Underated Rangers Players

We talk alot about guys who were over rated or the jersey just hung a little too heavy on their shoulders, but here lets post the under rated players, who without being outstanding done their job efficiently and well for the Gers.

I will start with this this guy. Mr Consistent. Stuart Munro.

27b9bdc1d53628ad79abd55c08a19f39.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil McCann had his obvious moments of legend, but overall, he was an exceptional winger with a great delivery. A great player that we don’t talk about in quite the same way as others of his era.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf2310c012a1d03b54f41181cd4ab706.jpeg

For me Spackman was a vital cog in our team at the time, done the unglamorous stuff but more importantly was constantly communicating with the team, the ref & our opponents all with a view to winning the game.  

33 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

For me Spackman was a vital cog in our team at the time, done the unglamorous stuff but more importantly was constantly communicating with the team, the ref & our opponents all with a view to winning the game.  

100% correct. 

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Neil McCann had his obvious moments of legend, but overall, he was an exceptional winger with a great delivery. A great player that we don’t talk about in quite the same way as others of his era.

I’m not sure mate - for some reason over the years he always appears on these lists when I think most agree with your view point.  Whether I am right or wrong fwiw I totally agree with your assessment.  

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Don't think he's underrated at all really

In fact I think a lot of people credit him with being the last proper winger we have had 

40 minutes ago, markem said:

I’m not sure mate - for some reason over the years he always appears on these lists when I think most agree with your view point.  Whether I am right or wrong fwiw I totally agree with your assessment.  

Probably the likes of forums & social media have made him less underrated, but at the time, we didn’t know how good we had it with him for sure.

Haris Vuckic.  Could’ve played as a goal scoring inside forward for us on that RW for years.  Was having a great season in the Eredivisie before it was closed down.  I think he was on 9 goals, all from open play, operating primarily as a midfielder.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Haris Vuckic.  Could’ve played as a goal scoring inside forward for us on that RW for years.  Was having a great season in the Eredivisie before it was closed down.  I think he was on 9 goals, all from open play, operating primarily as a midfielder.

He was fucking rotten.

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Broadfoot did a not bad job for us. Aye the odd mistake but he doesn't get the credit he deserves although that may have something to do with his shithousery against us in recent seasons 

I think he's the only player in world football to take two foul throws in the same European final :lol:

Archived