Tav wants out apparently

Tomatasauce

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a professional footballer who has given more than most with us, and his record speaks for itself.  And I suspect he won't disrespect us in the future either, seems a loyal guy. 

Would rather he stayed but like Lee Wallace, will have my respect if or when he does leave. 

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

Has Darren Bent?

What 'faked up' shite have I talked? That's twice you've made that claim now and probably twice you'll fail to answer. There remains a donation of the table to the charity of your choosing.

His crossing has been that abysmal that he's created more goals than any other player in the squad (15).

Who hasn't bottled it in the squad at times this season?

Is that a no then?

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

As Stevie Smith’s lawyer, I’d like to point out my client was exceptional in the period prior to his injury.

That's often forgot. He was superb before his injury. 

Vast majority of his list have got a league title to their name. Tav wouldn't even get in a league winning squad, never mind first team. 

On 26/03/2020 at 21:24, eejay the dj said:

I was thinking to myself the other day.If Tav was our Captain next season .I wouldn’t renew my ST .I know I probably wouldn’t go through with that .Yet that’s how strongly  I feel .He just epitomises the losers we have had at our club these past 5 years and many of our fans like TMB

Putting politely .Menu needs changing 

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out James . Best of luck in the Championship 

:lol:

Wow

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

All this talk of him going but who the fuck would actually take him? 

The next transfer window will be an interesting one, nobody will know how to pitch it but I would think the stupid money transfers will be seriously curtailed, only my opinion.

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

All this talk of him going but who the fuck would actually take him? 

He's had 35+ assists in all competitions during the last two seasons.  He lead the SPFL in assists last year with 14 and was named in the SPFL's team of the season.  This year he's got 7 assists in the league plus an assists in Europe recently with the corner delivery for Edmundson's goal against Leverkusen.  He's scored consistently high as an individual in the Europa League over the last two seasons.  This season he's ranked as our third best player in the Europa League  and since he only has one assists he must be doing well defensively - "The data considered for each player is specific to the position.  For example, tackles and blocks are considered to be key statistics for defensive midfielders, while successful dribbles and crosses are important metrics for wingers" (That's from their own website).  The guy was one of our top performers last season especially when we beat celtic 2-0 at Ibrox with Tavernier scoring a direct free-kick.  This year he's been solid defensively in many big games in Europe and against celtic.  People said Elyounoussi (a £16m winger) would take this piss out of him but he was subbed at half time during the League Cup final because Tavernier wouldn't let him past, plus he was constantly bombing forward providing an attacking threat.  A few weeks later at Parkhead he was solid again when we beat celtic at Parkhead for the first time in years.  Then there's his fitness and amount of games he actually plays.  He's coming in to his peak years.

I think there's plenty of clubs out there who would be interested in Tavernier.

On 26/03/2020 at 21:24, eejay the dj said:

I was thinking to myself the other day.If Tav was our Captain next season .I wouldn’t renew my ST .I know I probably wouldn’t go through with that .Yet that’s how strongly  I feel .He just epitomises the losers we have had at our club these past 5 years and many of our fans like TMB

I bought a season ticket in division 3 when we had Argyriou as our RB.  Yet, you're not going to renew unless Tavernier is stripped of the captaincy?  Yeah, you're an amazing fan.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Along with Vuckic

I'd rather have Vuckic (who has scored 9 goals in the Eredivisie this season against teams like PSV and Feyenoord) than cunts like Sheyi Ojo and Brandon Barker.  

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'd rather have Vuckic (who has scored 9 goals in the Eredivisie this season against teams like PSV and Feyenoord) than cunts like Sheyi Ojo and Brandon Barker.  

Funny you keep mentioning Vuckic stats in the eredivisie while slagging of Ojo who scored against eredivisie opposition....possibly it's not as strong a league as you are trying to make out?

Anyway as far as Tav is concerned I think his time with us is up, spare me the "we won't appreciate how good he was until he has gone" nonsense as we should always be looking to better what we have, this squad is far superior to the squad that Warburton had but we still need to improve again, Tav can go with my blessing the same as 5 or 6 others, a rebuild with better players is required AGAIN unfortunately so we move on.

36 minutes ago, TMB said:

He's had 35+ assists in all competitions during the last two seasons.  He lead the SPFL in assists last year with 14 and was named in the SPFL's team of the season.  This year he's got 7 assists in the league plus an assists in Europe recently with the corner delivery for Edmundson's goal against Leverkusen.  He's scored consistently high as an individual in the Europa League over the last two seasons.  This season he's ranked as our third best player in the Europa League  and since he only has one assists he must be doing well defensively - "The data considered for each player is specific to the position.  For example, tackles and blocks are considered to be key statistics for defensive midfielders, while successful dribbles and crosses are important metrics for wingers" (That's from their own website).  The guy was one of our top performers last season especially when we beat celtic 2-0 at Ibrox with Tavernier scoring a direct free-kick.  This year he's been solid defensively in many big games in Europe and against celtic.  People said Elyounoussi (a £16m winger) would take this piss out of him but he was subbed at half time during the League Cup final because Tavernier wouldn't let him past, plus he was constantly bombing forward providing an attacking threat.  A few weeks later at Parkhead he was solid again when we beat celtic at Parkhead for the first time in years.  Then there's his fitness and amount of games he actually plays.  He's coming in to his peak years.

I think there's plenty of clubs out there who would be interested in Tavernier.

So who do you think and how much? Genuinely.. 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Funny you keep mentioning Vuckic stats in the eredivisie while slagging of Ojo who scored against eredivisie opposition....possibly it's not as strong a league as you are trying to make out?

I'm confident the Eredivisie is a much better league than that of the SPFL.  I'm also confident Sheyi Ojo is utter shite.  Your opinions may differ.

Since Vuckic left we've played, for the most part, systems that utilise inside forwards and/or number 10s behind the striker.  Fuck knows how many players we've gone through in that time but most of them have been utter shite.  Candeias was a real workhorse, Kent a very good player but needs a better end product, Hagi could be a real find if we land him permanently.  Beyond that, mostly gash in those attacking midfield areas.  

Vuckic scored 9 goals from open play this season, predominantly from midfield, and he done it against some of the best teams in that league.  With that left foot he was always capable of scoring goals in the right team with the right system.  Could he have done a job for us during the last 5 years?  I certainly think so but we'll never know.

gif.thumb.gif.51638b121039308dc44aced3aa2791b9.gif

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'm confident the Eredivisie is a much better league than that of the SPFL.  I'm also confident Sheyi Ojo is utter shite.  Your opinions may differ.

Since Vuckic left we've played, for the most part, systems that utilise inside forwards and/or number 10s behind the striker.  Fuck knows how many players we've gone through in that time but most of them have been utter shite.  Candeias was a real workhorse, Kent a very good player but needs a better end product, Hagi could be a real find if we land him permanently.  Beyond that, mostly gash in those attacking midfield areas.  

Vuckic scored 9 goals from open play this season, predominantly from midfield, and he done it against some of the best teams in that league.  With that left foot he was always capable of scoring goals in the right team with the right system.  Could he have done a job for us during the last 5 years?  I certainly think so but we'll never know.

gif.thumb.gif.51638b121039308dc44aced3aa2791b9.gif

I agree Ojo is shite and the Dutch league is technically better, Ajax were excellent last season but with the best players moving on they are a shadow of the team this year, the bottom half of the dutch league is chronic so scoring 9 goals probably is ok without it being an outstanding achievement for Vuckic....the point is our league is more physical with little time on the ball....Vuckic would struggle imho and would end up another failed experiment 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

So who do you think and how much? Genuinely.. 

I'd say we have the two best attacking full-backs in the league.  Tavernier is a guy who has gotten us 21 assists in the league over the least two years and is part of a team that has been pretty solid defensively (which the stats support).  So he's a key part of our team.

For comparison let's look at celtic.  Lustig apparently won more silverware than any other foreign player to play in Scotland but he looked like a fucking donkey compared to Tavernier last season.  celtic got rid of Lustig and replaced him with: Frimpong, Bauer, and Abd Elhamed.  Millions spent on transfer fees, loan fees, and wages.  Are they any better off?  No.  They'll probably sign another RB as soon as they get the chance.

Replacing players isn't as easy as some think.  Many argue that a more defensively sound player would be better but look at Greg Taylor.  He doesn't offer enough going forward so celtic drop him and would rather play Johnny Hayes.  People need to realise that the forward contribution is a key part of how Gerrard wants to play.  Plus, Tavernier has been part of a defense that has been pretty solid since Gerrard came in.  We've conceded the same amount of league goals as celtic have this season.  We conceded 6 goals in the Europa Group stages which was the best in the group.  Our defense isn't the problem it's the lack of goals that's been an issue since the winter break.

24 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I agree Ojo is shite and the Dutch league is technically better, Ajax were excellent last season but with the best players moving on they are a shadow of the team this year, the bottom half of the dutch league is chronic so scoring 9 goals probably is ok without it being an outstanding achievement for Vuckic....the point is our league is more physical with little time on the ball....Vuckic would struggle imho and would end up another failed experiment 

People said the same thing in the Championship.  Hammer throwers, less time on the ball, game too physical, etc.  Yet, Vuckic was a standout player for us despite his lack of game time or fitness coming in.  

I'd rather Rangers signed Vuckic permanently than someone like Michael O’Halloran who we did spend money on a few months after Warburton arrived.  Vuckic was direct, had an eye for goal, and a great shot on him.  I wouldn't mind someone like that behind the main striker now TBH.

Archived