An Evening With Derek Parlane

All being well I have managed to get a couple of tickets for my mate and myself to attend a question and answer event where Derek Parlane is the main guest, Looking forward to it though it's not until April 25th so hopefully Corona Virus doesn't fuck it up, Just wondered if anybody seen him before at one of these events and if he is good value regards having some funny and amusing stories to tell.

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

All being well I have managed to get a couple of tickets for my mate and myself to attend a question and answer event where Derek Parlane is the main guest, Looking forward to it though it's not until April 25th so hopefully Corona Virus doesn't fuck it up, Just wondered if anybody seen him before at one of these events and if he is good value regards having some funny and amusing stories to tell.

i met him a couple of times as he is a friend of a friend in gairlochjead,was very sensible with a sense of humour,and very easy going way ,should be good night.

3 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Was rumoured to have had a fling with a Miss World, iirc.

I had the privilege of being on a night out in Glasgow with Derek Parlane around the year 2000....he was my girls boss back then working for Reebok....anyway they shut their Glasgow base and had a night out on the bevvy which I was privy too...a genuine nice guy who had time for everyone 👍

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

After last night's news from the government, one can safely say it wont be happening.

I fear you may well be right mate, Not sure how many tickets are being sold though I do know it’s not a massive venue so would imagine around the 100 mark, As much as I would be gutted if it’s cancelled it would be understandable given the current climate.

1 hour ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I fear you may well be right mate, Not sure how many tickets are being sold though I do know it’s not a massive venue so would imagine around the 100 mark, As much as I would be gutted if it’s cancelled it would be understandable given the current climate.

Most event organisers are cancelling gigs even if under 100, it's not worth their hassle. For this particular evening I'd have thought many of those attending will be the older fans amongst us, and they're likely to be under a 4 week isolation / curfew by then.

Dont go booking non refundable accommodation or travel is all I'd say mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived