Dave King

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not long before the fenian media has got hold of the story and now we are in financial trouble and going to end up deid again. Fucking hate these obsessed fenian wean shagging cunts!

Is this the footballs bubble needs to burst at some point moment happening regarding financial houses of cards under the strain of economic market changes due to the fallout of the corona virus?

This is going to have an impact on the game no doubt about it for many clubs.

To be fair to DK is he doing what he said he was going to do. His timing however is shite. Not buying that he couldn't have continued until we have a permanent chair in place -  ( why the fuck we don't have when he made his announcement in November is anybody's guess)- if BoJo can run the country whilst in isolation, I am sure DK could have chaired a couple of board meetings via Skype.

9 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

Bit in the statement:

"RIFC is pleased to confirm that the funding plan announced at the recent AGM is well advanced, with significant investment already received and further commitments in place"

I wonder if this will cover the shortfall and keep us going until football can resume. 

Good statement but shows the scum media in this country up for what they are. BBC had a negative headline straight away and that specky fenian mess Tom English had a negative tweet out 2 minutes after Kings statement. Narrative was set straight away by these cunts!

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Good statement but shows the scum media in this country up for what they are. BBC had a negative headline straight away and that specky fenian mess Tom English had a negative tweet out 2 minutes after Kings statement. Narrative was set straight away by these cunts!

I saw his tweet. The questions he's asking are ones I want answered as well. 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It doesn't take them long. Tom Irish already with a negative spin. Not worth copying.

Personally, I don't think DK would bail without leaving us in good stead, unlike DM.

Or Phil 3 Names...

I wonder why there is a difference in these two statement ? I am probably missing something simple but I thought it was worth pointing out.

From King's statement:

At my final board meeting in Glasgow on March 14, the board was close to finalising a new round of funding," King added.

"However, this has been put on hold while the board considers the financial consequences of the rapidly evolving global impact of coronavirus.

"The subsequent severe developments within the sporting and general business environment - that have now resulted in global lockdowns - has necessitated that the careful financial planning assumptions presented on March 14 are revisited."

From the Clubs statement:

RIFC is pleased to confirm that the funding plan announced at the recent AGM is well advanced, with significant investment already received and further commitments in place.

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Dave King has stepped down as Rangers chairman, with Douglas Park placed in interim charge of the board.

And King confirmed fresh investment has now been "put on hold" as the club deal with the coronavirus crisis.

Johannesburg-based King announced at the club's AGM in November he would be giving up the role to focus on his business interests in South Africa.

He admits he almost had a change of heart as the scale of the virus threat became clear.

But he has now made way for motor group tycoon Park to steer Rangers through the crisis. King also announced a task team has been set up at Ibrox to deal with the fallout of the pandemic.

"I thank all supporters, club management and the board for the magnificent support I received while guiding the club post regime change to put that specific crisis behind the club," King said in a statement.

"The deputy chairman Douglas Park will chair the board during the interim period and a new permanent chairman will be elected by the board at the next board meeting and will be announced immediately thereafter.

"I considered the possibility of extending my time as chairman until the coronavirus crisis is over but that is not practically possible. After I returned to South Africa last week from the board meeting, I was mandated by the South African authorities to go into self-isolation for 14 days - which I am presently undergoing."

King had expected a fresh round of investment in the club but that has now been shelved. Rangers announced in November they required an extra £10million before the end of the season.

"At my final board meeting in Glasgow on March 14, the board was close to finalising a new round of funding," King added.

"However, this has been put on hold while the board considers the financial consequences of the rapidly evolving global impact of coronavirus.

"The subsequent severe developments within the sporting and general business environment - that have now resulted in global lockdowns - has necessitated that the careful financial planning assumptions presented on March 14 are revisited."

Like I said mate. I’ll wait for the statement from Rangers. 

Archived