Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Absolutely crazy decisions over the last few days honestly, Cheltenham being 1 of the worst. They're saying we've got the best advice but it's going against nearly every other countries advice so somebody is wrong somewhere, can only hope it's the rest overreacting 

Personally I can see our government having to come out in a few weeks and apologise for not doing something earlier...by that point it'll be too widespread & we'll be down the same route as Italy are just now. 

Take the economical hit just now before you're forced to take an even bigger one, difference is they'll save the lifes of some of the most vulnerable in doing so.

I reckon if Cheltenham was next week it wouldn't have went ahead, a lot has changed in the last week, in fact they should abandon it now too

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The international players union is calling for a complete shut down of football.

THE international players’ union has backed calls for a TOTAL shutdown of football in response to the coronavirus. Manchester City’s rescheduled Prem clash with Arsenal, due to be played this evening, was postponed shortly after midnight after Nottingham Forest and Olympiacos owner Evangelis Marinakis revealed he had contracted the virus.

image.thumb.png.61a6da39fc73b0abb458f4ef3118535a.png

The Gunners’ game with Brighton this weekend is still planned to go ahead as are the other scheduled Premier League games. But with the number of European countries ordering games to be played behind closed doors increasing by the day, it seems inevitable that British football will follow suit, possibly as early as next week. And now the international players’ union FIFPro has added its weight to calls from player organisations in Italy and other countries to place the entire game on hold until the virus is contained. 

In a statement issued from their headquarters in Amsterdam, FIFPro said: “Cross-border travel and attendance at games create a high risk, affecting everyone from spectators and players to match officials and club staff. “To provide a reliable and clear course of action which puts people and public health first we ask authorities and competition organisers to take transparent, reasonable and consistent decisions across the football industry based on government advice. “Professional footballers, like other workers, are concerned about themselves and their families and friends being exposed to the coronavirus during their daily lives.

“For players their exposure could come during travel, training and match days. “Any actions relating to these activities must be coordinated in close cooperation with players and their unions. “We ask that employers and competition organizers respect the wishes of players to take short-term precautionary measures including suspending training or competitions. “We support the players and their associations who have requested a suspension or postponement of football activities in their countries or regions.” A Europe-wide shut-down would have huge knock-on repercussions for the game and the economic situation affecting clubs AND players. And FIFPro called on governments and sports governing bodies tio intercede and ensure the footballing ramifications of a lock-down are not fatal to the future of smaller clubs in particular. FIFPro added: “As an international industry professional football is heavily affected by this situation in multiple ways.

“Matches behind closed doors and cancellations have a considerable effect on the revenue streams and cash flow of small and medium sized clubs. “The football industry should therefore consider extraordinary solidarity measures to protect the industry and support clubs in need through, for example, financial assistance or advanced payments. “As the situation changes, it is important to strengthen coordination amongst international football stakeholders, governments and public health experts in order to take the best possible course of action for our people and our industry.”

Source: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5375031/players-union-calls-for-europe-wide-shutdown-after-coronavirus-fears-spread-across-the-continent/

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I reckon if Cheltenham was next week it wouldn't have went ahead, a lot has changed in the last week, in fact they should abandon it now too

Tend to agree but really cant predict what they're going to do next so wouldn't have surprised me if it went ahead anyway

Apparently we're only testing like 2000 people per day max & still getting a 15-20% increase each day...the true number of people who have it by now is likely much higher than we know 

36 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think they are doing it on purpose to be honest.

I think they are wanting this to peak in the summer months and they have calculated the best way to achieve that is to basically do fuck all and let it play out.

I think if you really wanted to minimise deaths, they would be going full lockdown and building as many respirators as possible. Then when it spikes in about 9 months they would be in a better position to give folk the care they need.

This would be a financial disaster though and the economy would be in the shitter. It may actually be better just to let 4% of folk die.

The current world population is 7.8 billion as of February 2020 according to the most recent United Nations estimates.

How many of the worlds population are estimated to die from this?

28 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The current world population is 7.8 billion as of February 2020 according to the most recent United Nations estimates.

How many of the worlds population are estimated to die from this?

Depends how much of the population catches it.

Say its 50%, then it would be around 117m deaths.

I have no idea how likely that 50% mark is though.

Just now, chris182 said:

You're asking me how after you plucked a 50% figure out the air. You also used a questionable death rate %, I think the 3% death rate is skewed.

I stated I plucked it out the air.

Germany is predicting 60-70% infection rate. UK is planning for worst case 80% infection rate. My estimation came in well under that.

Hopefully the figure is skewed, but it seems to be pretty bad at the moment and that is when the health systems are only dealing with thousands of cases.

anybody had any joy getting money back , knew it was a long shot , Eurowings letting us rebook flights for another date but needs to before Tuesday and the hotel in cologne said their sticking to non refundable policy 

49 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

anybody had any joy getting money back , knew it was a long shot , Eurowings letting us rebook flights for another date but needs to before Tuesday and the hotel in cologne said their sticking to non refundable policy 

Hotels will we taking a fair hit in normal trade just now and will hang onto every penny they can just now ,no chance of any favours 

58 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Been horrific mate. Ave phoned up Ryanair saying anycunt fae ma goldfish tae multiple grandparents have kicked the bucket and they still go on about uploading death certificates to their website 😂

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Been horrific mate. Ave phoned up Ryanair saying anycunt fae ma goldfish tae multiple grandparents have kicked the bucket and they still go on about uploading death certificates to their website 😂

😂😂😂, ye just gonny take the hit ? 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Going tae have tae mate unless government shut flights down. Even said the cunts am going wae are deed, still fuck all😂. A have insurance through ma bank but doubt they’ll cover it either 

😂, aye I tried to get thru to the bank the day was on hold for ages gave up 

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Absolutely crazy decisions over the last few days honestly, Cheltenham being 1 of the worst. They're saying we've got the best advice but it's going against nearly every other countries advice so somebody is wrong somewhere, can only hope it's the rest overreacting 

Personally I can see our government having to come out in a few weeks and apologise for not doing something earlier...by that point it'll be too widespread & we'll be down the same route as Italy are just now. 

Take the economical hit just now before you're forced to take an even bigger one, difference is they'll save the lifes of some of the most vulnerable in doing so.

The government are happy to sit and watch this rise to a peak. The sooner it peaks h thy e sooner it starts to decline. If it flatlines fur a length of period with no real ending in site the economy will be even more fucked. 

collateral damage from now on in. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Going tae have tae mate unless government shut flights down. Even said the cunts am going wae are deed, still fuck all😂. A have insurance through ma bank but doubt they’ll cover it either 

Tell them you shagged a Thai-Ladyboy in Milan last week and have a banging head. Ask them if they have plenty tissues on board and if they can make sure the Aircon is working cause you are burning up like fuck.

Archived