Does SG get it?

ps95v7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More hand wringing shite.  Every statement that comes out now from manager or players is fucking embarrassing for Rangers Football Club. And hearing Gerrard saying he needs a Connor Goldson earlier was final straw for me. He clearly isn't going to learn or change and must be replaced soon as possible. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

It was always going to be a tough job and hard for a rookie coach, I seem to say this a lot now it's like a managers obituary.

Your right it was always going to be a tough job for anyone. But to make rookie errors week after week when it's clearly to everyone and their granny that it ain't working is just very poor management skills. The kind of shit you see in sunday league because you only know one way to play. He will never cut it in this league.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Your right it was always going to be a tough job for anyone. But to make rookie errors week after week when it's clearly to everyone and their granny that it ain't working is just very poor management skills. The kind of shit you see in sunday league because you only know one way to play. He will never cut it in this league.

Yes, he's really struggling now.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Yes, he's really struggling now.

That's where our illustrious board should step in. If they are backing him get him some support. Fuck me media management is hardly a dark art,though it seems alien t our club. 

Same with the team, put some distance between him and the players so its easier to make tough calls. 

His current crew don't seem to offer much. 

The alternative is to bite the bullet and part ways as this is damaging the brand. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

At first I thought he did then slowly it started to be the same old repeated shite churned out in after match press conferences much like Pedro and Warburton and Ally 

stuck in a cycle of mediocrity 

It's worse than them three when he starts defending and wanting protection of his cowardly captain and vice captain. Unheard of and absolutely pathetic actions of a Rangers manager. Struth, Wallace, Souness, Smith, Advocaat and McLeish would have never done anything the like of. What's the difference with them names and Gerrard? I wonder.... 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

At first I thought he did then slowly it started to be the same old repeated shite churned out in after match press conferences much like Pedro and Warburton and Ally 

stuck in a cycle of mediocrity 

Telling Bears what they want to hear, but absolutely no chance of changing things, and pleasing Bears 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I think he gets it in a way Mark Warburton never could, having been the captain of a massive club with a big fanbase and high expectations but does he grasp the  unique aspects of the job, like the goldfish nature of Scottish football, the unique culture war dynamics between the Old Firm, and the absolute must-win at all costs because it's Rangers against the world thing that any Rangers fan in the job would? No.

Good points. He say he loves a challenge but I think he underestimated the size of the challenge managing in Scotland ( media, ten men defences, referees etc)

I agree he gets the massive club, huge expectations, must win every game  etc. But its clear now he does not know how to cope against the bread and butter (hammer throwers), 6 across the back and hope for a breakaway (or defensive error) opponents we meet in Spfl. If he doesn't make any kind of ground up over next few months (which he will get) then he may be sitting next to Rio and Hargreaves sooner than he thought. 

6 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I think he gets it to some degree in a way someone like Mark Warburton never could, having been the captain of a massive club with a big fanbase and high expectations and someone who is clearly ambitious and eager to win. Do I think he properly grasps the  unique aspects of the job, like the goldfish nature of Scottish football, the unique culture war dynamics between the Old Firm, and the absolute must-win at all costs because it's Rangers against the world thing that any Rangers fan in the job would? No. 

There's a reason our most successful managers are Scottish Rangers fans.

Spot on, the only non Scottish manager that’s come close to getting it is Advocaat 

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I think he gets it to some degree in a way someone like Mark Warburton never could, having been the captain of a massive club with a big fanbase and high expectations and someone who is clearly ambitious and eager to win. Do I think he properly grasps the  unique aspects of the job, like the goldfish nature of Scottish football, the unique culture war dynamics between the Old Firm, and the absolute must-win at all costs because it's Rangers against the world thing that any Rangers fan in the job would? No. 

There's a reason our most successful managers are Scottish Rangers fans.

He was a captain of a big club. A club with as high expectations as us? I would disagree as when he was captain of that club they never demanded to win every game by any means necessary. The way he is acting now is still like a captain, not a manager. Does he get the club from maybe a captains point of view? Yes possibly but clearly not as a manager.

Just now, tm91 said:

Liverpool fans are plenty demanding. But for them winning a game of football is just winning a game of football - for us it's part of a larger cultural divide where we fucking despise them and everything they stand for and vice versa. There is nothing even remotely close to that in English football and I think we underestimate just how difficult it is for outsiders to properly grasp the unique dynamics of Scottish football and what Rangers (and the Orcs) represent. To be perfectly frank, I don't think it's possible for any manager not familiar with Scottish football to be able to get the club from a manager's perspective. To manage Rangers you need to be aware you are fronting an institution that people both fanatically love and fucking despise, and part of your job involves a siege mentality and the view that success is 'at all costs' not just because winning football games is nice but because we cannot, under any circumstances, allow *them* to win.

Spot on mate 👍

Archived