The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Sometimes you've gotta do what you think is best for yourself. I don't get the well they told us to play so that's what we do shit

Spot on. First player (first team player) to be self quarantined or confirmed positive then that effectively is the beginning of the end for this season I believe. The main team(s) I see looking to dispute of work against this are obviously celtic and Dundee Utd but I think there is now an inevitability of the season winding up early so why prolong this, potentially endangering more of the population...

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

BBC reporting that UEFA have scheduled a meeting for Tuesday.

'The governing body says all domestic leagues, the Champions League, Europa League and Euro 2020 will be up for discussion.'

I would imagine the domestic leagues topic would be about qualification for next seasons UEFA. tournament’s 

With Qualifiers starting in June they will need teams to have qualified ,Would be a nightmare say SPFL suspended and restarted late May ,the team in 4th place would get a Europa place but may end up 5th 

To stop that UEFA could just bring the curtain down on all Europe and allocate their spaces as they stand now 

The tims can't moan about Europe as they are not in it😆. But they will moan like stuck pigs to get awarded the league; Rangers should do all in their power to be as akward as possible and try and deny them the league title.

12 minutes ago, ZZed said:

The tims can't moan about Europe as they are not in it😆. But they will moan like stuck pigs to get awarded the league; Rangers should do all in their power to be as akward as possible and try and deny them the league title.

That guy has already been on tv suggesting that forces are rallying to try and deny celtic their title win. Sporting integrity when it suits them.

While it remains mathematically possible to catch them, there are no grounds what so ever to give them the title in the event of fixtures being unable to be completed.

They can whine all they like but that's just the way it has to be. At the other end of the table there can be no relegation.

10 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

talkshite sayin Leicester players showing symptoms now

Ha ha Brendon Rodgers in attention seeking shocker 

Typical tarrier behaviour 🤣

🚑🏃‍♂️

Brendan Rodgers says a few players have been showing symptoms and have been kept away from the squad.  

36 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We will definitely roll over on this.

Has the players union given a statement yet?

Nobody seems to have asked the players if they are they happy to risk these fixtures. Once someone has caught the COVID-19 virus it may take between two and 14 days, or even longer, for them to show any symptoms – but they may still be contagious during this time.

In meetings all week on Covid-19 - sobering to hear the UK response being described as 'naive and unprepared'. Also hearing the situation in the UK  described as only being at the beginning of the beginning of the outbreak (by a senior UN epidemiologist), and also that public, and to some extent Govt perception in the UK is that we are in the middle of something, not right at the beginning.

From what I heard, though the briefing I was in wasn't about sport, within  the next 10-14 days in the UK, they will not only suspend all large scale public events but even things like playing behind closed doors will not be allowed due to the safety of players and those who would be around that type of event 

Fun highlights from the briefing I was in:

Transmission rates double every four days if left unchecked - which is why you get a small number of cases and then without aggressive intervention (shutting everything down) there's a progressive scaling up (first few weeks it goes 1-2-4-8-16 etc, but when that scaling hits 1,000, to 2,000 to 4,000 etc is when you get the China/Italy scenarios).

Virus can survive for four to five days on a non permeable surface - like glass, work surfaces, doorhandles etc so don't be licking your phone or the windaes!!  

Airborne transmission is from breath, not necessarily coughing or sneezing, and the paper masks people are wearing have almost no protection for any wearer trying to avoid it - but are good if you have the symptoms as it limits you spreading to others

Many people (carriers) are asymptomatic- i.e. they have no symptoms but they are still highly contagious.

Respirators are very limited for a major outbreak and ICU facilities are not set up for this kind of epidemic (heard directly from a Dr in northern Italy - was not a pretty picture!!)

Only plus point they gave was that it is basically an aggressive flu - and for younger healthier people they should be able to deal with symptoms, but not great for older people, smokers, those with underlying health conditions

Having been in these briefings and listened to people coming back from Govt and UN meetings I'm now genuinely surprised the game is even on tonight, though despite having the crap scared out of me, admittedly with lots of worst case scenario stuff, I did come back up from London and will be going tonight (which probably sort of confirms the naivety comments about the public in the UK 😁).  

SFA might try to squeeze in Sunday, but after that, I have a feeling they might be forced to call it for the season, especially if the Italians do it this week which I heard from a Roma season ticket holder 

Sorry if all that sounds exaggerated or alarmist but thought it worth sharing - now please go wash your hands!!  🤑

To those advocating the idea of handing over the title to the filth because they’re ahead at the moment, I would point out that there is a scenario, however unlikely, where Rangers could end up FOURTEEN points AHEAD of them. Even defeat on Sunday would leave a Rangers title by eight points as a possibility, albeit remote.

If someone had predicted Liverpool’s recent results, they’d have been certified. Anything is possible and you can’t award titles on “probably”

To just roll over and allow their coronation is simply a non-starter.

30 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Hope so. I’m top of the boys fantasy league and will be claiming the victory 😂😂

Here you if the scum aren't getting a title neither are you. Sporting integrity an ah that

Archived