The league must be voided

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I posted earlier what I think they'll do based on various media reports, speaking to various people and my own opinion. Never once claimed that's what they are definitively doing or that I know UEFA's position on domestic competitions.

What did ye say mate missed that post.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's work on the basis here that the remaining games will not be rescheduled - which is the current position the SPFL are taking.

C13 is now unenforceable as there is no way the clubs will play the 38 games. Agreed?

"The remaining rules which shall continue in full force and effect."

So now it's on to C38 and how the final rankings and Champion Clubs are determined.  The Champion Club has most points at the end of the Season (this is where the league's definition of Season comes in and the 'or otherwise determined' phrase).

There's no way the season can end on the date of the final league game as it will never take place so the SPFL will determine, let's say Tuesday, as the final day of the Season.

celtic will have the most points (or be in first or whatever the specific wording is in C38 (on my phone so can't c&p it)) at the end of the Season and Hearts will have the fewest, and so on down all four divisions.

So what's the 'right thing to do' regarding promotion based on the pay-off positions?  Do Hamilton automatically stay up and deny ICT, Ayr and Dundee the chance to win a play-off? 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's work on the basis here that the remaining games will not be rescheduled - which is the current position the SPFL are taking.

C13 is now unenforceable as there is no way the clubs will play the 38 games. Agreed?

"The remaining rules which shall continue in full force and effect."

So now it's on to C38 and how the final rankings and Champion Clubs are determined.  The Champion Club has most points at the end of the Season (this is where the league's definition of Season comes in and the 'or otherwise determined' phrase).

There's no way the season can end on the date of the final league game as it will never take place so the SPFL will determine, let's say Tuesday, as the final day of the Season.

celtic will have the most points (or be in first or whatever the specific wording is in C38 (on my phone so can't c&p it)) at the end of the Season and Hearts will have the fewest, and so on down all four divisions.

I said this yesterday and you disagreed with it!

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

What did ye say mate missed that post.

Basically, I think they'll suspend their own competitions for the season. and declare them void. Domestic FAs and leagues who run on the traditional calendar will be given a deadline to resolve any outstanding competitions (July 31st would be my guess) and qualifying for next season's EL & CL will be modified in some way to basically rush it through. and try to get back on track with the 'traditional' UEFA dates asap. Maybe return a little bit earlier after Xmas 2020 and play games in January.

If leagues can't get games played to a satisfactory conclusion by July 31st, the domestic bodies will be told to enforce their relevant rulebook. If challenges are raised, I reckon UEFA will have a special arbitration board set up to deal with them and try to keep issues out of civil courts.

The Euros will be delayed 12 months.

Leagues who run on the Jan-Dec calendar will most likely be told similar - although it may be easier to reschedule for them depending on when their actual league runs from/to.

4 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

So what's the 'right thing to do' regarding promotion based on the pay-off positions?  Do Hamilton automatically stay up and deny ICT, Ayr and Dundee the chance to win a play-off? 

They'll likely be scrapped.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I said this yesterday and you disagreed with it!

Wait? Did you? If you did, then I genuinely apologise because it's spot on and it's been how I've interpreted it all along. It probably hasn't been helped by trying to discuss it with however many folk at a time. But aye, if you said this then it's bang on the money.

19 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

I haven't read any post on this thread, but Alex Rae had a point in that if a horse race can't be completed then the bookies won't pay out, 

A better analogy is if a game of football is abandoned without playing 90 mins, the game is null and void and is replayed.  Same should be applied to the league, as per the rules (38 games should be played).

6 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

I haven't read any post on this thread, but Alex Rae had a point in that if a horse race can't be completed then the bookies won't pay out, 

That depends on the rules of the race.

If it happens in F1 it depends on the distance covered. If the race goes over 75%. It counts.

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Couple of days ago was the last time I was on. Certainly not the most i've posted on here since you joined in 2013. You must've missed the many blog or podcast threads. Almost certain the MOH/no show one will have been another one.

It's not the SPFL directly who have told me but people at clubs and someone independent of it all has agreed that interpretation is the correct one. There's now been another lawyer quoted saying the same.

As I've said time and again, I couldn't particularly care less if they get the title this season. I do think it would be unfair on more clubs down the ladder to void the season.

Having had a look at the rules, I've not seen anything in them that convinces me more than the 'expert' (for want of a better word) opinion I've heard from someone I trust implicitly.

you do not care that celtic get handed a 9th trophy in a row without actually winning it.

you talk round a lot of circles and some things you say are very good to read and impart us with some knowledge.

but i aint never heard a Rangers fan say they dont care about losing a title, never mind handing celtic a 9th in a row.

please be a real Rangers fan and retract that sentence. or why dont you go sit with the scum on their forums, im not saying your a celtic fan

maybe reccomending you pend time with them, maybe you find out you have been supporting the wrong team all along.

you clearly care for others more than you do Rangers.

56 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I don’t know when you last posted on here before this virus thread but I do know it’s the most you’ve posted on here in all my time on this forum and it’s exclusively you defending the right of the scum to be crowned champions. Even if I believed they deserved to be champions I would argue to until the cows come home that it didn’t happen. You are obviously not stupid so should you not be better off looking at laws to stop these cunts being crowned champions rather than agreeing with everything that a tarrier controlled football organization tells you?  Your podcast pissed me off but I now think you’re either at the cunt or are the worst type off Uncle Tom.

Post of the day 

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As I've said time and again, I couldn't particularly care less if they get the title this season. I do think it would be unfair on more clubs down the ladder to void the season. 

Please explain your rationale for this.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

you do not care that celtic get handed a 9th trophy in a row without actually winning it.

you talk round a lot of circles and some things you say are very good to read and impart us with some knowledge.

but i aint never heard a Rangers fan say they dont care about losing a title, never mind handing celtic a 9th in a row.

please be a real Rangers fan and retract that sentence. or why dont you go sit with the scum on their forums, im not saying your a celtic fan

maybe reccomending you pend time with them, maybe you find out you have been supporting the wrong team all along.

See this 'real Rangers fan' bollocks. It's just a lazy trope which doesn't really mean anything.

It's a title they were looking set to win anyway and now it has a big asterisk.

The league almost certainly won't get voided so I'm not got to get myself all excited for the possibility of it only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

'Caring for Rangers' doesn't mean disagreeing with information I don't like in the face of all the evidence. That's just mental.

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I posted earlier what I think they'll do based on various media reports, speaking to various people and my own opinion. Never once claimed that's what they are definitively doing or that I know UEFA's position on domestic competitions.

So what’s your opinion on going by the league standings based on everyone playing each other once home and away?

Hopefully the games aren’t rescheduled, let’s be honest we’ve no chance of winning it, them getting it by default takes the shine of it & fucks the chances of another treble, the Scottish cup will defo be declared void/no winner

3 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Mate if its rules then it's rules

My own opinion is the league must be null and void because I don't see how someone can be given without earning it. 

But let's be serious if hearts can be brought onside by the spfl they will give the scum the title. 

We have no friends in the SPFL 2012 showed that

Just now, James Rolle said:

Please explain your rationale for this.

Clubs like Raith Rovers are within a handful of games of promotion back to the Championship, Cove Rangers are closing in on their first ever senior league title. Partick and Inverness have a cup final to play.

Teams who looked almost certain to be relegated (Stranraer) will now be spared relegation and get an extra year's money in a higher division.

Motherwell would miss out on Europe with Kilmarnock taking their place.

Clubs would lose out on prize money they should have earned this season.

1 minute ago, ST8RK said:

The papers seem to be fairly certain that a null and void season is not an option. It's almost like they have a preconceived agenda

Yes that prick Mike Mulraney (SFA VP) was live on radio on friday saying the scrapping of the league was incredible unlikely 

Archived