The league must be voided

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You are.

You think that Partick Thistle should get a chance to avoid relegation, even though based on games played they are clearly bottom of the league.

Partick have played a game less, if they win it qots would be bottom 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

June seems to be a very optimistic prediction just now.

I was just throwing a date out there so you could at least settle who gets in Europe next season. You know what though, football really doesn't matter a fuck in the grand scheme of things, it should only resume when safe to do so.

Just now, The Dude said:

The SPFL think differently.

I’m asking your opinion and from what I’ve known about you over the years I  find it hard to believe you could think a team that hasn’t won the league should be awarded the title, never mind what the SPFL think.

9 minutes ago, MisterC said:

If it comes to it, settle league places by having a double header between teams next to them in the current standings so you would have  1st v 2nd, 3rd v 4th etc. That's assuming that football can resume in June. It's such a fluid situation its impossible to see how all of this is going to pan out.

We should just have an eSports tournament of FIFA. 

I’d submit that Ryan Kent be our PS4 champion. celtic’s Bertie Auld.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

@The Dude been catching up on this thread , took me a while tbh. Lots of going round in circles and is getting boring. What caught my attention though is that you, like a few others on here, seem to think you are better than many on here.

Where do get off on being so arrogant? 

That attitude and him admitting it is why I ignored him on this.

I would never say he can’t have an opinion whether I like it or not but that attitude fucking stinks. 

Just now, MisterC said:

I was just throwing a date out there so you could at least settle who gets in Europe next season. You know what though, football really doesn't matter a fuck in the grand scheme of things, it should only resume when safe to do so.

Totally agree. As bad as this is going to get for clubs financially, they need to just wait it out and come back when its suitable. Especially in Scotland where we have a huge chunk of people travelling across the country to games every week.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Partick have played a game less, if they win it qots would be bottom 

If the season is ended Thistle don’t play that game and finish bottom. I think that’s the point being made.

You can’t say the season is over then allow other games to be played, not you personally, others saying it.

Thats why it would be unfair on Partick Thistle 👍

29 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

If the league can’t be finished do you think the correct decision is to hand it to celtic despite the fact they can get caught Dude?

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If they end the Season after the games already played, I think keeping the standings is right.

I was just asking because your answer avoided the words "be, should, point crowned, At, celtic this, in, time, champions,, deserve, cos, it, they" 

that's all 

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

@The Dude been catching up on this thread , took me a while tbh. Lots of going round in circles and is getting boring. What caught my attention though is that you, like a few others on here, seem to think you are better than many on here.

Where do get off on being so arrogant? 

Nah far from it. If folk are civil to me, I'm just as civil back. If folk want to start with the taig, cunt, fenian stuff then they can't really moan if I'm a bit patronising or condescending back.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Totally agree. As bad as this is going to get for clubs financially, they need to just wait it out and come back when its suitable. Especially in Scotland where we have a huge chunk of people travelling across the country to games every week.

Exactly and as we dont know when that will be, it will become inevitable that the league is declared null and void. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I was just asking because your answer avoided the words "be, should, point crowned, At, celtic this, in, time, champions,, deserve, cos, it, they" 

that's all 

Because, say, not, meant, what, I, that's.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If the SPFL declare season has  ended then shouldn’t they be responsible for repayment of ST’s , surely they’re denying fans a full seasons games.

Especially as the season was won against the premise of the competition your season ticket was sold on. 

You would be entitled to a refund and it would be the league bodies job to pay it as they would be responsible for the decision.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the season is ended Thistle don’t play that game and finish bottom. I think that’s the point being made.

You can’t say the season is over then allow other games to be played, not you personally, others saying it.

Thats why it would be unfair on Partick Thistle 👍

I think the point is that no football will take place for the remainder so effectively they would be relegating a team that by playing a game less could still mathematically get to 2nd bottom,  the financial ramifications for thistle could be catastrophic which could force them part-time or worse case scenario put them out the game.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Exactly and as we dont know when that will be, it will become inevitable that the league is declared null and void. 

Or...see above. 😂

Reports seem to suggest UEFA are going to recommend leagues that are permanently suspended freeze their standing and regard them as final too.

There's probably more chance of the football being back before there's an outcome on this though.

Archived