The league must be voided

38 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Let me ask you this, if they decided to give the tarriers the title but refused to relegate anybody do you think that’s fair and we should just accept it? Cos that’s what’s likely to happen  imo, instead of doing it how they would in other non corrupt fair leagues by having no champions or relegation we will see a bit of half and half to appease the fenians, champions declared but relegation scrapped

This is true. If Benefits are awarded to first then penalties should be given to last. If it ends as it stands it needs to work across the board.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The Chilean season was ended early and a vote was taken to declare Universidad Cattolica champions.

There was no rule to allow it.

It was the clubs that voted.

There might be repercussions of that decision as Santiago Wanderers were denied promotion as relegation from the top flight and promotion to it were denied.

There was no ruling only a vote.

That is crazy as you are allowing things to be made up on the spot and people with a vested interest to dictate.

Totally unfair process. 

Decisions have to be evenly balanced or it’s fucked.

Obvious taig like bias.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A journalist close to Hearts saying that they’re preparing legal action in event of being declared relegated.

I’d hope Rangers are working behind scenes too.

Building bridges. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

A journalist close to Hearts saying that they’re preparing legal action in event of being declared relegated.

I’d hope Rangers are working behind scenes too.

We'd be mad if we're not lobbying other clubs. Aberdeen would lose out too

Trying to get my head round this. Our SFA / Spfl award that mob the title and relegate Hearts.

Hearts challenge the ruling and they are told no that’s what is happening. They then take it to an independent court and win. What would happen then do the SFA /spfl ignore the judgement and batter on regardless or make up a new rule as they are quite prone to doing to enforce their judgment. 

Seems  to me there would be two clubs happy with positional awardment the micks and D,Utd. (As I noted The lurgan bigot was quick to include the Arabs in his presser the other day )

Therefore it is time all other clubs stood together to make sure the cabal that currently run our game are brought down and a totally new one bodied Scottish Football Association is formed  with an elected board voted by all clubs with one vote for selected candidates put forward.  

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The Chilean season was ended early and a vote was taken to declare Universidad Cattolica champions.

There was no rule to allow it.

It was the clubs that voted.

There might be repercussions of that decision as Santiago Wanderers were denied promotion as relegation from the top flight and promotion to it were denied.

There was no ruling only a vote.

That is crazy as you are allowing things to be made up on the spot and people with a vested interest to dictate.

Totally unfair process. 

Decisions have to be evenly balanced or it’s fucked.

It's quite a tale, I've highlighted several interesting points...

Did anyone win the league?

At the time of the cancellation 12 of the 16 teams in the league had played 24 games with the other four on 25.

Universidad Catolica were awarded the league title. The Santiago team were leading the league by 13 points, ahead of rivals Colo Colo, with 18 points to play for.

As per the BBC, the team’s opponents agreed to Los Cruzados being handed the 14th league title of their history. Curiously, Catolica’s president Juan Tagle voted against ending the season early.

What about relegation and promotion?

It was agreed that there would be no teams dropping out the league and no teams coming up from the second tier.

According to ESPN, a proposal to see the first and second tiers merge was rejected.

The decision to have no relegation or promotion was significant. It meant that one of the country’s biggest club Universidad de Chile escaped the threat of the drop. They sat 15th, one point off the bottom of the table.

Meanwhile, Santiago Wanderers from Valparaiso were denied the chance to return to the top-flight despite holding a three-point lead in the second tier with three games left.

What was said:

Universidad Catolica president Tagle told the club's website: "It's not the way we would have wanted to win the title but I hope everyone recognises that we are the legitimate champions. The gap that we had was the biggest ever taken by a team in long tournaments were three points were awarded per game. There is a bittersweet feeling. Without a doubt it's a sad day for Chilean football to have had to end the tournament like this.”

Santiago Wanderers released a statement which read: “As an institution, we feel deeply disadvantaged with the decision of the ANFP and the Council of Presidents, so we reserve the right to go to the sports justice agencies that are necessary so that what we have achieved on the field is respected.

“The difference in criteria on the part of the Council of Presidents and the Chilean National Football Association seems serious and scandalous, as they did respect the merits of the top division leader, in addition to the teams that will play international cups given their respective positions in the table, criteria that was not used with Santiago Wanderers, being the club that saw its legitimate sports interests harmed the most.”

What happened next?

The ANFP approved an increase to the top flight, which saw the number of teams go from 16 to 18 with Santiago Wanderers and Deportes La Serena being promoted.

La Serena won a promotion play-off which took place in January.

Also I’m sure I read somewhere years ago and if anyone has knowledge of this they could back it up or tell me I’m wrong.

If a member club takes it’s FA to court then the FAs national team and its member clubs will be banned from entering UEFA and/or FIFA sanctioned tournaments throughout the duration of the court cases.

Anyone else know anything?

Im extremely sure that is the way it goes.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

Exactly the date of the last league game, granted they can determine a change of date but this doesn’t exclude rule c13 if they’re was an exclusion it would be highlighted at c13.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Also I’m sure I read somewhere years ago and if anyone has knowledge of this they could back it up or tell me I’m wrong.

If a member club takes it’s FA to court then the FAs national team and its member clubs will be banned from entering UEFA and/or FIFA sanctioned tournaments throughout the duration of the court cases.

Anyone else know anything?

Im extremely sure that is the way it goes.

Can, not will. We weren't banned for taking the SFA to court.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If the clubs were asked to vote (which I think they will) then most would give the title to the scum. 

the board should be starting to build their legal arguments now. 

Think clubs would again take the lead from their fans as they did with us in 2008? Nah me neither.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If the clubs were asked to vote (which I think they will) then most would give the title to the scum. 

the board should be starting to build their legal arguments now. 

Not sure about that, if the league was voided then I presume all of the prize money would be split evenly down the leagues. Literally a lifeline for many clubs in the circumstance. However in these bizarre times who knows?...

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Exactly the date of the last league game, granted they can determine a change of date but this doesn’t exclude rule c13 if they’re was an exclusion it would be highlighted at c13.

"or otherwise determined as the board"

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

"or otherwise determined as the board"

Just an observation, but seems you've been glued to this forum for two days straight posting incessantly about how it's acceptable for the league to be ended early and celtic crowned champions. Why?

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Just an observation, but seems you've been glued to this forum for two days straight posting incessantly about how it's acceptable for the league to be ended early and celtic crowned champions. Why?

Why what? Have I been posting on here?

I've posted on here since 2012.

I've largely been replying to people who have been quoting me.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why what? Have I been posting on here?

I've posted on here since 2012.

I've largely been replying to people who have been quoting me.

Just wondering why you've made what feels like hundreds of posts about it. Have you stopped to eat/drink/sleep/shit?

Are you self isolating and bored out your tits?

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

So given the Chilean scenario Rangers and Dundee United would be punished and cellic and Hearts awarded. 

Makes you wonder how they can possibly go down that road. 

Tell one team they can win their league while telling another they can’t. 

Utter madness.

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

Within the premise of a 38 game season.

So date to start and date to end or different dates to those as determined by the Board but not including the preseason.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

In reference to a date, it doesn’t have any significance to the number of games. Granted they can extend the season if they do wish but all 38 games must be played.

Again, that depends on your reading of it. The SPFL seem content that it allows them to end the season and tbh, I agree with it. There's no reference to the number of games in the league's definition of Season.

If it doesn't allow them to end the season, there's no mechanism which means it can be voided.

Archived