The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nah far from it. If folk are civil to me, I'm just as civil back. If folk want to start with the taig, cunt, fenian stuff then they can't really moan if I'm a bit patronising or condescending back.

It doesn't come across like that mate, we all get dogs abuse at times, as a mod I should know. Go easy with it please.

Others need to reign in the personal abuse as well. 

Just now, dummiesoot said:

It doesn't come across like that mate, we all get dogs abuse at times, as a mod I should know. Go easy with it please.

Others need to reign in the personal abuse as well. 

I go very easy with it. A couple cheeky put down is pretty tame.

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tell us about the phone call then. 

Delayed until AM after an emergency board meeting. I've named who it is to MM, and once it's published then I don't mind if he names the name. Infact, I'll PM one of the mods who it is too and they can do the same once it's published.

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The league season ends when all the games agreed at the start of the season are completed.      

The SPFL think differently.

If they do think differently, they are clinging to the hope that this ‘season definition’ gives them flexibility to end the season before 38 games have been completed. 

"Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season."

This rule simply allows the board to determine if the season has to end in the same season or not. However, rule C14 clearly enforces that teams will be entitled to 38 games in the season. 

The clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 league matches in any one season."

The  season definition cannot supersede this rule as it relates only to the ‘period of the year’ as to when the season ends - and only that can ‘‘otherwise be determined by the board’.   In order to have the flexibility to end the season and hand out honors after playing less than 38 games, there would have needed to be a part in rule C14 that included  “or otherwise as determined by the board’ as per the season definition rule. 

The SPFL do not have a leg to stand on if they think they can end the season now AND hand the title to celtic.  I’m not a lawyer but it’s a clear as day to me. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Delayed until AM after an emergency board meeting. I've named who it is to MM, and once it's published then I don't mind if he names the name. Infact, I'll PM one of the mods who it is too and they can do the same once it's published.

Please do

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Emergency board meeting by who? 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The club he is a director of.

For the record, @The Dude is being honest here.

I dont agree with the conclusion that he is coming to, I dont think we ever will to be honest, but he is not bullshitting.

He isnt hiding anything, its just not right to name any names prior to his call and publishing his piece.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You were just who was getting it.

Thank you. In the meantime mate, please take a break from this thread, you've been in it since first thing this morning and it's just going round in circles. Your indefatigability has to be admired but even east kilbride has less circles than this thread, and you surely must have better things to do than debating on here all day and evening. 

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Fuck um

But it shows that Null and  Void  won’t be an option unfortunately, Association’s will get their arses sued from every direction 

Great statement but I think we should leave it there for now our agenda is correct and clear. The taigs wont get their way without a fight.

This seems worse than possibly imagined, football is on the back burner now big time.

Archived