How does this virus affect your personal circumstances atm and going forward?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I have just returned from Italy (skiing)"

We’ve just had a decorator in to do some work. I got chatting to him and it turns out he is a British Airways pilot who’s been furloughed and earning a bit of extra cash. He made a lovely job of

I really wish these ‘itk’ social media heroes who are posting about ice rinks and refrigerated units for dead bodies, gym halls for wards, people dying in agony, seeing the army in parks and tanks tra

Posted Images

On 06/05/2020 at 19:39, Jon-the-Stripe said:

Checked ta see if im entitled to Self-Empolyed grant, computer says no 🙁. But i'm sure i should be, so will try again on 12th when it actually launches.

I got a email saying I should apply between the 12th and 18th so fingers crossed it's that mate. 

1 minute ago, Finny said:

I got a email saying I should apply between the 12th and 18th so fingers crossed it's that mate. 

Excellent. I was on the phone to HMRC today for two hours got put through 6 departments and they sorted my issue, i have to say the system is crap but the operatives were all bloody brilliant. It turns out the eligibility page wouldnt recognise me on my laptop, however eventually one of them tried accessing it for me and it worked, he then told me to try it on my phone and all good - Weird!

But similar to you, they told me all good and apply online lunchtime the 15th. Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Just realised holiday on 21st July to Tenerife was due the day. Was gonny pay it and hope it goes ahead but theres a chance it goes ahead now but a cany take extra holidays for this 14 day quarantine. Obviously id lose the full amount which would be a fuck up

Reckon a should cancel it and just lose deposit?

Can’t seem to find any indication of when hospitals will go back to routine appointments, I tore my ACL months ago and still waiting for surgery - been limping for months and worried going to end up with permanent issues.

25 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Just realised holiday on 21st July to Tenerife was due the day. Was gonny pay it and hope it goes ahead but theres a chance it goes ahead now but a cany take extra holidays for this 14 day quarantine. Obviously id lose the full amount which would be a fuck up

Reckon a should cancel it and just lose deposit?

What about changing the dates to next year? Think it's usually around 50 quid per head. 

13 minutes ago, Jon-the-Stripe said:

I tried the first ten minutes, gonna have to try later its just inundated with traffic pal sadly.

Know a couple of folk that were waiting for bang on 8am this morning and got it done no problem. 
Can guarantee you no one is using the times they have been given and it’s all went Pete Tong. 😂

Jon-the-Stripe likes this
25 minutes ago, Sket said:

Did you get sorted? They never emailed or text me but I went on at 8am this morning and claim was sorted within 5 minutes.

Finally got in mate.
My time was from midday today a bit of patience waiting and it’s done no problem. 
Have to say by HMRC standards it’s been pretty well done. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Finally got in mate.
My time was from midday today a bit of patience waiting and it’s done no problem. 

Just checked the message they told me yesterday and it said only apply on Friday midday all the time :lol:

Courtyard Bear likes this
2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Finally got in mate.

Aye i was surprised how easy it was,expected it to be a bit of a shambles.

Courtyard Bear likes this