Tav wants out apparently

Tomatasauce

On 26/03/2020 at 21:24, eejay the dj said:

I was thinking to myself the other day.If Tav was our Captain next season .I wouldn’t renew my ST .

I know I probably wouldn’t go through with that .Yet that’s how strongly  I feel .He just epitomises the losers we have had at our club these past 5 years and many of our fans like TMB

Putting politely .Menu needs changing 

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out James . Best of luck in the Championship 

TMB in meltdown over his beloved Tav 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TMB said:

Lustig won more silverware than any other foreign player ever to come to Scotland.  Would you swap Lustig for Tavernier right now? If we had Lustig at RB would we start winning everything?

Did Lustig fuck up as much as Tav? Genuine question. Never rated the inbred, hillbilly bastard but he was part of, what, 6 finals and never fucked it for his team in those games or the semis before them. Tav didn't even have the bottle to take the penalty against the pedos in the final. 

During this period when we’ve been unsuccessful, and celtic have been winning everything, we’ve had the better RB.  I’d have Tavernier over Lustig (or any of their current RB options) any day.  You can’t unfairly put Rangers lack of success on the shoulders of James Tavernier.  Look at the bigger picture.  You need to accept that we’ve had many shortcomings as a team in terms of managers and the playing staff since our promotion.  

Even the recent League Cup final, Tavernier was a standout that day, is it his fault we lost?  Of course not.  

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

During this period when we’ve been unsuccessful, and celtic have been winning everything, we’ve had the better RB.  I’d have Tavernier over Lustig (or any of their current RB options) any day.  You can’t unfairly put Rangers lack of success on the shoulders of James Tavernier.  Look at the bigger picture.  You need to accept that we’ve had many shortcomings as a team in terms of managers and the playing staff since our promotion.  

Even the recent League Cup final, Tavernier was a standout that day, is it his fault we lost?  Of course not.  

It's his fault we have lost a fair amount of games and points with his consistent fuck ups. 

I don't want a player who comes out with the pathetic shite bag statements this guy comes out with. 

Tavernier is not a winner. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Did Lustig fuck up as much as Tav? Genuine question. Never rated the inbred, hillbilly bastard but he was part of, what, 6 finals and never fucked it for his team in those games or the semis before them. Tav didn't even have the bottle to take the penalty against the pedos in the final. 

Firstly, Tavernier wasn’t the designated penalty taker in the League Cup final.  Morelos was the designated penalty taker.  So your criticism there is well wide of the mark.

I can’t speak as to how good a player Lustig was on a weekly basis because outside of Old Firm games I never watch celtic.  But, Lustig was being absolutely torn apart by Kent the season before he left.  Lustig wanted to stay at celtic but Lennon viewed him as a liability and released him.  Lennon later said the decision to release him might have been a bad one since finding a replacement RB wasn’t as easy as he first thought.  Apparently Rodgers had been after a RB for some time but couldn’t get one.

If Tavernier left could we go out and find someone if equal or better ability?  I highly doubt it.  

I’d also say that with 35+ assists during the last two seasons plus all his goals Tavernier has contributed a lot more than he’s “cost” us as a team.

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Firstly, Tavernier wasn’t the designated penalty taker in the League Cup final.  Morelos was the designated penalty taker.  So your criticism there is well wide of the mark.

I can’t speak as to how good a player Lustig was on a weekly basis because outside of Old Firm games I never watch celtic.  But, Lustig was being absolutely torn apart by Kent the season before he left.  Lustig wanted to stay at celtic but Lennon viewed him as a liability and released him.  Lennon later said the decision to release him might have been a bad one since finding a replacement RB wasn’t as easy as he first thought.  Apparently Rodgers had been after a RB for some time but couldn’t get one.

If Tavernier left could we go out and find someone if equal or better ability.  I highly doubt it.  

I’d also say that with 35+ assists during the last two seasons plus all his goals Tavernier has contributed a lot more than he’s “cost” us as a team.

Says who? Gerrard? 

I never watched Lustig on a weekly basis either. He was trusted to start in all those wins against us, semi final wins and cup finals when everybody had to be on it to win the games. He might not be as good a player, but what difference does that really make? Tav wouldn't get into any of Walter's winning squads for example. 

As good as Tav? What exactly is it you think Tav possesses that makes him a complete standout from any other right back within our budget? 

Genuine question here again, how many of the goals that Tav's created haven't been from set plays? 0

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Says who? Gerrard? 

I never watched Lustig on a weekly basis either. He was trusted to start in all those wins against us, semi final wins and cup finals when everybody had to be on it to win the games. He might not be as good a player, but what difference does that really make? Tav wouldn't get into any of Walter's winning squads for example. 

As good as Tav? What exactly is it you think Tav possesses that makes him a complete standout from any other right back within our budget? 

Genuine question here again, how many of the goals that Tav's created haven't been from set plays? 0

Bigging up Tarriers... 

22 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Says who? Gerrard? 

Yes, Gerrard confirmed that Morelos was the designated penalty taker on the day of the League Cup final.  Since Morelos missed that vital penalty the duty was passed on to Arfield so Tavernier stopped taking them a while ago.

If Tavernier played for celtic when Rodgers came in he would’ve won a treble treble by now.  If Lustig played for Rangers when Warburton got promoted he would’ve been chased out a long time ago having been labelled a “serial loser”.  My point is there’s a bigger picture to be considered.  Lustig had the benefit of playing in a much better side.  Tavernier, on the other hand, has played for some of the worst Rangers teams I’ve seen in my life.

Tavernier is currently the best attacking RB in Scotland.  So yes, I’d be disappointed to see him go.  The hate he gets from the Rangers support is way over the top.  

Tavernier’s attacking ability is terrific.  He gets us up the park and puts very dangerous balls in to the opposition box.  The quantity of his assists speaks for itself.  His defending has been fine for the most part too.  We’ve conceded the same amount of league goals as celtic and had the best defense in our Europa League group too.

How many goals that Tav has created have come from set plays?  His corner for Edmundson’s header against Leverkusen just a few weeks ago springs instantly to mind.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Warburton choose not to sign Vuckic then spent money on MOH a few months later.  It was clearly the wrong decision.

Vuckic scored eleven goals in the Dutch top tier this season against teams like PSV and Feyenoord.  Not bad for an “average joe”.  We’re crying out for an attacking midfielder who is more direct and can shoot from outside the box.  

02399359-14EA-4CFA-889D-FDEAD764A757.thumb.jpeg.2291d03ede37f20e93d96fd40edf055a.jpeg

Jeezo....the fact that you are harping on about MW Rangers side is a worry,  you actually don't grasp the concept that far better players were always going to be required as we continued to improve.....yes we could have signed Vuckic for Warburtons team but Vuckic would have to have been a right superstar to have been the sole survivor from Warburtons reign.....the last bit is my point, he wasn't the superstar you believe, throwing up numbers from the Eredivisie means fuck all when it comes to making a difference for a club the size of ours.

22 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Jeezo....the fact that you are harping on about MW Rangers side is a worry,  you actually don't grasp the concept that far better players were always going to be required as we continued to improve.....yes we could have signed Vuckic for Warburtons team but Vuckic would have to have been a right superstar to have been the sole survivor from Warburtons reign.....the last bit is my point, he wasn't the superstar you believe, throwing up numbers from the Eredivisie means fuck all when it comes to making a difference for a club the size of ours.

Okay, forget the Warburton era.  Do you think Vuckic could have done a job for Rangers this season?  Either as an inside forward or number 10.  I do.  I’d rather him than Ojo or Barker who have been filing that slot most of the season.

Say what you want about hammer throwers, less time on the ball, can’t cope with the pressure to play for Rangers, but Vuckic handled all of that during the short time he was with us.

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

Okay, forget the Warburton era.  Do you think Vuckic could have done a job for Rangers this season?  Either as an inside forward or number 10.  I do.  I’d rather him than Ojo or Barker who have been filing that slot most of the season.

Say what you want about hammer throwers, less time on the ball, can’t cope with the pressure to play for Rangers, but Vuckic handled all of that during the short time he was with us.

You keep mentioning Ojo & Barker as if they are playing every week in this system (which they aren't) if you want to compare then you need to compare him against Aribo and more recently Hagi, now I'm not saying Vuckic hasn't improved in the last 5 years as he probably has but I seriously didn't see enough in him to suggest that whatever improvement he was going to have would make him a standout in even this current Rangers side.

25 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You keep mentioning Ojo & Barker as if they are playing every week in this system (which they aren't) if you want to compare then you need to compare him against Aribo and more recently Hagi, now I'm not saying Vuckic hasn't improved in the last 5 years as he probably has but I seriously didn't see enough in him to suggest that whatever improvement he was going to have would make him a standout in even this current Rangers side.

For the most part we’ve played Ojo, Barker and Aribo.  Aribo is much better from deeper positions and that’s why we seen him moved out of that number 10 role.  Hagi joined in January and didn’t get much game time before the season was abandoned but I like him and hope he stays - The lad looks a real talent.

If we started the season with Vuckic he could’ve done a job for us behind the striker as a number 10.  Vuckic can shoot from outside the box and has an eye for goal as he’s shown in the Dutch league.  He’s good enough to get a game for us right now.  My main point being he could’ve done a job for us 5 years ago in the Championship with Warburton, and potentially this season as well.  Signing him would’ve been the right move but it’s all in the past now.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

For the most part we’ve played Ojo, Barker and Aribo.  Aribo is much better from deeper positions and that’s why we seen him moved out of that number 10 role.  Hagi joined in January and didn’t get much game time before the season was abandoned but I like him and hope he stays - The lad looks a real talent.

If we started the season with Vuckic he could’ve done a job for us behind the striker as a number 10.  Vuckic can shoot from outside the box and has an eye for goal as he’s shown in the Dutch league.  He’s good enough to get a game for us right now.  My main point being he could’ve done a job for us 5 years ago in the Championship with Warburton, and potentially this season as well.  Signing him would’ve been the right move but it’s all in the past now.

Fair enough, you have your opinion on Vuckic as a player and I have mine 

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one👍

Archived