Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

I've said before. In the 80's their papal master stood on a platform in Glasgow and told them - demanded them - to work their way to the forefront in their country and exert their influence. 

What we see around us these days is a direct result of that. 

They have most things sewn up and it's getting worse by the day. 

That is the exact reason her and I moved out of the city - soon it will be over run by the great unwashed. 

Selling an east end street to a football club for a quid was the start of it and out of order. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Running with Cormack phonecall.

Aberdeen and Hearts give backing to Rangers’ call for independent inquiry into SPFL voting farce

The S*n (Stewart Fisher)

-------------‐-------------------

ABERDEEN and Hearts have given their backing to Rangers' calls for an independent inquiry into the handling of last weekend's controversial SPFL vote.

But both have stopped short of falling into line with the Ibrox side's call for the suspension of chief executive Neil Doncaster and the league's legal adviser Rod McKenzie while the process is ongoing.

Aberdeen managing director Dave Cormack and Hearts owner Ann Budge confirmed their positions during BBC Sportsound, with Cormack adding the claim that he has a verbal guarantee from the SPFL board that the Premiership season won't be cancelled without the say so of the top-flight clubs.

While last weekend's controversial league resolution officially called the lower divisions and handed the power to do likewise to the board in the event that it deems that matches cannot be completed due to the coronavirus crisis, the Dons feel a complex vote was "forced down their throats".

Hoping all along to ensure that a 75% vote of the 12 top flight clubs decides on the final positions on the Premiership table, the Aberdeen chief executive confirmed that his club were undecided at 4.40pm when he had a telephone conversation with Doncaster.

While Cormack said that the requisite nine votes from Premier clubs had already been received, rendering his vote irrelevant, the chief executive said that his concerns would be taken to the board.

Cormack said: "I could almost repeat what Ann has said.  We owe it to ourselves and the fans to right this situation and bring back credibility.

"We would like to see an independent investigation.

"Someone independent has to chair it because if we don't I'm not sure anyone will believe it.

"What we were trying to do was negotiate a position in writing that the 12 clubs would make that decision.

"At 4.40pm we were effectively told we had got their nine votes and they didn't need ours.

"I didn't have a problem with Neil getting involved, he didn't push us either way on the conversations we had.

"We were negotiating for the board of the SPFL to agree that any decision on ending the Premiership would be taken by 75% of the clubs.

"To Neil's credit, he said he would take that to the board and that was going to be whenever they were going to meet, maybe an hour or so later.

"And so at that point in time we made a decision to go with the lower league teams plus an assurance verbally that no decision [on calling the Premiership] would be made or will be made until the majority of the SPFL clubs are on board.

"We need to sit down as 12 Premiership clubs and have that discussion. How can you make a decision when you don't know what Uefa's position is?"

Cormack feels more debate and discussion is required, not to mention feasibility studies about actually completing the season, perhaps behind closed doors as England are currently considering.

"Lets look at closed doors, the English Premiership and the EFL right now, there is documentation about them finishing their leagues but I am assure that this work starts on Monday, it is really important that the executive run by Neil to take them "

On league reconstruction, the Dons are in favour of expanding the league to 14-teams for one season, or possibly two, but not engaging in permanent reconstruction talks.

"I learned a long time ago in business that the worst time to make any decisions in business is during a crisis.

"We have always been supportive of looking at the Partick Thistle scenario, we are for looking at  14-team premiership for one season if it takes one or two seasons, we think that is the right thing to do. Vote for a temporary suspension but not a permanent one. "

Earlier, Budge had added her admitted that she supported Rangers in their calls for an independent probe into the voting but said she had no clues about any evidence the Ibrox side may claim to have against the likes of Doncaster and the league's legal adviser Rod McKenzie.

She said: "I do support them [Rangers] on that. There has been so much negativity, this has reached such heights that I think without an independent review it isn't going to go away.

"I think it would be the right thing to do. I think it would identify that mistakes were made, and things weren't handled in the right manner. "

50 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need to ask the English FA to man the inquiry. 

Yes, but I don't see that happening in this Scotland!  It's the only way I would have confidence in a genuinely impartial investigation though. Don't trust any of the figures from the Scottish legal world or public life here.  I was a senior academic - maybe they might ask me?  

Here’s something I don’t understand, if they had 9 votes in the spl why would he prioritise a phone call to Aberdeen and not Dundee, if the top flight vote was passed but the championship vote was still in the balance you would surely phone Dundee first, what’s the timeline of the Aberdeen phone call and the lost Dundee vote?

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

You made me get nosy ,she’s the one on the left ,reckon I would have a 3 some wi her and Michelle McManus ,only on a Tuesday though so I could get 2 for 1 at dominoes to keep fatty amused 😂

B06AB200-3910-46E2-A001-45E08332A239.png

She is totally different to how I imagined her. I think I imagined her as a Michelle McManus type as well. It must be her name. It’s a fat persons name IMO!

5 minutes ago, jintybear said:

She is totally different to how I imagined her. I think I imagined her as a Michelle McManus type as well. It must be her name. It’s a fat persons name IMO!

I think this one is the one that counts 

I take it all back about her being classy lady :ohmy:

Herbiston.jpg

26 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Aberdeen and Hearts give backing to Rangers’ call for independent inquiry into SPFL voting farce

The S*n (Stewart Fisher)

ABERDEEN and Hearts have given their backing to Rangers' calls for an independent inquiry into the handling of last weekend's controversial SPFL vote.

But both have stopped short of falling into line with the Ibrox side's call for the suspension of chief executive Neil Doncaster and the league's legal adviser Rod McKenzie while the process is ongoing.

Aberdeen managing director Dave Cormack and Hearts owner Ann Budge confirmed their positions during BBC Sportsound, with Cormack adding the claim that he has a verbal guarantee from the SPFL board that the Premiership season won't be cancelled without the say so of the top-flight clubs.

While last weekend's controversial league resolution officially called the lower divisions and handed the power to do likewise to the board in the event that it deems that matches cannot be completed due to the coronavirus crisis, the Dons feel a complex vote was "forced down their throats".

Hoping all along to ensure that a 75% vote of the 12 top flight clubs decides on the final positions on the Premiership table, the Aberdeen chief executive confirmed that his club were undecided at 4.40pm when he had a telephone conversation with Doncaster.

While Cormack said that the requisite nine votes from Premier clubs had already been received, rendering his vote irrelevant, the chief executive said that his concerns would be taken to the board.

Cormack said: "I could almost repeat what Ann has said.  We owe it to ourselves and the fans to right this situation and bring back credibility.

"Someone independent has to chair it because if we don't I'm not sure anyone will believe it.

"What we were trying to do was negotiate a position in writing that the 12 clubs would make that decision.

"At 4.40pm we were effectively told we had got their nine votes and they didn't need ours.

"I didn't have a problem with Neil getting involved, he didn't push us either way on the conversations we had.

"We were negotiating for the board of the SPFL to agree that any decision on ending the Premiership would be taken by 75% of the clubs.

"To Neil's credit, he said he would take that to the board and that was going to be whenever they were going to meet, maybe an hour or so later.

"And so at that point in time we made a decision to go with the lower league teams plus an assurance verbally that no decision [on calling the Premiership] would be made or will be made until the majority of the SPFL clubs are on board.

"We need to sit down as 12 Premiership clubs and have that discussion. How can you make a decision when you don't know what Uefa's position is?"

Cormack feels more debate and discussion is required, not to mention feasibility studies about actually completing the season, perhaps behind closed doors as England are currently considering.

"Lets look at closed doors, the English Premiership and the EFL right now, there is documentation about them finishing their leagues but I am assure that this work starts on Monday, it is really important that the executive run by Neil to take them "

On league reconstruction, the Dons are in favour of expanding the league to 14-teams for one season, or possibly two, but not engaging in permanent reconstruction talks.

"I learned a long time ago in business that the worst time to make any decisions in business is during a crisis.

"We have always been supportive of looking at the Partick Thistle scenario, we are for looking at  14-team premiership for one season if it takes one or two seasons, we think that is the right thing to do. Vote for a temporary suspension but not a permanent one. "

Earlier, Budge had added her admitted that she supported Rangers in their calls for an independent probe into the voting but said she had no clues about any evidence the Ibrox side may claim to have against the likes of Doncaster and the league's legal adviser Rod McKenzie.

She said: "I do support them [Rangers] on that. There has been so much negativity, this has reached such heights that I think without an independent review it isn't going to go away.

"I think it would be the right thing to do. I think it would identify that mistakes were made, and things weren't handled in the right manner. "

I listened to this on the radio today while driving and couldn't believe Doncaster phoned Cormack to say they already had 9 yes votes and didn't have to vote. Things don't add up here, Doncaster shouldn't be calling  club chairmen during a live vote and time for him to go .

37 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

***Ayr United Statement***

Lachlan Cameron, Chairman

--------------------------------

The season is over, but the drama has only begun. Although the next few weeks/months will be filled with some uncertainty and confusion for supporters of all clubs, I can assure you that we at Ayr United will do our best to represent the club and all of Scottish Football to the best of our abilities.

The league ending vote was a very stressful event for a lot of clubs and no one wanted to end the season this way. However, it is/was obviously unreasonable to expect the season to be finished with the 36 games played as there is no way we would have been able to complete before running into contract problems etc.

The best and fairest solution then, would have been to make the season null and void and we would all restart from the beginning whenever we were allowed. It was made clear to the clubs though that this was not possible as it would create potential issues with sponsors and affiliates.

The unseemly result was the decision to declare the season complete with the teams at the top gaining promotion and the teams at the bottom of the Premiership, Championship and league one suffering relegation. It was obviously not ideal and has many flaws, however, it was the best that could be expected given the scenario which is why we grudgingly voted yes. The idea of dragging this out further and withholding money from all of the clubs was unacceptable and surely would have led to some clubs collapsing.

None of this should take away from the accomplishment by Ayr United of finishing in fourth position for the second year in a row. Congratulations are in order for Mark Kerr and his staff, players, all employees, the Academy and of course, our supporters. I’m very pleased for all of us who have a vested interest in the exploits of Ayr United FC and I’m looking forward to shaking off the Coronavirus haze hanging over all of us and seeing what we can achieve next season.

Speaking of next season, I along with multiple representatives of football in Scotland have been appointed to the league reconstruction task force committee. I am pleased to have been selected and I look forward to helping where I can. Historically, I have been fairly vocal in my beliefs on what the league structure should be and although I don’t expect that to change, I will be going into this with a long term view on how the leagues should be reconstructed and not just what kind band aid we could use to cover this seasons wounds.

I don’t yet know what the specific objectives are of the task force and I’m not clear on what time frame we are working on yet. Even though I think I know how this will work, I am not fully aware of what the exact procedures/voting structure would be involved with any reconstruction. I look forward to finding out on Monday. I won’t be saying much more on this until after the reconstruction group finishes its objective as it wouldn’t be appropriate.

Finally, I want to thank all of you who have helped out the club financially and otherwise during these difficult times through the AU 500 fund, buying tickets to the Player of the Year event, pre ordering the strips etc. and of course the Lottery as well as those who have helped in other ways.

This Virus has affected us all in some way or another and in doing so has effected the way we go about our lives. I consider myself very lucky in that I have all of my family at home, and I get to go to work every day (my company is considered an essential business) and I don’t have any underlying health conditions that make this disease so dangerous. Others are not so lucky and I really feel for all the elderly people out there, the people with underlying health conditions and the people with young children who are probably bored out of their minds at home etc. with no real end in sight. I especially feel for those who have contracted the virus and are going through the various stages. I have known a few who have had it and currently have it and there are some in our own Ayr United community going through it just now and I wish them a speedy and safe recovery and I hope they know that many people are thinking about them or praying for them or otherwise just supporting them in some way.

Football may not be important in many people’s eyes when compared to the Coronavirus, but I would say that football is what gets some of us through each day, week, month and year. Playing it, watching it, coaching it, arguing about it, reminiscing about it and having it as part of our DNA. When Ayr United start training and playing football again it will be one of the first steps in getting us all back to normality and that will be a great thing. We hope to see you all soon when that happens. Until then, stay safe and help others when you can.

Once again the lie repeated that declaring winners and relegation was the only way to release the money. 
Again this alone should be grounds for an independent inquiry, as the people running the SPFL blatantly lied. 

The question has to be asked why??

Why was Null & Void not acceptable but declaring was, it had the same result no more football??

Has anyone actually asked the sponsors and affiliates their view on this??

Why was the Chief Ex of the SPFL phoning around the clubs declaring what votes had been made before the deadline??

FFS Scottish Football grow a fucking spine and stop sucking on the Fenians dick for crumbs, look at the state of our game, have a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really do have the games best interests at heart when you make decisions. 

2 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

I listened to this on the radio today while driving and couldn't believe Doncaster phoned Cormack to say they already had 9 yes votes and didn't have to vote. Things don't add up here, Rangers and Hearts voted NO. Dundee initially voted NO  or missing, so don't get where his 9 yes votes all came from without the sheep vote. Maybe Doncaster failed basic arithmetic at school.

Dundee are not in our league.

12 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

I listened to this on the radio today while driving and couldn't believe Doncaster phoned Cormack to say they already had 9 yes votes and didn't have to vote. Things don't add up here, Rangers and Hearts voted NO. Dundee initially voted NO  or missing, so don't get where his 9 yes votes all came from without the sheep vote. Maybe Doncaster failed basic arithmetic at school.

So did you mate.

Dundee don't count as they  are in different division.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Would rather it was disbanded and started again from scratch. The issue is that there is far too much taig weeds woven all over the legislation. A complete clean slate that is Lawwell free is the only way forward.

The spfl needs to be independently chaired and run by outsiders of scottish football who have no ties to any of the clubs imo.

34 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

The S*n (Stewart Fisher)

Thought. ?     Cormack was contacted because Aberdeen were the stooge.  Prior to the vote, a promise if you vote yes, we'll give you xxxxxx, I'll give you a ring in case we need your vote.

Scottish footballs embarrassing week making news in the USA.

Sports Illustrated wrote : "Scottish football’s true self, it turns out to nobody’s great surprise, is farcically chaotic and riven with self-interest." 

They surmise: "This farce will drag on, and it’s entirely possible it will eventually be decided in the courts."

The Americans are not surprised at our game being “farcically chaotic and riven with self interest”.

Well done Liewell and Doncaster you couple of fuds. 

8 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Thought. ?     Cormack was contacted because Aberdeen were the stooge.  Prior to the vote, a promise if you vote yes, we'll give you xxxxxx, I'll give you a ring in case we need your vote.

I don't see what the sheep had to gain here.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From the Ayr statement:

The best and fairest solution then, would have been to make the season null and void and we would all restart from the beginning whenever we were allowed. It was made clear to the clubs though that this was not possible as it would create potential issues with sponsors and affiliates

Not possible due to potential issues. Not established or confirmed issues. What issues, with whom, at what confirmed cost?  No one seems to have the detail, all seem to continue quoting theyve been told about potential issues so accept it being ruled out. Had it even been discussed or just taken right off the table as it didnt suit.

You know what should happen then ... all these "sponsors and affiliates" .... get Club1872 on the case with a big list of them all .... tag each and every one of those companies/businesses in it and call for the biggest Bear-backed boycott of all these companies and their products ever seen.

Apathy is rife within our support, so it might not make an impact but I think we need to try something.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

You know what should happen then ... all these "sponsors and affiliates" .... get Club1872 on the case with a big list of them all .... tag each and every one of those companies/businesses in it and call for the biggest Bear-backed boycott of all these companies and their products ever seen.

Apathy is rife within our support, so it might not make an impact but I think we need to try something.

Aye, I've telt her not to buy anymore green vegetables.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Why are the sheep and ayr coming out from under their rocks now? Where were they last week?

That's a decent question. I think as time goes by, they are beginning to see that the reason given for having the resolution is not true.

Archived