Lost A Generation

BridgeIsBlue

Personally I've laughed and scoffed at this remark before but now can you honestly say anything different? 

My old man's seen them dominating the game up here through the 60s,I've been in the fortunate position to have lived through Walter wiping the floor with those cunts, but my wee brother who's not long turned 18 was 10 years old the last time he's seen us win a title. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, the way things are going atm those bastards are going to get 55 before us never mind fucking 10 in a row, it's disgusting. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Personally I've laughed and scoffed at this remark before but now can you honestly say anything different? 

My old man's seen them dominating the game up here through the 60s,I've been in the fortunate position to have lived through Walter wiping the floor with those cunts, but my wee brother who's not long turned 18 was 10 years old the last time he's seen us win a title. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, the way things are going atm those bastards are going to get 55 before us never mind fucking 10 in a row, it's disgusting. 

what age are you?

I’m 37 - Kids 10 and 7 and yes we are in danger of losing a generation. Turgid games at Ibrox, no trophies and no ‘box office’ players

Ive been fortunate through Souness, Smith, Advocaat and even down sizing under McLeish  we still had our pride and our glory years.

Kids now a days - Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona etc etc TV exposure, trophies and trends dictating it.

*Fully expect the bad parenting/nonsense brigade to be out in full force on this one but it’s an enormous concern for like minded parents of my age group after 8/9 years of utter dross 

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What good stuff? 

To see us piss and squabble through the lower leagues managed by an absolute brain fart of a manager? 

Have a word ffs. 

Surely your dad took you when you were young and you witnessed the end of Walters reign? you should have quoted me so I saw this.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Anybody that let’s their wain support them or anybody else is a wank.

Can't have the kid supporting them but there isn't much a parent can do if they have absolutely no interest in Rangers and at this moment and time I could hardly blame them.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Surely your dad took you when you were young and you witnessed the end of Walters reign? you should have quoted me so I saw this.

I was brought up on the knowledge that teams come and go, we have our time in the sun they'll have theirs, that's just the way it is. 

But what's happened over the last few years has been nothing but an absolute capitulation, from our board right down to the players, it's fucking disgraceful. 

Just now, King Jela said:

It feels like it but it always does when they're winning. We never lost a generation when they first won 9IAR so why would it be different now? 

We had some success during those years though. 

We have literally had nothing since 2012. Plus the fact the game has changed significantly since then where TV and social media is all about the European super clubs and English Premier League. 

I don't think we will lose fans right enough, my biggest fear is the acceptance of failure and just classing a successful l season as a few wins against them. 

I keep hearing g about how our grandkids will be 'celtic fans' bla, bla, bla 🙄 how many Motherwell, Killie, Dundee, Hearts fans etc lost their weans support to Rangers when we were winning everything? Probably a fair few tbf. I know a fair few myself and I probably will again when/IF we're back to winning ways. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

We had some success during those years though. 

We have literally had nothing since 2012. Plus the fact the game has changed significantly since then where TV and social media is all about the European super clubs and English Premier League. 

I don't think we will lose fans right enough, my biggest fear is the acceptance of failure and just classing a successful l season as a few wins against them. 

I don't think we'll lose fans. If you can fill your 50k stadium in the lower leagues for 4 years and watch them win 4 trebles in a row chances are glory huters will turn to them anyway, as always done, and at least the younger generation will have a rampant hatred of everything green n grey. 

30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I was brought up on the knowledge that teams come and go, we have our time in the sun they'll have theirs, that's just the way it is. 

But what's happened over the last few years has been nothing but an absolute capitulation, from our board right down to the players, it's fucking disgraceful. 

It's never been less popular to be a Rangers fan either. At a time when the scum are being outed for hiding and protecting paedos.

This country is fucked.

Said before.

My nephew goes to the same school as me, and when I was there 20 years ago, of the people that followed football - 90% of them followed Rangers. Talking to him, that isn't the case any more. 

When I was a kid, when you were having a kickabout in my town, half the kids would have a Rangers top on. These days it's all Man City, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Juve, Celtic....... You definitely see at least as many Celtic tops as Rangers ones, and given where I am from is what you'd term a 'Rangers' area, well..... It simply wasn't the case, even 10 years ago.

I always wondered what it would be like to be a fan of a club that never wins anything, sadly that's how some of our fans feel probably.

But at the end of the day I don't support Rangers because they're the most successful club. I want us to win it all but if we've "lost" anyone just because we haven't won the league then that's their problem, we've shown that we have loyal fans who will follow us no matter what league we play in and if folk only want to be Rangers fans when we're winning then they don't matter. 

That said I'm utterly disgusted with the way we have performed since beating celtic and something has to change, Gerrard basically admitting he's lost the dressing room is a damning statement to everyone involved at the club. The players, management staff and board all need to take a fucking good look at themselves and find a way out of this. I don't think stopping 10iar is a realistic prospect now but I don't want another 10 years of this shite

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

It feels like it but it always does when they're winning. We never lost a generation when they first won 9IAR so why would it be different now? 

It's a bit silly how folk act like no one will support us if we don't win, most football clubs have never won anything ever. 

It's like a sense of entitlement from our fans, or a sense of inevitability. Folk need to realise we are not entitled to anything and nothing will come inevitably. It's like folk are in denial that the taigs have won 9 in a row now and 10 is theirs for the taking. We don't have to be worried about 10 in a row we have to be worried about another decade of them dominating and worse. We're right between a rock and a hard place, this feels like 2012 all over again because I honestly can't see how were going to get ourselves out of this

Tbh if anything the interest has picked up in us in the last couple of years, especially in NI. 

When we were in the lower divisions I rarely seen anyone younger in our shirts but recently I have started to see quite a few. Ticket sales would indicate we aren't losing fans either 

I wouldn't imagine we will gain many younger people that have no family influence though. We are painted in a very poor light by the Scottish media, play pretty awful looking football and we don't win silverware, so aye.

In the early 80s we were coming 5th in the league, never won it for 9 year and the crowds dwindled. Only times we filled the place was against celtic and Aberdeen. Souness came and brought success and the place was stowed. My point is that people may drift away(no evidence so far) but success will always bring them back, you don't lose them as fans.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I used to think this would happen. It doesn't. 

Our young team are doing no to bad following us imo. 

that's not the whole story though, is it.

I've previously reported on my eldest being the only RFC fan in his entire year. In what you would expect to be a 'Rangers school'.

A load were filth fans and a load English PL team fans...….

We have definitely been affected from 2011

Archived