Club statement | Members resolution proposal

OceanRain

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You might want to double check that one. I can categorically say youre absolutely wrong. 

Well from my experience and I live in Falkirk they are just like a smaller version of Hearts ,That being the older guys ,guys who are getting towards their 60s and older who are Falkirk fans almost all have Rangers as a 2nd team ,same with most of the older guys I know from Edinburgh who are Jambos ,

Only ever heard 1 reason for it ,brotherhood 

Almost all under 50 though from both sides can’t stand us now though 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Well from my experience and I live in Falkirk they are just like a smaller version of Hearts ,That being the older guys ,guys who are getting towards their 60s and older who are Falkirk fans almost all have Rangers as a 2nd team ,same with most of the older guys I know from Edinburgh who are Jambos ,

They've put a statement out saying they are voting against it. 

Im also local to Falkirk and have worked particularly closely with them this season. 

Plenty there who still have a lot of time for us. 

Just now, The Dude said:

They've put a statement out saying they are voting against it. 

Im also local to Falkirk and have worked particularly closely with them this season. 

Plenty there who still have a lot of time for us. 

If your talking about board level than that could be a different ball game,The support generally can’t stand us ,well under 50 anyway 

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Becuase the remaining budget is dependent on clubs final league position. Cant pay out a reward based on where they finish if they haven't finished. 

Thats in the current rules, in your opinion.

Are you saying a resolution couldnt have been raised against that but can against terminating the league early?

In fact, to simplify, the spfl couldnt have a resolution re paying out the remaining budget as a standalone issue?

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

If your talking about board level than that could be a different ball game,The support generally can’t stand us ,well under 50 anyway 

I am. And that's who will be doing the voting. Dunno if you read the quotes I posted earlier...but...😉

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Are you saying a resolution couldnt have been raised against that but can against terminating the league early?

In fact, to simplify, the spfl couldnt have a resolution re paying out the remaining budget as a standalone issue?

Not in my opinion. That's when the final payment is due. 

A resolution could have been raised. None of the 42 member clubs (including ours) did. 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not in my opinion. That's when the final payment is due. 

A resolution could have been raised. None of the 42 member clubs (including ours) did. 

Again, i t doesnt state that, you've interpreted it that way. 

The whole of the Net Commercial Revenues referable to any one Season shall, subject to Article 153.3 (this is the table of payments starting position 1  at 13.4% to position 42 at 0.18% share) be paid as fee payments to the Clubs participating in the League during the relevant Season in accordance with their respective League positions, determined in accordance with the Rules, as set out in Table A in Article 153.2.

Reading the above, in relation to the current circumstances, the rule imposed fits well with paying out based on respective league positions. Those positions being determined by the Rules ie membership, participation etc. The determining league position based on rules is about how positions are got to, not when they're got to. Respective positions rather than final positions.

I agree this rule is normally implemented at the end of the league season but dont see that explicitly defined here.  If the rules exist and can  be imposed fairly today, theres no need to link completion of the league to them.

So the were given the opportunity to lead and chose to fuck it up by combining it with league termination. They didnt do what they could have and now a club, ours, have. Agreed.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye it is based on what the SPFL are telling them. What I'm suggesting is, based on clubs having their own concerns over their commercial deals if null and void happens, it may well be a similar scenario with the SPFL.

Why would it benefit the commercial deals if the season ends with the board picking  who loses/wins against the league finishing as is with no winner or loser. 
Surely all they’re concerned about is tv viewings, games played etc which won’t happen with either scenario. 

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It’s sad to see .The more you debate with him.The more he appears to run rings round you .In his head of course 

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Becuase the remaining budget is dependent on clubs final league position. Cant pay out a reward based on where they finish if they haven't finished. 

So we can give away a League trophy without finishing but fuck giving clubs money until we know where they finished.

That's fenian logic.

If they are ending this early and looks like they will be, should be splitting the total prize fund equally among the twelve teams. 

There will be a legal challenge from Hearts and the lower league relegated teams so this will drag on for months. League ‘winners’ will have an asterisk against this one for sporting integrity.

35 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

So 25% of 42 clubs need to vote no which is 11 clubs?  Could be a close vote if the potential play off teams are not happy.

Think this will be a lot closer than we initially thought ,Another it thing that I’m thinking ,Remember Stewart Milne’s comment about Lieswell having too much control over the game in this country ,Well there will be no way he’s the only one with that view and this could be also seen as an opportunity to go against them ,I know a lot of clubs are desperate for some cash but some of the part time teams won’t have such a pressing cash flow issue than some of the full time clubs higher up the tier 

Monday night will be interesting 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Think this will be a lot closer than we initially thought ,Another it thing that I’m thinking ,Remember Stewart Milne’s comment about Lieswell having too much control over the game in this country ,Well there will be no way he’s the only one with that view and this could be also seen as an opportunity to go against them ,I know a lot of clubs are desperate for some cash but some of the part time teams won’t have such a pressing cash flow issue than some of the full time clubs higher up the tier 

Monday night will be interesting 

Seemingly the sheep have voted against the filth getting the league,along with us and Hearts.

11 minutes ago, Sket said:

Seemingly the sheep have voted against the filth getting the league,along with us and Hearts.

Iv had a wee inkling that they would ,not just because of their borderline league position but the guy that took over from Milne ,He was in the job only a few days and came out with a statement along the lines of fuck Lieswell and was basically told to go back in his box ,He will have no time for the regime either 

On 09/04/2020 at 00:06, magic8ball said:

I think that is pretty accurate . We can't prove it but i believe it . Most young ones nowadays believe all the negative headlines we get in the red tops . The last 8 years have been very damaging with all the young supporters of other clubs . Not that it really matters . 

It's what matters in their boardrooms .And i firmly believe Slanty eyes will have sussed them all out by now and have the necessary ones fall into line 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is it me or are our statements bloody brilliant recently?

Certainly not missing the intended targets thats for sure. 

But will it make a difference with the corrupt Spfl they seem to get  away with everything for 1 glasgow club and not enough fight from the other teams in our division .  

Archived