Underated Rangers Players

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Naw mate not for me.

Hardly missed a game 8 & 9 in a row , Bears being bears though, he must be shite and slaughtered coz he’s was a low feel along with Gary bollan , cleland didn’t put a foot wrong , bar the tackle in Turin 😂

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Robbo was a Modern Style Fullback years before it became fashionable.

But he still knew his main purpose was to defend, take note current full backs.

He is one of my favourite all time Rangers Players.

His pace and commitment was 2nd to none. 

He acted like an inverted full-back which is now hugely popular in today’s game.  Ran inside the middle of the park and became an attacking midfielder.  Brilliant player.  Some unreal stuff he was doing before he left.

Anyone mentioned Ronnie McKinnon,  who played his part in our run to the ECWC before a horrific leg break and complications put an end to his career ?

Was the more assured centre half for Scotland at a time when Billy McNeil was equalling him for appearances in the national team

Glad to note that Dave Smith rates a mention from several bears.  My fave was probably Colin Jackson.  He gave such good service for a long time.  Apparently, when Jackson and Ronnie McKinnon were not in the Barca team, they had a good drink to drown their sorrows.

And I really should have mentioned Alex MacDonald before now. Quite simply he was my favourite Gers player ever. 

He played alongside many other great midfielders but was always the one who had the stamina, the tackling and passing ability, the engine of our midfield, played with a continuous passion and belief and commitment to the jersey, and always had the knack of scoring in big games. 

People correctly raving about Paul Scholes on here the now, but in my opinion MacDonald was the same kind of influential midfielder, helping us to trebles and European football success. 

Some of the stuff he was involved in with the likes of Cooper, Johnstone, McLean and Russell was amazing.

Says it all about historical Scottish football and attitude, and a travesty, that he only got one cap for Scotland.   

4 hours ago, tannerall said:

I still rate Nicky Law as the best player we had in the lower divisions.  And Wallace second.

Controversial maybe, but who the fuck actually did better ?

Edit:  Lee McCulloch not an option for me.

Dean Sheils was a great player for us in the lower leagues. Certainly my favourite of that era 

18 minutes ago, tannerall said:

And I really should have mentioned Alex MacDonald before now. Quite simply he was my favourite Gers player ever. 

He played alongside many other great midfielders but was always the one who had the stamina, the tackling and passing ability, the engine of our midfield, played with a continuous passion and belief and commitment to the jersey, and always had the knack of scoring in big games. 

People correctly raving about Paul Scholes on here the now, but in my opinion MacDonald was the same kind of influential midfielder, helping us to trebles and European football success. 

Some of the stuff he was involved in with the likes of Cooper, Johnstone, McLean and Russell was amazing.

Says it all about historical Scottish football and attitude, and a travesty, that he only got one cap for Scotland.   

When he was playing you didn't really appreciate what he did, going about his business without fuss. Its only when he's not there when you notice.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

Glad to note that Dave Smith rates a mention from several bears.  My fave was probably Colin Jackson.  He gave such good service for a long time.  Apparently, when Jackson and Ronnie McKinnon were not in the Barca team, they had a good drink to drown their sorrows.

Who can forget big bomber’s goal in injury time of the cup final against the sheep. :rangers:

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

Shota Arveladze, had a better scoring record than Larsson in Holland then we play him on the left wing or not at all.

Top scorer in every league he played in before he came to Scotland.

I have no doubt he would have been here too had he been given more game time.  We did have some cracking forwards when he was at our club though. 

Archived