Favorite non Rangers player.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football Italia was always on when I was younger - players from Serie A then were just outstanding and I thought there was more quality across the league than the Spanish league. 

There were a lot of absolute world class players - Vialli, Mancini, Schillachi, Boban, Maldini, Signori, Totti, Batistuta, Gullit, Van Basten etc. 

My favourite was always Roberto Baggio though. What a player he was and I always feel he's sort of forgotten about a bit in terms of some of the greatest players ever to play. 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

Football Italia was always on when I was younger - players from Serie A then were just outstanding and I thought there was more quality across the league than the Spanish league. 

There were a lot of absolute world class players - Vialli, Mancini, Schillachi, Boban, Maldini, Signori, Totti, Batistuta, Gullit, Van Basten etc. 

My favourite was always Roberto Baggio though. What a player he was and I always feel he's sort of forgotten about a bit in terms of some of the greatest players ever to play. 

Yet the English with no irony, with tell you even back then they had the best league in the world.

20 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Darko Pancev was a cracking player then, as well. Didn’t really do it for Inter, if I remember correctly, but some record at Red Star.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2020 at 17:08, DrLaudrup said:

Loved watching Football Italia. Batistuta was my favourite then I'd say Baggio. Some players 

Dmk8LnrXoAAFDN9.jpg

I’ll always love Zidane. The way he ended his career with the headbutt in the World Cup Final just added to his legend for me. As a footballer, just sublime. Head and shoulders above the rest of what was the greatest national team of its era.

I can’t bring myself to say that he wasn’t as good as Messi and Ronaldo, because in my head he was. 

I just love seeing goals scored which is why I believe we should have a much larger league ( another discussion). When the game is shite it’s great to see goals. Anyway with goals in mind one of my favourite players would be Gerd Mueller. Just unbelievable striker.

Archived