Tancredi Palmeri / UEFA president Ceferin

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If leagues can't be finished, UEFA are basically saying they will look at every league separately rather than a blanket decision.

I reckon null and void is a certainty. Imagine the utter chaos of certain teams being handed titles and others being denied.

Scenario

English FA say no to Liverpool with a 25 point lead but Italy says yes to Juventus with a 1 point lead. That would be utter madness. 

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I reckon null and void is a certainty. Imagine the utter chaos of certain teams being handed titles and others being denied.

Scenario

English FA say no to Liverpool with a 25 point lead but Italy says yes to Juventus with a 1 point lead. That would be utter madness. 

They may leave it up to country associations as each country's league will be in different situations, 

Something we really dont fucking want

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They may leave it up to country associations as each country's league will be in different situations, 

Something we really dont fucking want

We certainly don’t mate.

If football doesn't treat everyone the same instead of it being up to each league to decide then the sport will be damaged. 

“This lawsuits is a pile of shite. It will be in the league rules that they have final say. There’s a pretty good reason it will be null and void. No chance at all for legal challenge”

Reading through the comments of the twitter link, this is my belief in how it’s going to end. The league rules was agreed at the beginning and lets be honest if the rules allowed the title to be gifted to their team it would of been done by now. Null and void.

20 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“This lawsuits is a pile of shite. It will be in the league rules that they have final say. There’s a pretty good reason it will be null and void. No chance at all for legal challenge”

Reading through the comments of the twitter link, this is my belief in how it’s going to end. The league rules was agreed at the beginning and lets be honest if the rules allowed the title to be gifted to their team it would of been done by now. Null and void.

Mate I genuinely don’t think there is a rule set in place for this and that’s why no one knows what to do. It’s farcical it’s still being dragged on. The football authorities are proving how incompetent they really are. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Mate I genuinely don’t think there is a rule set in place for this and that’s why no one knows what to do. It’s farcical it’s still being dragged on. The football authorities are proving how incompetent they really are. 

Im no lawyer but reading twitter arguments the contract has an extract in it that allows for the contract to end if unforeseeable events occurred. It’ll allow any further obligations in the contract to not be required hence the awarding of a league title, relegation etc will just have to remain undecided as the season can’t end. This is the only outcome that’ll prevent any law suits that must follow if their team is gifted a title.

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Im no lawyer but reading twitter arguments the contract has an extract in it that allows for the contract to end if unforeseeable events occurred. It’ll allow any further obligations in the contract to not be required hence the awarding of a league title, relegation etc will just have to remain undecided as the season can’t end. This is the only outcome that’ll prevent any law suits that must follow if their team is gifted a title.

This is it basically. It's money thats driving it. 

Just now, Gman36 said:

The money that’s been paid or due for TV games etc that’s been played is still legal as part of the contract, future payments for any events that have not yet occurred isn’t though. 
I don’t think it’s money that’s driving it, the need to gift their team a title is there number one purpose, maybe even only.

41 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The solution which minimises the already occurring financial losses to the controlling organisations (FIFA, UEFA, Sky etc.) and clubs/ FAs at the top will drive the solution.

The smaller clubs and FAs, and football in general will always be second to the money men.

This might be used to create the elite European league they’ve being banging on about whilst throwing the rest of us to the wolves.

It'll depend when it peaks in certain countries . They're saying we should peak within a fortnight meaning we could maybe resume june .All going well that is .

Some have peaked and some like italy and Spain for some reason is out of control..I think that's why it's a case by case basis.

5 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

It'll depend when it peaks in certain countries . They're saying we should peak within a fortnight meaning we could maybe resume june .All going well that is .

Some have peaked and some like italy and Spain for some reason is out of control..I think that's why it's a case by case basis.

Not a chance of playing in June mate.

If it peaks in two weeks then you are waiting until is calms down. 

Even after it “goes away” there will be a cooling down period possibly lasting months to make sure it doesn’t  do this again. 

This is a long term problem with no short term fix. 

Next season won’t start on time either.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

So it should be a FIFA decision? 

Not really,  i would think overall FIFA have the final say regards anything in world football but UEFA  along with CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF etc will be expected to take their own areas into consideration first.  Europe is fast becoming the epicenter of this outbreak so its only natural that UEFA should take a central role.  I can see UEFA null and voiding the whole season europe wide as the individual leagues feed into their system regards who competes for the UEFA trophies and if a club side decides to go to CAS then the whole competition will grind to a halt while that issue is sorted out.  In short I think UEFA need to make the case to suspend the leagues and reset to last seasons standings when European competition opens again  

24 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Spain is still reporting more deaths by the day. They are approx 700+ deaths a day, by the next two weeks if it keeps up at this rate they will be in excess of 1500 per day before it reaches peak. Thats possibly another 14,000+ people to die, then you have the logisitcs of clean ups and getting normal life started before looking at sporting events resuming.   I cant see a natural end to this season and the way this is going i can see a destinct possibility next season being cancelled as well

Archived