks to a 5-5 last day draw with Hibs.

The last 2 months have been horrific, but we have still improved considerably from 18 months ago: We are still in Europe after some fantastic results, we restored our pride by beating that lot plus Clancy the Cheat in their own midden and we are comfortably 2nd in the league, 20 points clear of 3rd place.

Looking at 2 of the best managers of our time, who took over big clubs that hadn't seen success for a while, we can see that they needed time to change things around and become a success:

Alex Ferguson - Appointed Manchester Utd manager in 1986.
2nd Season - 11th in the league. No trophies.
First trophy won - FA Cup 1990 (4 years later).
First league won - 1993 (7 years later).

Jurgen Klopp - Appointed Liverpool manager in 2015.
2nd Season - 4th in the league. No trophies.
First trophy won - Champions League 2019 (4 years later).
First league won - 2020 (5 years later). *Champions elect.

If we get rid of Gerrard, who will replace him, knowing that they are only going to get 18 months max to turn things around?

Hard as it is to take at the moment, we cannot keep changing manager every 2 years. We need some stability and to build on the improvements made over the last 18 months. As Man Utd and Liverpool have shown, a bit of patience is required. Going back to square 1 and starting yet again is not the sensible option.

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He got seven million to spunk on an inconsistent shitebag. Another three to spend on Helander. He got enough. Panic bought after the embarrassment at Hearts.

Faster he fucks off the better.  

Ok

but what about his replacement? Because by saying he should leave you’re trusting the board that they will appoint someone better

Erm ...... so let’s see

murty

mcdowall

mccoist 

Caixinha
warburton

Gerrard is a more capable manager than any of those duds   

2 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

When Gerrard took over we were a shambles. We hadn't won a major trophy in 7 years. The previous season we lost to Progres Niederkorn in Europe, we were lucky to only lose 5 goals when regularly getting humped by that lot and we only finished 3rd in the league thanks to a 5-5 last day draw with Hibs.

The last 2 months have been horrific, but we have still improved considerably from 18 months ago: We are still in Europe after some fantastic results, we restored our pride by beating that lot plus Clancy the Cheat in their own midden and we are comfortably 2nd in the league, 20 points clear of 3rd place.

Looking at 2 of the best managers of our time, who took over big clubs that hadn't seen success for a while, we can see that they needed time to change things around and become a success:

Alex Ferguson - Appointed Manchester Utd manager in 1986.
2nd Season - 11th in the league. No trophies.
First trophy won - FA Cup 1990 (4 years later).
First league won - 1993 (7 years later).

Jurgen Klopp - Appointed Liverpool manager in 2015.
2nd Season - 4th in the league. No trophies.
First trophy won - Champions League 2019 (4 years later).
First league won - 2020 (5 years later). *Champions elect.

If we get rid of Gerrard, who will replace him, knowing that they are only going to get 18 months max to turn things around?

Hard as it is to take at the moment, we cannot keep changing manager every 2 years. We need some stability and to build on the improvements made over the last 18 months. As Man Utd and Liverpool have shown, a bit of patience is required. Going back to square 1 and starting yet again is not the sensible option.

Please dont tell me you are comparing a rookie manager taking the reigns of the biggest club in scotland, to two seasoned managers who took over clubs in way more competitive leagues

Klopp won the german league and got dortmund to the CL final, ferguson won a european trophy with aberdeen as well as domestic honours

Gerrard had a couple of good results at u18 level

There is literally no comparison 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok

but what about his replacement? Because by saying he should leave you’re trusting the board that they will appoint someone better

Erm ...... so let’s see

murty

mcdowall

mccoist 

Caixinha
warburton

Gerrard is a more capable manager than any of those duds   

Warburton and caixinha never got anywhere near enough of a shot at the premier league 

Gerrard has spent more on his centre halves than both Warburton and pedro spent on their entire team,

11 hours ago, Borna Bluenose said:

He needs ro go another hopeless a\ppointment by the board

Is it possible to have 6 hopeless managers in a row?? Mccoist, McCall,Warburton, Murty, Caixinha,  Gerrard! I dont think it is, the only consistent thing in those 6 managers is fans expecting miracles and massive over achievements 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Warburton and caixinha never got anywhere near enough of a shot at the premier league 

Gerrard has spent more on his centre halves than both Warburton and pedro spent on their entire team,

The signs were always there with Warburton he was clearly not cut out for it. 

I agree that Pedro should have been given more time 

6 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I know it's shit at the moment mate. A terrible and inconsistent run since the break. But a new manger now just puts us back to square one. That's my concern. And some of the names getting banded about are frightening. 

We are already there at square one tbh. Losing at home to hamilton is the kind of shite we delivered under Murty.  

This sqaud is also needing rebuilt in the summer.  For me your looking at 5-6 players needing to go with replacement needed for all.  

I get the fear of a new manager especially with this boards record. Names being banded about are guess work and suggestions like me with Gio and Frank de Boer. 

We hired ross wilson for a reason. As DOF he will have a shortlist of candidates to come in, if a manger change is needed.

I think we've reached the point where we need an experience manager to come in. 

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We are already there at square one tbh. Losing at home to hamilton is the kind of shite we delivered under Murty.  

This sqaud is also needing rebuilt in the summer.  For me your looking at 5-6 players needing to go with replacement needed for all.  

I get the fear of a new manager especially with this boards record. Names being banded about are guess work and suggestions like me with Gio and Frank de Boer. 

We hired ross wilson for a reason. As DOF he will have a shortlist of candidates to come in, if a manger change is needed.

I think we've reached the point where we need an experience manager to come in. 

Last 16 in EL, a cup final - cheated out of winning it - beating tarriers at their midden. Beating them twice at home last season. Not going into games v the tarriers  fearing a mauling.

We're not back at square one mate. 

Last night was a hard one to take. I was actually quite happy with a lot of our play. But when we get in and around the box we have just lost all composure to finish. On any other day we would have won by 4 or 5. Lack of composure and getting absolutely no luck in front of goal is killing us.

16 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Last 16 in EL, a cup final - cheated out of winning it - beating tarriers at their midden. Beating them twice at home last season. Not going into games v the tarriers  fearing a mauling.

We're not back at square one mate. 

Last night was a hard one to take. I was actually quite happy with a lot of our play. But when we get in and around the box we have just lost all composure to finish. On any other day we would have won by 4 or 5. Lack of composure and getting absolutely no luck in front of goal is killing us.

Cup final we had 30 mins against 10 men, penalty and still couldn't get the job done. There goal shouldn't have counted but can't keep using that when we had enough chances to win the game comfortably. 

Yes we have improved significantly against celtic and the Europa run has been excellent. But it doesn't bring success/trophies domestically unless you can follow it up by beating the rank and file in the league consistently.  How many times have we had a big result only to go and mess it up against a poorer side. 

Look at the records against sides like hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. It's not good enough when these sides don't play any different and still get results.  That's why it all screams square one for me mate. 

Archived