Tancredi Palmeri / UEFA president Ceferin

Dave Hedgehog

20 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Not really,  i would think overall FIFA have the final say regards anything in world football but UEFA  along with CAF, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF etc will be expected to take their own areas into consideration first.  Europe is fast becoming the epicenter of this outbreak so its only natural that UEFA should take a central role.  I can see UEFA null and voiding the whole season europe wide as the individual leagues feed into their system regards who competes for the UEFA trophies and if a club side decides to go to CAS then the whole competition will grind to a halt while that issue is sorted out.  In short I think UEFA need to make the case to suspend the leagues and reset to last seasons standings when European competition opens again  

So why can confederations be treated differently but not national associations?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zero chance of this season being completed and the only thing to do is to start the season again from scratch once it is safe to do so.

Peak is defined by the number of new infections. Not that the virus has been beaten this is merely a measure of the effectiveness of lockdown. Relax restrictions too soon and back it comes.

My best guess is that we get a half season starting no earlier than December.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Based on their finances they are always going to want that. 

You just can’t give winners trophies and medals to teams that have simply not earned them. 👍

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Based on their finances they are always going to want that. 

You just can’t give winners trophies and medals to teams that have simply not earned them. 👍

Wasn't the precedent set by the Highland League? 🙄😉

First contribution to the Forum.

I reckon that whatever Cowdenbeath say should be the barometer of  how titles are dished out in future......

They are sitting pretty in their table (4th), with no chance of relegation, and an outside chance of getting up via the playoffs.

Wonder how they would feel if  they were rock bottom, and with a chance of getting punted out of the league?

5 minutes ago, Aaalmac 728 said:

I reckon that whatever Cowdenbeath say should be the barometer of  how titles are dished out in future......

They are sitting pretty in their table (4th), with no chance of relegation, and an outside chance of getting up via the playoffs.

Wonder how they would feel if  they were rock bottom, and with a chance of getting punted out of the league?

Spot on. Clubs with a self interest always first to speak. 👍

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Mate I genuinely don’t think there is a rule set in place for this and that’s why no one knows what to do. It’s farcical it’s still being dragged on. The football authorities are proving how incompetent they really are. 

Personally I feel if the spfl could get away with handing celtic the title by now they would have done so!! Maybe something is stopping them? 

here is the perfect sollution

1. top divisions in each country null and void to maintain sporting integrity  (each country can decide on their lower leagues / reconstruction etc)

2. this years champions league and europa league cancelled with all monies due split evenly amongst the 16 teams left in each competition (results / coefficients stand as knockout competition)

3. next years champions league and europa league shortened with no preliminary rounds / playoffs and the 16 teams left in this years competitions compete in next years competitions.

4. the wee diddy 2nd europa league thing is shelved

all happy except celtic and liverpool - awe well, can't please everyone

24 minutes ago, Aaalmac 728 said:

Then you canny listen to anybody because their feelings would change on their teams position:

50 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

At about the same time that you stop becoming an arsehole. Needless to say it’ll be a long wait. Fuck off you patronising twat.

You are not a smart man.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

So why can confederations be treated differently but not national associations?

National associations will take action in the best interests of their club members. Eg celtic crowned champs as it saves a lot of hassle like windows getting tanned etc.   Confederations have to take a "whole of the market" approach and what is right for ALL the member associations under their remit.  Thats why you have confederations, either that or you have 500 clubs all across Europe thinking they have the same rights 

But you know this as you are not daft but this kinda cuts down the fun you have been having  on here.  

17 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

National associations will take action in the best interests of their club members. Eg celtic crowned champs as it saves a lot of hassle like windows getting tanned etc.   Confederations have to take a "whole of the market" approach and what is right for ALL the member associations under their remit.  Thats why you have confederations, either that or you have 500 clubs all across Europe thinking they have the same rights 

But you know this as you are not daft but this kinda cuts down the fun you have been having  on here.  

There's no solution that is right across the board for nations either. Although UEFA have since confirmed it will be left down to national associations:

"It's not a matter for us, it will be up to each league to decide.

"The only issue concerns those players who have contracts or loans expiring on June 30 but that isn't a matter for UEFA, which will only ask for the list of teams that will participate in the next European competitions by a certain date."

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There's no solution that is right across the board for nations either. Although UEFA have since confirmed it will be left down to national associations:

"It's not a matter for us, it will be up to each league to decide. Michele Uva

"The only issue concerns those players who have contracts or loans expiring on June 30 but that isn't a matter for UEFA, which will only ask for the list of teams that will participate in the next European competitions by a certain date."

So now the SPFL can declare their winner without needing UEFA approval. When that happens, you will be coming on here smugly saying " I told you so"

Archived