Gerrard backing Goldson

Escobar

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why? Goldson dropped a clanger on wed night, he deserves to be dropped, 

I'm not denying that but like I said, the only option is Katic and I told you my preference. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck Goldson and fuck Gerrard for backing him. The guy is a cart horse and cost us countless points in this run. He’ll cost Gerrard his job and Gerrard will deserve it for staying loyal to him. Fucking done with every one of them. 

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So he publicly backs the senior player who should have the experience and character (considering he’s vice captain) to handle the criticism while he has publicly hung out the younger, less experienced defender to dry when he probably needs an arm around the shoulder. How arse about end is that?

Unbelievable. Particularly coming from someone who started off his coaching career with under 18s. Should understand how that can affect youngsters in particular. 

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So he publicly backs the senior player who should have the experience and character (considering he’s vice captain) to handle the criticism while he has publicly hung out the younger, less experienced defender to dry when he probably needs an arm around the shoulder. How arse about end is that?

Aye,it makes you wonder...favourites and all that.

Next he’ll come out saying Tav is a great captain.

That article in the match programme made me feel sick at how weak a captain he is. How can anyone be inspired by such a limp attitude, just reeks of feeling sorry for themselves right through the squad.

The  reward for this? The manager keeps you as captain, the manager keeps playing you game after game no matter how shite the attitude no matter how shite the performance.

Total lack of balls from Gerrard and his stubbornness and favouritism will cost him his job at some point.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Where was the outcry when Pedro hung Beerman out to dry by playing him against an in-form Roberts ? In all my years on RM, I have never seen a player so worshipped like Nocola Katic is on here. No matter what, people will defend him.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Where was the outcry when Pedro hung Beerman out to dry by playing him against an in-form Roberts ? In all my years on RM, I have never seen a player so worshipped like Nocola Katic is on here. No matter what, people will defend him.

Not the point of the thread though. It's about the double standards. Katic gets publicly humiliated whilst Gerrards bum chums get protected.

If we want to go down that road, let's try super captain Tav. Not a bad word to be said against him, until he became that bad there was no hiding and then his fan club went into hiding.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This just shows Gerrard has favourites and they won't be dropped regardless of performance. 

This will cost him his job eventually. 

I’m getting the impression now he doesn’t give a fuck.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I’m not defending Katic, I’m pointing out the hypocrisy of Gerrard. 

42 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly!

I think Gerrard is taking the cunt out of the whole club and the fans.

I'm now seeing the cunt as a spineless wank, lower than a snake's belly.

Absolutely out of order, taig language. 

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He's never going to slate him.  Remember he shat it from a shot at Aberdeen last season that lead to the equaliser?  Should have been saying then that we expect better from our main fuckin defenders.

Remember when he passed it straight to one of their players in the first game against them this season and it immediately put us on the backfoot and cost us a goal.

He’s just one of those players that has a mistake in him and that means he can never be the senior player in our defence.

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why? Goldson dropped a clanger on wed night, he deserves to be dropped, 

And who replaces him? Katic?

Who was all over the place against St Johnstone! Goldson might have overplayed and got caught on the ball, but Katic was ran ragged and was at fault for both St Johnstone's goals.

He was just as bad against Kilmarnock, everyone remembers Goldson being beaten to the flick on by Brophy but it was Katic that got caught under the ball (again) and beaten in the air.

We are in a position at the minute where for me Goldson has to play, regardless of form, as he is still better than those we have as back up.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Remember when he passed it straight to one of their players in the first game against them this season and it immediately put us on the backfire and cost us a goal.

He’s just one of those players that has a mistake in him and that means he can never be the senior player in our defence.

We have a lot of them that's the problem.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We have a lot of them that's the problem.

That is the problem. Even though most of them are decent players, the people who are meant to be the leaders are never leaders in a million years. What they need is better, more experienced players around them who are leaders but that won’t happen now because of how bad this implosion has been and unfortunately that is going to mean that yet another rebuild is required.

Goldson is a great player when he's simply asked to defend. The EL shows that. 

He's not what we need to if Gerrard is gonna continue playing out from the back. Unless he starts backing himself.

That's the gutting thing about this squad they lack the belief in each other and its shown since January

Archived