EFL suspended indefinitely

Virtuoso

I don't think it's ever in doubt that the season will be cancelled. It's a matter of time. 100% sure about that - nothing to the contrary has even crossed my mind for weeks now.

The issue is, them cunts (the SPFL) giving them cunts (celtic) a title they haven't won. 

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't think it's ever in doubt that the season will be cancelled. It's a matter of time. 100% sure about that - nothing to the contrary has even crossed my mind for weeks now.

The issue is, them cunts (the SPFL) giving them cunts (celtic) a title they haven't won. 

Corrupt fucks will be gagging to do it ,get it out there .,They will of course be cowards and wait for another big league to be drawn on the matter first .So they can hide behind that .

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Corrupt fucks will be gagging to do it ,get it out there .,They will of course be cowards and wait for another big league to be drawn on the matter first .So they can hide behind that .

If I remember correctly, our shitebag of a CEO Stewart Robertson is on the SPFL board. He better be fighting this idea just now before it get's to them awarding celtic it.

I've just got zero faith he's doing that. I take the statement a couple of weeks ago (and it was a beauty) but I've felt for a while now we are world class at making statements that tick every box, however we are always too scared to follow them up with meaningful action.

I'm not daft, I know we probably need the SPFL more than they need us. We need to obide by their rules and regulations aswell as having a lot of contractual obligations we need to adhere to, but if celtic get given this title we need to withdraw as much co-operation with Scottish football as legally possible. 

This means (even though the SFA and the press didn't award celtic the title), telling the SFA to get to fuck - by that I mean not letting them use our training complex to prepare for Israel and pimping out our stadium to them or Glasgow council when they want to use it for sporting events, revoking press passes ... sending a bench warmer out to TV interviews and give the most mundane one word answers, revoke all press priv's and do our pre match pressers ourselves, in-house and release it on our social media, sponsors promotions and events send a kid from the youth team to represent us.

Whole host of things like that. We don't owe Scotland or Scottish football a thing.

12 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

This says to me they want to finish it. Or they would just cancel it, indefinitely just means until it’s ready to resume 

This is such an unthinkable situation that they're just kicking it down the road for a bit. The decision is too big for them to face up to at present.

Either they indefinitely put the current season on hold and risk future contracts, or cancel it and accept there will be big problems with the current running contracts.

Insurance shut them down, they didn't and wouldn't have any insurance behind closed doors, no services.  Bien sports has refused point blank to pay ligue one...epl next ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8178177/beIN-SPORTS-withholding-Ligue-1-TV-money-coronavirus-shutdown.html

9 minutes ago, backup said:

Insurance shut them down, they didn't and wouldn't have any insurance behind closed doors, no services.  Bien sports has refused point blank to pay ligue one...epl next ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8178177/beIN-SPORTS-withholding-Ligue-1-TV-money-coronavirus-shutdown.html

Maybe this will be the big leagues collapsing and the smaller leagues rising thanks to Government help 😉

03/04/2020 : With Covid-19 we are confronted by a disease with no cure, analogous to the plagues of history. In view of that I stand by what I posted on AVillaFan in March and then on FB and elsewhere. I share it here now (I should have done this at the time, apologies for the delay).

17/03/2020 : On AVillaFan today the Site Owner Stuart Young posted this question :

COVID-19
With football currently on hold (and rightly so) what do you think the FA should do with the remainder of the season?

My Reply :
17/03/2020 : This coronavirus lockdown will probably continue beyond the scheduled end of the 2019-2020 Season. It will probably impact the 2020-2021 Season too. The lockdown should logically continue until a vaccine is created and (like the flu jab) has been administered nationwide (and world wide).
If we assume a vaccine has become available and administered by the end of this calendar year (2020), then to me the logic for football would be to scrap the 2020-2021 Season and play out the remainder of this Season, 2019-2020, from early 2021 instead. This to cover all domestic League and Cup and all European Club competitions, but not international matches.
Season 2020-2021 would become a lost Season, joining the other Seasons lost to World Wars I and II, but the current Season would be completed properly and fairly, albeit a year late.

3 hours ago, Gman36 said:

This is such an unthinkable situation that they're just kicking it down the road for a bit. The decision is too big for them to face up to at present.

Either they indefinitely put the current season on hold and risk future contracts, or cancel it and accept there will be big problems with the current running contracts.

Sensible post of the day here:tu: and so right " kicking it down the road " like an old burst ball ..............Games over and every cunt knows it 

Archived