Manager to take us forward, who?

pcbear

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s more established managers but Duncan Ferguson did well for his short spell in charge of Everton. Give him the remainder of the season to see what he can do with the players we have. He also hates the corrupt SFA which is a major plus .

Van Bronckhorst is probably the one I'd like, why he went to China with a decent stock I have no idea, apart from the obvious. Hes only 3 months into a deal there. I'd be looking to bring him in. At least hes won something as a manager 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

There’s more established managers but Duncan Ferguson did well for his short spell in charge of Everton. Give him the remainder of the season to see what he can do with the players we have. He also hates the corrupt SFA which is a major plus .

Jesus fuck 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

We are coming to the end of an experiment with an inexperienced U-18 coach that didn’t work out and you think the answer is to appoint somebody else on the basis of a 4 game, 3 week caretaker spell?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And whoever they are. How long do they get to win the league before its justified to want them out?

First season would likely be a free shot barring any complete melt downs, anything after that where we are not putting up a serious challenge and questions are asked! 

Just now, DBBTB said:

We are coming to the end of an experiment with an inexperienced U-18 coach that didn’t work out and you think the answer is to appoint somebody else on the basis of a 4 game, 3 week caretaker spell?  :lol:

What experienced managers can we realistically get, De Boer won’t come to manage a team in Scotland. Allardyce might come. Give him till the end of this season to see what he can do, a young hungry manager might be a better option than one nearing the end of his career. 

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

We have had 3 experimental managers in a row now. We need someone that’s experienced and can make an instant impact imo

I would honestly take any cunt that has experience of Scottish football! TLB was found out in England, gets found out in Europe constantly but knows the Scottish game inside out & has them cantering to another league. We really need to go back to basics on this! 

That's the big question, there generally is no "oh him" like there probably was with Walter in 2007. Personally I'd like Serhiy Rebrov, bit left of field I know, who has a good record of taking big clubs in their country back to the top. I posted his record on the other manager chat.

4 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Van Bronckhorst is probably the one I'd like, why he went to China with a decent stock I have no idea, apart from the obvious. Hes only 3 months into a deal there. I'd be looking to bring him in. At least hes won something as a manager 

He would have to build a different squad! Would be the same as Gerrard all over again.

Build squad 1st season. Then 2nd season expected to challenge have a bad couple of games in that season, fans turn players lose confidence equalling more bad results! GVB not good enough out the door! Start again!!

Alot of fans impatient but the same fans want the kids to get a chance!!

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

What experienced managers can we realistically get, De Boer won’t come to manage a team in Scotland. Allardyce might come. Give him till the end of this season to see what he can do, a young hungry manager might be a better option than one nearing the end of his career. 

We have a “young hungry manager” at the moment and it’s turned into a disaster.

We have had four experiments in a row - McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha, Gerrard -and not one of them have worked out. The time for experiments is over.

We are crying out for a battle hardened wily experienced campaigner and have been since the day we sacked McCoist.

7 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Van Bronckhorst is probably the one I'd like, why he went to China with a decent stock I have no idea

He went to China because they pay people ridiculous amounts of money.  I think he just signed for a Chinese team in January so no chance he’s coming to us.

Archived