Tav wants out apparently

Tomatasauce

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

People said the same thing in the Championship.  Hammer throwers, less time on the ball, game too physical, etc.  Yet, Vuckic was a standout player for us despite his lack of game time or fitness coming in.  

I'd rather Rangers signed Vuckic permanently than someone like Michael O’Halloran who we did spend money on a few months after Warburton arrived.  Vuckic was direct, had an eye for goal, and a great shot on him.  I wouldn't mind someone like that behind the main striker now TBH.

Comparing Vuckic against dross like MOH, Barker & Ojo is pointless as  they are all useless...it doesn't mean that signing Vuckic will make us more likely to become champions as I think he is just another average Joe

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TMB said:

I'd say we have the two best attacking full-backs in the league.  Tavernier is a guy who has gotten us 21 assists in the league over the least two years and is part of a team that has been pretty solid defensively (which the stats support).  So he's a key part of our team.

For comparison let's look at celtic.  Lustig apparently won more silverware than any other foreign player to play in Scotland but he looked like a fucking donkey compared to Tavernier last season.  celtic got rid of Lustig and replaced him with: Frimpong, Bauer, and Abd Elhamed.  Millions spent on transfer fees, loan fees, and wages.  Are they any better off?  No.  They'll probably sign another RB as soon as they get the chance.

Replacing players isn't as easy as some think.  Many argue that a more defensively sound player would be better but look at Greg Taylor.  He doesn't offer enough going forward so celtic drop him and would rather play Johnny Hayes.  People need to realise that the forward contribution is a key part of how Gerrard wants to play.  Plus, Tavernier has been part of a defense that has been pretty solid since Gerrard came in.  We've conceded the same amount of league goals as celtic have this season.  We conceded 6 goals in the Europa Group stages which was the best in the group.  Our defense isn't the problem it's the lack of goals that's been an issue since the winter break.

So who and how much? Personally the best we can hope for, imo, is someone like Newcastle looking to sign him on the cheap. Other than that no cunt will be interested and quite right. You only need to watch the guy to see his 'stats' are complete bollocks. He's hopeless. 

5 hours ago, TMB said:

I bought a season ticket in division 3 when we had Argyriou as our RB.  Yet, you're not going to renew unless Tavernier is stripped of the captaincy?  Yeah, you're an amazing fan.

:p:  Look at yourself . I'm that much of a shite fan . I've had an unbroken  ST since 1985 pre Souness . Yet even back then we had winners in our team .Not losers , that you weirdly defend

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Is this story still going, at least certain people can't help but come out of the woodwork to show themselves up.

If you're referring to me, I've just joined (been a lurker for a while) and it was on the top of page 2 on the hot topics so wanted to give it a reply myself.  

The last reply was only a few days ago.

Stats and flashes of good play on YouTube videos can make the biggest dumplin look good, tav has been decent for us, this season he has been pathetic, I take no pleasure in saying it as I like him and last year I felt like I was defending him every week on here when he was by far the best rb in Scotland. I can’t defend him this year, I don’t know if he was good last year due to the Gerrard effect or what, but now it’s looking like he’s too comfortable in his position, some competition for his place in the team might help but there’s next to no chance we will run with 2 handsomely paid players as good as each other in the rb position

8 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'd love nothing more than for us to get a few million for this loser of a captain and use the funds to strengthen elsewhere. The most over-rated player (to some, at least) I've ever seen at Ibrox in all my decades following us. 

Not even the most overrated player to play for us in the last two seasons never mind decades :lol: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Not even the most overrated player to play for us in the last two seasons never mind decades :lol: 

Matter of opinion, I suppose. 

Ryan Jack is up there too tbh.

Out of interest who are you talking about that was more over-rated in the last 2 seasons? we've had a few of them but Tav can be something else the way some fans go on about him.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Matter of opinion, I suppose. 

Ryan Jack is up there too tbh.

Out of interest who are you talking about that was more over-rated in the last 2 seasons? we've had a few of them but Tav can be something else the way some fans go on about him.

Katic, Candeias, Kent, McGregor (people calling him world class), Barisic.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Katic, Candeias, Kent, McGregor (people calling him world class), Barisic.

Katic is a good player. He's just young and a little rough round the edges at times but he's got a lot of potential. I think people see that to be fair.

Candeias was just dug shit. Pure pish but I don't think he was over-rated. Some people thought he offered us something, others didn't. That simple IMO.

Kent is a good player. The thing that's up for debate is is he worth 7 million? undecided but he pops up in big games. 7 million quid gets you goals like we got away to Braga and celtic. Does he do it enough? no.

McGregor isn't world class but he's a fine goalkeeper. Even some folk calling McGregor world class is nowhere near the same level of insanity as the folk that think Tav is a great player.

Baraisic is another good player, but consistency is his problem too. Like the majority of the team. He's not alone. On his day he's a right asset. That's not being over-rated in my eyes that's just seeing what someone "can" bring.

Just my opinion though. Plenty will disagree. The players in this team/squad are a right mixed bag. Talent wise they are right up there but zero heart, winning mentality or consistency. 

On 30/03/2020 at 08:26, eejay the dj said:

:p:  Look at yourself . I'm that much of a shite fan . I've had an unbroken  ST since 1985 pre Souness . Yet even back then we had winners in our team .Not losers , that you weirdly defend

You’re the one that said you wouldn’t renew next season if Tavernier was captain.

On 30/03/2020 at 03:53, hammer93 said:

Comparing Vuckic against dross like MOH, Barker & Ojo is pointless as  they are all useless...it doesn't mean that signing Vuckic will make us more likely to become champions as I think he is just another average Joe

Warburton choose not to sign Vuckic then spent money on MOH a few months later.  It was clearly the wrong decision.

Vuckic scored eleven goals in the Dutch top tier this season against teams like PSV and Feyenoord.  Not bad for an “average joe”.  We’re crying out for an attacking midfielder who is more direct and can shoot from outside the box.  

02399359-14EA-4CFA-889D-FDEAD764A757.thumb.jpeg.2291d03ede37f20e93d96fd40edf055a.jpeg

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

You’re the one that said you wouldn’t renew next season if Tavernier was captain.

Read my post and stop being a plonker. And maybe a little fucking respect seen as clearly whack you out the water in being a better fan 🤔🤣right 

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

Embarrassing pish from the usual Tav haters.

I never realised anyone hated him .I certainly despise the fact he is our captain and a constant starter 

He is a 100% loser and as long as he at Rangers .YOUR  team won’t be winning any trophies mate .Guaranteed  

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Read my post and stop being a plonker. And maybe a little fucking respect seen as clearly whack you out the water in being a better fan 🤔🤣right 

I read your post.  You said if Tavernier wasn’t captain next season you would consider not renewing your season ticket.  But yeah, you’re a super fan.  

Just now, TMB said:

I read your post.  You said if Tavernier wasn’t captain next season you would consider not renewing your season ticket.  But yeah, you’re a super fan.  

And I said I wouldn’t after that ya numptie 

You are a super fan cause you love Tav 🥰.What are you going do with yourself when leaves .Will break your wee heart😄

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I never realised anyone hated him .I certainly despise the fact he is our captain and a constant starter 

He is a 100% loser and as long as he at Rangers .YOUR  team won’t be winning any trophies mate .Guaranteed  

Lustig won more silverware than any other foreign player ever to come to Scotland.  Would you swap Lustig for Tavernier right now? If we had Lustig at RB would we start winning everything?

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And I said I wouldn’t after that ya numptie 

You are a super fan cause you love Tav 🥰.What are you going do with yourself when leaves .Will break your wee heart😄

You said you would consider not renewing if Tavernier was captain next season.  You probably went back on that in a later post because you realised what a ridiculous stance that is to take.  

As always I want Rangers to be successful.  I don’t care who does it, as long as it’s done.  Right now we have the best attacking RB in the country and there’s no guarantee we could replace him with someone better.  Just look at the three dumplings celtic brought in to play RB last summer as evidence of that.

Just now, TMB said:

Lustig won more silverware than any other foreign player ever to come to Scotland.  Would you swap Lustig for Tavernier right now? If we had Lustig at RB would we start winning everything?

That is such a pathetic argument 

Listen I know you would suck his cock if he was in front of you ,so nothing is going to change your mind about him .Nothing i say 

Although I’m definitely a bigger fan of Rangers than you will ever be .That is a fact 🤣deal with it 😉

Listen I know you would suck his cock if he was in front of you ,so nothing is going to change your mind about him .Nothing i say 

Although I’m definitely a bigger fan of Rangers than you will ever be .That is a fact 🤣deal with it 😉

You’re on the ropes here lad

It’s not an argument, it’s a fact.  You said you would consider not renewing your season ticket if Tavernier was captain of Rangers next season.  

Archived