Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, miracle said:

Are Leverkeusen bringing a support tomorrow night?   Their region of Germany is the worst hit by the virus...

Aye the whole fuckin thing's a shambles - we can't go in their park even although the virus is very limited in this area - rife over there but fuck it just let them go to Ibrox

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I stated I plucked it out the air.

Germany is predicting 60-70% infection rate. UK is planning for worst case 80% infection rate. My estimation came in well under that.

Hopefully the figure is skewed, but it seems to be pretty bad at the moment and that is when the health systems are only dealing with thousands of cases.

That was Merkel.    A German virologist  who was an advisor on disease control has predicted  40,000 infected.

On 10/03/2020 at 19:48, DBBTB said:

Probably a dumb question but does behind closed doors mean no TV coverage too or is it just behind closed doors for supporters? 

Wouldn't affect TV at all, just reduces the number of bodies in the stadium, minimising the risk of contagion.

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Aye the whole fuckin thing's a shambles - we can't go in their park even although the virus is very limited in this area - rife over there but fuck it just let them go to Ibrox

Allowing their supporters to Ibrox, must be one of the most stupid things that football clubs/authorities have done surely. Nuts decision. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Allowing their supporters to Ibrox, must be one of the most stupid things that football clubs/authorities have done surely. Nuts decision. 

I wouldn't let them in the country, nevermind Ibrox.

Through the airport twice and out and about in the city before and after the game? Madness. 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Quite happy for the Leverkusen mob getting the corner tomorrow, as long as the fenians are guaranteed the disease after Sunday. 

Could put a poly tunnel over the whole corner and cultivate the virus.
You can only imagine so many mutants walking about snottering and sneezing at the paedo dome.
Could wipe out the fenians in a short space of time. 

11 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Through the airport twice and out and about in the city before and after the game? Madness. 

Never mind all the folk working on the plane, taxi drivers, bus drivers,  anyone handling the money they're spending... Close the borders until this is all over.

19 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

There’s something like 800 cases in the NRW out of a population 18m. I know it’s not ideal to have anyone potentially with it coming in but we are hardly letting all of Hubei in. Besides, Scotland announced its first community transition today.

The boats well and truly sailed and a few hundred Germans, who statistically (I guess around) 1/17 of a person travelling would have it, aren’t going to make much of a difference.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There’s something like 800 cases in the NRW out of a population 18m. I know it’s not ideal to have anyone potentially with it coming in but we are hardly letting all of Hubei in. Besides, Scotland announced its first community transition today.

The boats well and truly sailed and a few hundred Germans, who statistically probably 1/17 of a person travelling has it, aren’t going to make much of a difference.

Just seems like a completely avoidable risk to me mate.

If for their own safety and the safety of others they're not allowed to be in a group of more than 1000 in Germany, why are we letting them be in one here?

9 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Just seems like a completely avoidable risk to me mate.

If for their own safety and the safety of others they're not allowed to be in a group of more than 1000 in Germany, why are we letting them be in one here?

It depends on what risks are acceptable rather than avoidable.

I’m certainly not in the “it’s only a flu” camp, but there’s only 1 case of Coronavirus in Leverkusen itself for example, while there are 3 in Glasgow.

I’m reasonably relaxed about tomorrow, despite worrying/being alarmed about the whole Coronavirus thing in general. Their fans all likely work for Bayer anyway so hopefully they are all bathing themselves in high duty pesticides or something.

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The boats well and truly sailed and a few hundred Germans, who statistically (I guess around) 1/17 of a person travelling would have it, aren’t going to make much of a difference.

So why are they being stopped from going to their own ground ??

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

It depends on what risks are acceptable rather than avoidable.

I’m certainly not in the “it’s only a flu” camp, but there’s only 1 case of Coronavirus in Leverkusen itself for example, while there are 3 in Glasgow.

I’m reasonably relaxed about tomorrow, despite worrying about the whole thing in general. Their fans all likely work for Bayer anyway so hopefully they are all bathing themselves in high duty pesticides or something.

If it's unsafe enough that next week's game in Germany is behind closed doors we should be doing something instead of nothing with them coming here.

Don't understand why you're taking this position on it. Fuck them.

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

If it's unsafe enough that next week's game in Germany is behind closed doors we should be doing something instead of nothing with them coming here.

SFA and SNP probably doing everything in their power to get the Leverkusen fans into Ibrox

58 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Because the math says that I’m at as much risk in Glasgow and that, say, 1000 odd Germans coming in (which is at the limit, but still in the limit, of the supposed NRW ‘safe’ number for events) only pushes the needle an infinitesimal point higher in risk.

If you are worried that events in other places are being closed then you should be supporting all events being shut down in Scotland and you shouldn’t attend Ibrox tomorrow night because we are past the threshold that other countries have kicked in at.

If I’m being perfectly honest, if I could, I would move to Germany tomorrow, despite the numbers, to ride this out because they have double the critical care beds than the UK does per head of population and over three times as many in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I’m being perfectly honest, if I could, I would move to Germany tomorrow, despite the numbers, to ride this out because they have double the critical care beds than the UK does per head of population and over three times as many in Scotland.

You sound a bit like you're resigned to getting the virus and are thinking about how you'll deal with it. I'm determined not to get it in the first place.

Archived