Neil McCanns Greatest XI

57 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

😄 I was at the game and I know what I saw. Kahn running 35 yards up the pitch to foul Mols and on the way down poor Mike's knee went. Which led to him missing a lot of games and he never really discovered or achieved the potential he had shown pre said injury.

Nothing flawed about an opinion....fuck sake I reminded myself of Dude there...😜

Watch from 3.50.

Yeah and it's exactly as I remember it. Kahn has no business being that far from his goal making a sliding tackle which after the contact with Mols it results in Mols getting his knee fucked on landing. 

No myth here as far as I can see. 

I didn't claim it was a Simpson on Durrant or a Keane on Haaland tackle were he obviously"done him" (as Keane said as much in his book.)

My point/opinion remains. If Kahn doesn't make that tackle then Mols stays fit and we would all get to see just how much of a potent striker he could have been. 

10 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Yeah and it's exactly as I remember it. Kahn has no business being that far from his goal making a sliding tackle which after the contact with Mols it results in Mols getting his knee fucked on landing. 

No myth here as far as I can see. 

I didn't claim it was a Simpson on Durrant or a Keane on Haaland tackle were he obviously"done him" (as Keane said as much in his book.)

My point/opinion remains. If Kahn doesn't make that tackle then Mols stays fit and we would all get to see just how much of a potent striker he could have been. 

Mental gymnastics.

He's come out to get to a ball as last man and its broke to Mols. If he doesn't go for the ball again Mols could chip him into an empty net. It's a brilliant piece of goalkeeping.

You also said initially he's run '35 yards up the pitch to foul Mols,' he's done nothing of the sort. Completely clean challenge.

38 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mental gymnastics.

He's come out to get to a ball as last man and its broke to Mols. If he doesn't go for the ball again Mols could chip him into an empty net. It's a brilliant piece of goalkeeping.

You also said initially he's run '35 yards up the pitch to foul Mols,' he's done nothing of the sort. Completely clean challenge.

It took you all day to come up with that ? And for the record you are wrong. X

Probably best we just agree to disagree. We obviously see it very differently.

In my defence at the game on the nighy it happened I was half cut having been on the bevvy since the bus left The Red Lion so it looked 35 yards. 

But last man and clean challenge are proven to be incorrect in the footage. Kahn wins the ball but connects with Mols and that contributed to the horrific knee injury that robbed us of a potentially top class striker. Which I believe was my initial point. 

Night night I've got work in the morning.

One of the biggest 'what ifs' in our history if Mols had managed to ride that challenge without wrecking his knee. Potential CL winners.

The level Mols was playing at was better than Larsson albeit they're two different types of centre forwards. We were robbed of seeing what that Michael Mols could do against the scum.

Archived