Steven Davis

BigBearButt

I've seen the usual posts calling for Tav and goldson heeds and rightly so however it seems Mr hide and seek champion has escaped any major criticism as per usual.

Davis for me epitomises everything that is wrong with our team and should be the first player dropped. 

Why is it he gets such a light ride on here? He was getting absolute pelters from the stands last night so hopefully people are starting to see just how little the guy offers the team. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I've seen the usual posts calling for Tav and goldson heeds and rightly so however it seems Mr hide and seek champion has escaped any major criticism as per usual.

Davis for me epitomises everything that is wrong with our team and should be the first player dropped. 

Why is it he gets such a light ride on here? He was getting absolute pelters from the stands last night so hopefully people are starting to see just how little the guy offers the team. 

Id bump my thread about binning him save us starting another, but people dont like that apparently 🙄

There’s only one person to blame here. A full squad of players do not go off the boil for no reason. Something serious is going on. Whether it happened in Dubai or auchenhowie. But Gerrard has lost the dressing room and there can only be on solution. Gerrard needs to go. 

The problem with that is, that fucking board gave him a 4 year contract after the parkhead game. So or less Gerrard fucks off we are fucked. Big time

16 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Everybody knows Davis has been pish,  I think the reason Tav & Goldson are getting so much pressure is because they are untouchable by Gerrard. Davis has been dropped, that pair have been well protected by SG despite their obvious flaws. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Irony is his pishy wee chip into the box actually worked in creating a chance for Hagi for once. 

Guys done though. Needs replaced. 

Even that though was due to Hagi somehow contorting himself in mid air to control the ball rather than the accuracy of the pass.

Just from looking at his mannerisms and demeanour, Davis must be one of the least inspirational characters we have and that's saying something given the rest of the shitebags we have in the squad.

I have never seen a game of football where so many of our players with the ball, unchallenged, passed to another one of our players that was surrounded by 3 or 4 of their players. 

Not just Davis, Kamara too. Abysmal display, absolutely fucking abysmal display... 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The worst part is that Ryan Jack is shunted out of position he plays best to fit him in.

The lack of quality in midfield is scary.

The most dynamic midfield performances this season have came with jack, kamara and aribo

Says it all about gerrard that davis continually plays

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The most dynamic midfield performances this season have came with jack, kamara and aribo

Says it all about gerrard that davis continually plays

Kamara and Arfield can fuck off..

Aribo will stay but after watching him absolutely shite himself twice at Tynecastle and The Aberdeen game he could fuck off for me too.

8 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

There’s only one person to blame here. A full squad of players do not go off the boil for no reason. Something serious is going on. Whether it happened in Dubai or auchenhowie. But Gerrard has lost the dressing room and there can only be on solution. Gerrard needs to go. 

The problem with that is, that fucking board gave him a 4 year contract after the parkhead game. So or less Gerrard fucks off we are fucked. Big time

Post of the day.

We weren’t a bad team going into the break but the collapse has been unlike anything I’ve seen before.

We are probably the easiest fixture in the league now.

Pack your defence, leave a fast guy up front, welly it up to him and wait for Mr CockUp to appear in our defence. The stat that I find incredible is that the scum have conceded exactly the same number of goals as us so we actually have a bigger problem at the front than we do at the back.

Morelos has been less than useless having scored nearly thirty goals before Christmas. But we should not be totally dependent on one player.

Gerrard’s biggest failing is not having a Plan B if Morelos doesn’t score.

Davis is exactly the same player he was first time around , has a great game and vanishes the next four. Difference is hes older and slower and kills any tempo we have.

Another who should be gone at the end of the season.........

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Davis is ok coming on for the last 15 when we want to take the sting out the game and see out time. He simply hasn’t got the legs for 90mins.

No he's not because he sets us on a back foot by being so deep and demanding the ball so deep, 

Davis is done no matter the time of the game, you'd want someone with the tenacity of jack to bring on to see out a game, someone who doesnt sit deep to cover his lack of pace

The amount of leeway this idiot gets compared to others is mental. 

Literally doesn’t do anything on the park bar pass sideways or the occasional run back. He offers fuck all in terms of dig in the middle and offers quite literally nothing going forward as well. 

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Davis is exactly the same player he was first time around , has a great game and vanishes the next four. Difference is hes older and slower and kills any tempo we have.

Another who should be gone at the end of the season.........

Davis was best for us playing RM in a 4-4-2. Never liked him playing in central midfield.

It was right to sign him but not to extend him. Don’t think him or Arfield have what it takes to be in a title winning midfield. With talented but inexperienced players around them like Aribo, Hagi, and Kent - we need our experienced players to be hardier, more driven, and aggressive. Hope we can swap them out for players more similar to Jack, Kevin Thomson, or Barry Ferguson in mentality next season. 

Archived