Tav wants out apparently

Tomatasauce

it might be as much shite as it’s source but I personally think there is something to it, as much as he improved last season, this season he’s ruined the potential fee we could have got, if we weren’t chasing the tarriers to stop their dominance we would have sold when he was hot but the board wouldn’t have got away with selling him after last year

Darren Bent has urged Rangers full-back James Tavernier to move to the Premier League if he gets the chance during the summer transfer window.

The former Aston Villa and England forward, speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, admits losing the 28-year-old would be a “massive blow” for the Light Blues but that he needs to test himself in England’s top flight.

As revealed exclusively by Football Insider, Tavernier has made it known behind the scenes that he is wanting to leave Ibrox and seal a move south of the border this summer.

It comes after Football Insider detailed how Rangers have slashed their asking price for the right-back in a bid to free up transfer funds to spend.

Bent insists Tavernier’s exit it will be a bitter pill for Steven Gerrard to swallow but that the full-back has got to try and prove his worth at a higher level.

Bent told Football Insider: “Yeah, it’s a massive blow. I read the other day he’s not won anything at Rangers which is surprising considering how long he’s been there and the quality he’s got.

“He’s been there, he’s been a great servant for them but I always feel you need to test yourself in the Premier League, you need to experience to see if you can actually go and do it.

“If his move is to the Premier League then I’m all for it, the Premier League is the best league in the world, if he can do it, then by means go and do it.”

Tavernier has made 242 appearances for Rangers since arriving at Ibrox, with 45 of those coming this season.

He has been a star at both ends of the pitch, chipping in with 46 goals and 74 assists across all competitions.

In other Rangers news, Alan Hutton has tipped a teenage talent to replace Tavernier at Ibrox. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He won the Ramsdens Cup, Darren.

He should have at least a Scottish cup if he and others had the bottle to beat a shitey hibs team and you could add this years league cup if not for hysterical refereeing performance but tbh that’s the problem with tav these days he’s a nearly man, probably best to part ways with him I’m afraid, some will know how much I’ve been a massive backer of tav but after this year I can’t defend him he’s been a man down

9 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

it might be as much shite as it’s source but I personally think there is something to it, as much as he improved last season, this season he’s ruined the potential fee we could have got, if we weren’t chasing the tarriers to stop their dominance we would have sold when he was hot but the board wouldn’t have got away with selling him after last year

Darren Bent has urged Rangers full-back James Tavernier to move to the Premier League if he gets the chance during the summer transfer window.

The former Aston Villa and England forward, speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, admits losing the 28-year-old would be a “massive blow” for the Light Blues but that he needs to test himself in England’s top flight.

As revealed exclusively by Football Insider, Tavernier has made it known behind the scenes that he is wanting to leave Ibrox and seal a move south of the border this summer.

It comes after Football Insider detailed how Rangers have slashed their asking price for the right-back in a bid to free up transfer funds to spend.

Bent insists Tavernier’s exit it will be a bitter pill for Steven Gerrard to swallow but that the full-back has got to try and prove his worth at a higher level.

Bent told Football Insider: “Yeah, it’s a massive blow. I read the other day he’s not won anything at Rangers which is surprising considering how long he’s been there and the quality he’s got.

“He’s been there, he’s been a great servant for them but I always feel you need to test yourself in the Premier League, you need to experience to see if you can actually go and do it.

“If his move is to the Premier League then I’m all for it, the Premier League is the best league in the world, if he can do it, then by means go and do it.”

Tavernier has made 242 appearances for Rangers since arriving at Ibrox, with 45 of those coming this season.

He has been a star at both ends of the pitch, chipping in with 46 goals and 74 assists across all competitions.

In other Rangers news, Alan Hutton has tipped a teenage talent to replace Tavernier at Ibrox. 

“Football Insider”. Aye ok. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Hope theres something in it , the guy is gutless and is probably hearing some of the flak coming his way and wants out......

Must admit mate he can’t handle pressure that what I’ve realised this year he’ll be garbage in the pl but if we can get somebody to take the bait I’m all for it

bottled it in many big games and the penalty situation aswell dosent look like a guy who believes in himself and needs to be loved to show how good he is

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve always maintained the opinion that he would move this Summer. At 28 it’s probably the last opportunity he will get to get a big contract in England. 

It’s not exactly far away but I’ve always felt that his plan was to move back to Newcastle at some stage

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

Must admit mate he can’t handle pressure that what I’ve realised this year he’ll be garbage in the pl but if we can get somebody to take the bait I’m all for it

bottled it in many big games and the penalty situation aswell dosent look like a guy who believes in himself and needs to be loved to show how good he is

Will be found out in weeks down there , if we can get a mug down there to waste a few million on him get it done......

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

He should have at least a Scottish cup if he and others had the bottle to beat a shitey hibs team and you could add this years league cup if not for hysterical refereeing performance but tbh that’s the problem with tav these days he’s a nearly man, probably best to part ways with him I’m afraid, some will know how much I’ve been a massive backer of tav but after this year I can’t defend him he’s been a man down

His big move to England will fall through so we’ll all be saying ‘mind he nearly moved to an English club’ 

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

“Football Insider”. Aye ok. 

Listen mate it’s slim pickings finding any news other than corona news, this is something most want and the others wouldn’t be much against so it’s worth debating but I did say the source was shite

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Listen mate it’s slim pickings finding any news other than corona news, this is something most want and the others wouldn’t be much against so it’s worth debating but I did say the source was shite

Nothing against you mate. I know it’s hard getting good news. 👍

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Nothing against you mate. I know it’s hard getting good news. 👍

None taken mate, It’s was more for fun and to see what ppl think of it’s truth, some will be excited at the prospect and guys like myself will realise it’s a smart move to part ways 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

🙄 If you can point me to anything I've made up, I'll happily make a donation to a charity of your choice. 

Too many threads have been ruined mate, you know and so do others on here, your clearly trying to drag up old shit on another thread, it’s not all about the dude

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

Too many threads have been ruined mate, you know and so do others on here, your clearly trying to drag up old shit on another thread, it’s not all about the dude

No, I'm just pointing out how utterly unreliable Football Insider is as a source of information based on first hand experience of working for them. 

Archived