Gaffers reaction

mrmojorisin

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Cup final we had 30 mins against 10 men, penalty and still couldn't get the job done. There goal shouldn't have counted but can't keep using that when we had enough chances to win the game comfortably. 

Yes we have improved significantly against celtic and the Europa run has been excellent. But it doesn't bring success/trophies domestically unless you can follow it up by beating the rank and file in the league consistently.  How many times have we had a big result only to go and mess it up against a poorer side. 

Look at the records against sides like hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. It's not good enough when these sides don't play any different and still get results.  That's why it all screams square one for me mate. 

I respect your views mate. 

There is huge room for improvement, absolutely. The frustrating thing is that there is actually decent talent in this squad. We've all seen it. It's just the level of consistency and nights like last night when we couldn't score in a knocking shop. Hugely disappointing. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

917B6614-8737-47DC-BAEF-6D3C009626EE.gif

Given the time and money gerrard has had, theres a good argument to his statement, pedro got nothing like the backing Gerrard got, and still is getting it seems like

A lot of gerrards fans are saying its the players fault, yet it was Pedro's fault we lost to progres

Cant have it both ways (not you specifically) 

One big thing which had not helped is that we did not bring in enough "starters" in the summer.

Bought a load of players in, but only really Aribo has become a first team starter (for most games). 

Essentially for most of the season it has been the same 9 or 10 players who started games last season. Big changes ahead in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given the time and money gerrard has had, theres a good argument to his statement, pedro got nothing like the backing Gerrard got, and still is getting it seems like

A lot of gerrards fans are saying its the players fault, yet it was Pedro's fault we lost to progres

Players fault then, players fault (well largest share of it) now.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Caixinha was a fucking diddy.

Gerrard might not be the answer but no amount of time or money would have ever made Caixinha the answer either.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Caixinha was a fucking diddy.

Gerrard might not be the answer but no amount of time or money would have ever made Caixinha the answer either.

Caixinha first proper season after a transfer window, only lost 3 domestic games, one of which was the beaton hibs game, a tarrier game at home and the cup semi that motherwell kicked us off the park, we were going to Perth and winning 3-0 under this "diddy" 

Gerrard has been given far more to work with, far more leeway and far more backing than pedro, still won us heehaw

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So pedro was harshly treated then? He should have been given at least a season? 

Pedro turned on the fans. That was his downfall for me.

FWIW I think hed have improved us more than he did if he stayed longer. But not enough to credibly take the scum on.

16 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

One big thing which had not helped is that we did not bring in enough "starters" in the summer.

Bought a load of players in, but only really Aribo has become a first team starter (for most games). 

Essentially for most of the season it has been the same 9 or 10 players who started games last season. Big changes ahead in the summer. 

We've got to ask why weren't these changes made last summer. 

The message from the club and management was quality over quantity. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

People need to wake up and realise that this board are fucking us over. They can’t run us as a business and they have not a fuckin clue on how to fix us. 

can someone tell me how their 5 year plan is coming along?

In an ideal world I want this board gone out of our club. An absolute clueless mess. Leaderless and no clue on how to run a football club. An absolute shit show. 

Robertson makes my blood boil. 

I feel as distant to this board as I did with the spivs. 

Hopeless. 

47 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“celtic 'blinked with one eye but we blinked with two' says Gerrard”

Is that any better than dogs barking and caravans keeping on going? Fucked if I know!

You can’t blink with one eye. Technically speaking, it’s a wink 🙂

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Caixinha first proper season after a transfer window, only lost 3 domestic games, one of which was the beaton hibs game, a tarrier game at home and the cup semi that motherwell kicked us off the park, we were going to Perth and winning 3-0 under this "diddy" 

Gerrard has been given far more to work with, far more leeway and far more backing than pedro, still won us heehaw

We also suffered a record home defeat to celtic, got knocked out of Europe by Progres, wasted millions on Cardoso, Pena & Herrera (who we only managed to get off our books five weeks ago) and lost at home to Kilmarnock under that same diddy.

Like I said, Gerrard might not be the answer, but Caixinha never was. The job was far too big for him from day one and personally I think it’s mental that any Rangers fan can even begin to try and defend him or act like he could have been the answer.

Just now, DBBTB said:

We also suffered a record home defeat to celtic, got knocked out of Europe by Progres, wasted millions on Cardoso, Pena & Herrera (who we only managed to get off our books five weeks ago) and lost at home to Kilmarnock under that same diddy.

Like I said, Gerrard might not be the answer, but Caixinha never was. The job was far too big for him from day one and personally I think it’s mental that any Rangers fan can even begin to try and defend him or act like he could have been the answer.

The record home defeat wasn't his squad, i did state after said transfer window 

And we didnt lose at home to killie, we drew and it got him sacked 

My point is that people want to give gerrard 3 years when he's wasted an absolute fortune on shite, hell warburton got us to the same amount of cup finals as gerrard has

We improved significantly by swapping from Caixinha to Gerrard so the idea that we should’ve given Pedro more time is laughable. The only question for me is whether there’s another manager out there who could take us up another notch in a way that Gerrard (seemingly) can’t. I’m leaning toward “yes”. 

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've got to ask why weren't these changes made last summer. 

The message from the club and management was quality over quantity. 

Exactly. Also doesn’t breed much confidence in what Gerrard will look to bring in this Summer when the majority of the players who let us down time and time again are players he brought in too.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Exactly. Also doesn’t breed much confidence in what Gerrard will look to bring in this Summer when the majority of the players who let us down time and time again are players he brought in too.

Wonder what Liverpool u23 players that are surplus to requirements there will get a move here again......

I keep reading about how better we have played in games against the tarriers and the games in Europe.

My gripe with Gerrard is when we are failing and it’s blatantly obvious he still does the same thing over and over and thinks it will work.

Thats not a good manager in my eyes.

We have improved based on the tarriers and Europe but we haven’t improved against the rest. 

7 weeks ago I genuinely thought we were going to win the league and if not it was going all the way.

Today it’s as far away as it’s ever been. Depressing.

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I keep reading about how better we have played in games against the tarriers and the games in Europe.

My gripe with Gerrard is when we are failing and it’s blatantly obvious he still does the same thing over and over and thinks it will work.

Thats not a good manager in my eyes.

We have improved based on the tarriers and Europe but we haven’t improved against the rest. 

7 weeks ago I genuinely thought we were going to win the league and if not it was going all the way.

Today it’s as far away as it’s ever been. Depressing.

Agreed as good as the results have been against celtic and in Europe. They won't bring domestic trophies until we can consistently beat the other sides around us.  2 seasons in and we are still struggling to do this.

What annoys me more is some of these sides are still doing the same thing and getting results against due to our managers inflexibility.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Agreed as good as the results have been against celtic and in Europe. They won't bring domestic trophies until we can consistently beat the other sides around us.  2 seasons in and we are still struggling to do this.

What annoys me more is some of these sides are still doing the same thing and getting results against due to our managers inflexibility.

The worst examples for me is Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

They both played the exact same way against us last season under McInnes and Clarke yet Gerrard done next to nothing to combat that. 

The last few weeks it’s been Hearts. Brutal.

Shocked he's still in a job this morning, literally any other manager would've been sacked by now

Just showing us all that the board think Gerrard is bigger than the club & unless he decides to walk we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future

Taigs will be walking to 10iar next season.

Archived