The league must be voided

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If they decide to end the season as is, then no titles should be recorded, they can be recorded as league leaders at the time of cancellation and given the CL spot but not declared champions.

How they handle the likes of Hearts I’ve no idea.

The Hearts situation is the one thatll be worrying them, if it wasn't for that they would probably go for the "as is " option without hesitation.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

For the last time, it is out of the SPFL hands. UEFA will decide! Unless the SPFL are clairvoyant and already know the outcome of Tuesday mornings meeting. 

They wont. It'll almost certainly be left to domestic associations.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

The Hearts situation is the one thatll be worrying them, if it wasn't for that they would probably go for the "as is " option without hesitation.

Its not. It's partick/qots. If standings are frozen Hearts are relegated. There's no real worry there.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yep. A FIFA sanctioned league which has ended its season early and awarded the trophies. and only just within the last few months. Certainly not a 'precedent' but this idea that giving titles out just to appease celtic because 'corruption' is fucking wild.

Chile done it, the PL are expected to do the same. Nobody suggests corruption.

Happens here and you've got cunts saying they'll be done with fitba etc.

What the fuck has chile got to do with it?  Riots and civil unrest compared to a virus what utter pish. If you are that keen on giving your scum pals the trophy then as happened in 2008 make the cunts play all outstanding league and cup games in a week,sporting integrity must prevail.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For the last time, it is out of the SPFL hands. UEFA will decide! Unless the SPFL are clairvoyant and already know the outcome of Tuesday mornings meeting. 

Uefa will instruct the spfl to award the title to the taigs, bet your life on it.

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

What the fuck has chile got to do with it?  Riots and civil unrest compared to a virus what utter pish. If you are that keen on giving your scum pals the trophy then as happened in 2008 make the cunts play all outstanding league and cup games in a week,sporting integrity must prevail.

What happened to their league season? 

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

Uefa will instruct the spfl to award the title to the taigs, bet your life on it.

They have previous by the looks of it. Was reading about the fall of Yugoslavia and how they ended the season early and awarded the titles.

I was wrong with my interpretation of C14 but C38 seems to allow the board to end the season if they want. 

C14 will oblige the clubs to fulfill the fixtures but is there an obligation for the SPFL to ensure there is 38 games? 

A:

The basic premise is accepting rule c13 that clubs shall play 38 games is the core point. Work from that. The Champions club shall be the one with the most points at the end of the season. The season is the period between the dates of first ( game one) and last (game 38) with the Board having discretion to alter these dates.

B:

The definition of season is the core point. Interpretation is that season is the period between first and last game, with the Board having the discretion to change these. The Champions club are the one with most points at the end of the season( whatever number of games)  This in turn leaves a ruling that 38 games shall be played in a season, a season being a period between first and last ( between one and 38). 

For me B has a clear contradiction and renders a rule meaningless. A makes logical sense throughout.

Folk can decide which they believe the interpretations, definitions and rules mean, but theres no getting away from a significant flaw in believing option B is the one the rules provide.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, it wasn't clear which one you were talking about.

The second part is what's been reported by various media.

Never said once that it's clear cut and have said countless times that the SPFL's position will be open to challenge. The folk I've spoken to don't think it would have any success so I'm content to accept that. They're better placed to know than I am, and in the absence of knowing who is behind any of the pseudonyms on here, I give what they've told me more weight.

That’s all we’ll and good but the shite you’ve been told is from a tarrier point of view wether you believe it or not imo, so I’m not having the shite you’ve been told and far from accepting it, if our board do then we will have to accept it but if they do that I’m done with Scottish football.

It’s already nothing but a corrupt, part time, faked up, shower of fenian bastards making an arse of an attempt at running our game now anyway

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

They have previous by the looks of it. Was reading about the fall of Yugoslavia and how they ended the season early and awarded the titles.

I was wrong with my interpretation of C14 but C38 seems to allow the board to end the season if they want. 

C14 will oblige the clubs to fulfill the fixtures but is there an obligation for the SPFL to ensure there is 38 games? 

The Premiership
C13 The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

Yes thankfully there is a description of what one season consists of and it is 38 league matches.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not cherry picking but probably not seeing them all. I'm getting a few notifications as five or six different folk all argue with me, and I'm working so easy to lose track. Still waiting for this mythical edited post though.

Two posts were posted close to each other. The second one contained less content than the first and was the one I seen that I wrongly believed youd edited. It wasnt, it was the first one.

Wasnt aware you were still waiting for it, should I go back to see the post you asked for clarification.

Apologies for any distress caused, I'll put my hands up to my efforts as you did with your misunderstanding of the term that incorporated disregarding games. You got that wrong and said so, so well done.

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

That’s all we’ll and good but the shite you’ve been told is from a tarrier point of view wether you believe it or not imo, so I’m not having the shite you’ve been told and far from accepting it, if our board do then we will have to accept it but if they do that I’m done with Scottish football.

It’s already nothing but a corrupt, part time, faked up, shower of fenian bastards making an arse of an attempt at running our game now anyway

Aye, 'tarriers' with season books at Ibrox. 

Its amazing the assumption that anything which goes against the grain mustve come from them. The way folk talk, they must out numbers Rangers fans by 10 to 1. Is there anything they don't run? 

For once this is not just about cellic gaining a title. 

Every club will be affected by this for better or worse  from the top to the bottom. 

There are still clubs playing for promotions and relegations, European places, even just for the position cash at end of season. 

And the points and goal differences on those are marginal, and there is no argument against the fact that if the leagues continue then the positions will change.

Just imagine if the league had been postponed 4 games before Helicopter Sunday when we only had a slim chance of winning it. Would obviously have been a travesty. 

Or worse teams, within close points of each other being held back, or worse, what happens to teams with games in hand, or have played more than others, how do you work that one out fairly ?

Would you automatically assume a far better cellic team, form wise and strength wise would always win an away game against much more lowly Livingston, or that bottom of the league Hearts and Hamilton would beat second top Rangers ?

A nightmare solution with no correct answer as to final positions.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The Premiership
C13 The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

Yes thankfully there is a description of what one season consists of and it is 38 league matches.

Thats not the definition of Season as provided by the SPFL. 

Thats the format for the Premiership. Two different things. 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Ok where is there definition?

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

Just now, wotmeworry said:

Thoght i'd come in here away from the  SFA and coronavirus topic

but i see The Dude hasa infested this too 🥵

So you came into a thread about the league being potentially voided because of coronavirus?

That was fucking stupid.

11 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

UEFA have a responsibility to all their members not just our corrupt league. They will either leave it up to the individual leagues to decide or implement a blanket policy that all members must adhere to. In my opinion, Tuesday comes too early to make that decision because it is still  to be determined if seasons are still salvageable or not (I don't think they will be saved). A decision may be made regarding CL & EL but I doubt anything will be determined re domestic. That's my tuppence worth on the matter for the day.

The Chilean season was ended early and a vote was taken to declare Universidad Cattolica champions.

There was no rule to allow it.

It was the clubs that voted.

There might be repercussions of that decision as Santiago Wanderers were denied promotion as relegation from the top flight and promotion to it were denied.

There was no ruling only a vote.

That is crazy as you are allowing things to be made up on the spot and people with a vested interest to dictate.

Totally unfair process. 

Decisions have to be evenly balanced or it’s fucked.

Archived