Players Gers Career Ruined By Injury

Blues Brother

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

Who are the Rangers players whose Gers career were ruined by injuries were you most gutted about?

Alan McLaren and Seb Rozental to get the ball rolling 

Ian Durrant Top of the list imo, Came back from horrendous injury suffered in a shock tackle by Thug Neil Simpson, Never quite the same after that imo sadly.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How the fuck did Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord not take Mols from Utrecht years before we brought him in when he was already something like 28?

What a player he was before that injury.

He was released by Ajax when he was 20. He was 28/29 when he signed for us. A lot of people assume he was some kind of world class player, or would have been a world class player but he couldn’t even get in a Dutch side over Peter van Vossen or Pierre van Hooijdonk.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How the fuck did Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord not take Mols from Utrecht years before we brought him in when he was already something like 28?

What a player he was before that injury.

I've never seen many players turn on a dime quite like Mols. Maybe Aguero.

Kirk Broadfoot.    Euro finalist and top international player.

Could play averagely at both full  back and centre back position.

After his injury due to a scalding poached egg, was never the same, ended up playing for lower caber throwing Scottish clubs and venting his frustration on the club where he peaked.

Will always be grateful I saw him in his prime.  At his best he was right up there with Considine at Aberdeen. 

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was released by Ajax when he was 20. He was 28/29 when he signed for us. A lot of people assume he was some kind of world class player, or would have been a world class player but he couldn’t even get in a Dutch side over Peter van Vossen or Pierre van Hooijdonk.

I know he played at WC 94 but Larsson wasn't really known for anything other than his dreadlocks before he ended up with the scum, at an age I think was similar to Mols.

Mols was looking every inch a world class or potentially world class player at Champions League level for us. I might be mis-remembering here but was Van Nistelrooy in the PSV team we hammered 4-1 at Ibrox with Mols absolutely destroying them?

He was an absolute gem of a player.

Eric Caldow, never the same player after Bobby Smith broke his leg in 1963 England- Scotland game.  Iain McDonald never fully  recovered from his injury after Chris Shevlane of Hibs done him, McDonald was 18/ or19 years old with potentially a great career ahead of him

7 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Eric Caldow, never the same player after Bobby Smith broke his leg in 1963 England- Scotland game.  Iain McDonald never fully  recovered from his injury after Chris Shevlane of Hibs done him, McDonald was 18/ or19 years old with potentially a great career ahead of him

This a thousand times.

Our most under-rated player ever.

Archived