Players Gers Career Ruined By Injury

Blues Brother

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/03/2020 at 22:48, Inigo said:

Yup. Outplayed them twice and got 1 point out of it courtesy of hitting the woodwork 3 times and a massively deflected late freekick. Very, very unlucky.

Outplayed them home and away, they've always been quite a lucky team Bayern (1999 final being the exception)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2020 at 15:44, George McLean said:

Eric Caldow, never the same player after Bobby Smith broke his leg in 1963 England- Scotland game.  Iain McDonald never fully  recovered from his injury after Chris Shevlane of Hibs done him, McDonald was 18/ or19 years old with potentially a great career ahead of him

beat me to it ian mcdonald great talent. tam forsyth bad injury.

Didn’t go through the full thread, but we signed Amoruso summer 97, he didn’t play till April 98 against the green an grey sc semi final.

always wondered if he had been fit would we have done the 10.

im sure Walter brought gough back from America because amo was injured.

not blaming out best ever captain for failing to get 10, but I doubt he’d have came back if amo played that season.

could be totally wrong, was just how I’ve always felt.

(I can’t recall how he got injured or came injured)

As already mentioned (several times) Mols was porbably the biggest loss after injury.  It was a fair challenge and unfortunatley a bad landing that meant we certainly missed the best of him.

Cunts wanting a red card for the tackle, even years after. :confused: Kahn won the ball, the tackle wasn't from behind, the tackle wasn't reckless. it was simply an unfortunate landing.

Archived