Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

22 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

The incumbent footballing governance in Scotland, as many on here would agree, has been usurped atm, by like minded place men who are no friends to us or our club, polar opposite tbh. 

I’ve commented in the past re our position in modern day Scotland as I see it. If football rivalry was all that separated us from so many in the country (I include opposition clubs, boards, fans some players, MSM, politicians, press broadcasters/ pundits etc) I could happily live with that, it’s healthy and happens all over the world.

Unfortunately vitriol is driven towards Rangers and the Rangers family as a whole by bigoted stories of regurgitated oppression, religious intolerance, lack of respect for an indigenous culture, political ambition, greed and just plain jealousy of past accomplishments. We have been cast as Union Jack waving insular bigots/ thugs, who have cheated and stolen our way to success and victory, a culture has emerged where pride in the union/ nation is sensationalised as ‘anti’ (Irish, catholic, Scottish, take your pick I could go on and on...) instead of just pro British, an alliance that has served the 4 nations well and allowed us to prosper whilst upholding the very freedoms that allow all to have a voice in society. 

I’ll get off of the soap box shortly, but today of all days when I see the general supportive attitude of the country to the 75th VE Day celebration, and the events some of my fellow ex servicemen are attending it genuinely sickens me at some of the nonsense written (due to their upbringing) by some who feel it’s their duty to demean anything who dares to be associated with being British, a royalist or dare I say a fan of Rangers. Bottom line is, the confrontation with the SPFL and it’s influencing ‘entity’ was always coming and I sincerely hope we can sustain the pressure necessary to force change going forward...

Here here. Great post.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Following internal discussions amongst the Gibraltar FA Board of Directors and the Governance & Strategy Board, as well as discussions with the Gibraltar Football League Association, it has been decided that the 2019-2020 Gibraltar National League season will be declared Null and Void, and therefore, the National League Championship Title will remain vacant without a Domestic Champion.

Although the Gibraltar FA acknowledged that the current standings placed Europa FC in a favourable position to ultimately go on to win the title, there was still sufficient chance for St Joseph’s FC to overtake them and proceed to winning the title themselves. The Gibraltar FA therefore concluded that in the interests of sporting integrity, it could not declare a Champion without completion of the remaining matches.

This decision will be communicated to UEFA, along with confirmation of the three Clubs representing Gibraltar in next season’s UEFA Club Competitions.

They have done the exact thing I have been banging on about the whole fucking time. 

Sporting Integrity ☑️

Teams all treated equally ☑️

Some teams unhappy? Of course.

Some teams happy? Of course.

The sensible decision? The fucking only one. ☑️

26 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

So the Spfl are going to look at what potential punishments they can hand out to us ?  :bangbang:

Is that yet another veiled threat? Fuck me 😂 it gets better every day!

24 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Can we not just sort this all out with a fucking square go...what is this pish all about ?

The letter states that the SPFL has been "asked by a number of clubs" if action will be taken over "gross breaches of confidentiality" in the Rangers dossier. It says the issue will be returned to after the EGM.

Aye very good. :ycv: Come ahead ya bunch a cunts.

Don’t get this - we, as a member, circulate info in a members group.

Someone put it out to the press.

Was it us? If so, maybe a case.

Of not us - somebody else in the firing line, surely?

10 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We've had endless chances through the years to do things like this to the gutter press but never do it.

I've said for years now, withdraw as much co-operation as contractually possible with Scottish football and that includes the media.

We don't owe the media anything. When The Sun and The Record and others have contributors, editors, journo's in the mould of Jackson, Leckie, Sutton, Stewart, Forsyth etc writing constant bile about us, our fans and players then the decision should be easy to remove the priv's of the Scottish media.

Cancel their press passes, no stories or interviews (even if it's for our benefit to get a story out there) and do all our media work in-house on our channels. Have Scottish football that obsess over us look on into our channels and give us the hits and we control 100% of the content and output.

Anything we are contractually obliged to do, send out Andy Firth to give one word responses or something.

Until we grow a set of balls and go down these routes fuck-all will ever change. Sick saying it till' I'm blue in the face.

We owe Scotland and Scottish football nothing. Respect is a two-way street - let them come to us with an attitude change. Until then they get fuck-all.

100%, mate. 

Great post.

6 hours ago, Swally said:

Have to be honest, I didn't think much of Stewart Robertson, and was on the edge of not liking him. I just felt he was ineffective and weak.  After all of this I'm starting to see I've been a bit too hasty with my assessment of him. He seems intelligent, and like you say doesn't inflame. He is just stating facts without emotion. If this ever did go to court we are in a far stronger position due to this type of professionalism.

Having someone from the club rant and rave about corruption, bullying and lies might feel good for a short time, but it would simply make us worse off than we already are. This is like a game of chess, and we can't have anyone banging the board scattering all the pieces and calling the other party a cunt, because we forfeit the game.

:tu:

Spot on mate ..... Doncaster is a dangerous parrot ..... McLennan and Mckenzie are rabid mouthpieces .... all together they are stooges who dance to Lawwell's tune.

We have all ridiculed them for their flagrant outbursts against us ..... what makes it worse is that they were wrong every time.

Robertson has been the only steady flame in this difficult situation ....... and like you I was not a fan ...... but he is now showing to be exactly what we need right now ... in having a cool calm matter of fact confident attitude.

Raised voices are for the football pitch and better left at team management level for best results ..... whereas calm assured conveyance of the facts .... will in this case silence the doubters and steal their thunder ..... and in most cases get a positive result.

🇬🇧

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Don’t get this - we, as a member, circulate info in a members group.

Someone put it out to the press.

Was it us? If so, maybe a case.

Of not us - somebody else in the firing line, surely?

I think the charge would be SR as a SPFL board member releasing board meeting info in the dossier. That said all board meetings should be minuted and member clubs entitled to see the minutes. Does raise an interesting point. They claimed we said clubs had reported they were bullied and coerced and the SPFL board kept saying "show us the evidence". Now they are making a claim clubs want us punished surely they need to publish the evidence in support of  that if this is the case. 

35 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Just wonder what Ian Maxwell thinks of all of this. His name being used on a letter sent before the vote was taken. What was said to him? Was he aware that no vote had taken place? Surely he would have? Has he been genuinely duped? I think someone has to ask the question as the SFA (OK I know) have been implicated in a potential fraud

At best he is naive, counter-signing a letter that is not factual.  He should have queried the claim within it or asked for a rewrite if he wasn’t happy with the content.

He knew what he signed and therefore endorsed it as a true reflection of the situation.  

He can’t deny it.

No wonder clubs are afraid of repercussions if they tell their stories of being bullied, when the governing body acts aggressively to genuine corporate complaints. I don't think they'll be enough to clubs who will vote for an Independent inquiry. 

The SPFL are forgetting it's not just Rangers who have genuine concerns, there are the two other clubs who agreed to a GM who have voiced concern, then there is the clubs who were bullied who have voiced concern to Rangers and lastly there is the whistle blower/s who has been brave enough to come forward and reveal to Rangers serious maladministration. 

My guess is that the UEFA sporting integrity officer will be informed of SPFL breaches related to football and the SPFL breaches in corporate governance will be reported to company house. I can see this going to court.

I'm reading on the STV website that the SPFL have sent out a memo to the clubs asking them NOT to vote for an independent investigation at the upcoming EGM. 

:lol: 

Surely to fuck that's the biggest admission of guilt you'll ever see?

Any club worth their salt and half a brain cell must look at that and say "hold on a minute - what have they got to hide?"

If they are citing costs involved, then what we should do is say we will put up the 500k (or whatever the cost is) to pay for it.

Draw up a legally-binding contract that states when the evidence of wrongdoing is found and our allegations proven and we are vindicated, we are refunded the money.

If there's nothing found, then fair enough. We got it wrong and it's on us. We take the financial hit and apologise. 

Or the third option ... you admit all wrongdoing, the people involve step down with immediate effect and you issue a sincere apology to Rangers and the rest of Scottish football and we all move on and look towards rebuilding the SPFL with no 500k costs for an independent investigation laid out by anyone.

I don't think any of them stances/scenarios are unreasonable and unfair.

56 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The hatred and disdain from the SPFL to a member club is honestly remarkable btw. 

Desperate to continue to have a stranglehold on the rest of Scottish football to ensure the tarriers get their way. 

Btw how come since 1999 everyone in Scottish football is a mason but the past month they’re upstanding guys and nothing to worry about? Funny that

Don’t worry the Masonic wing will be out in force next time we get a debatable throw in 

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Spot on mate ..... Doncaster is a dangerous parrot ..... McLennon and Mckenzie are rabid mouthpieces .... all together they are stooges who dance to Lawwell's tune.

We have all ridiculed them for their flagrant outbursts against us ..... what makes it worse is that they were wrong every time.

Robertson has been the only steady flame in this difficult situation ....... and like you I was not a fan ...... but he is now showing to be exactly what we need right now ... in having a cool calm matter of fact confident attitude.

Raised voices are for the football pitch and better left at team management level for best results ..... whereas calm assured conveyance of the facts .... will in this case silence the doubters and steal their thunder ..... and in most cases get a positive result.

🇬🇧

Just imagine our stance was even slightly more aggressive. The SPFL and the media are already saying we are attacking and saying we are saying they’re corrupt - both lies. What would they be saying if there was anything said by us considered even slightly inflammatory?

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

“There’s absolutely no evidence of bullying by the SPFL, none at all”

CBCA9842-34C1-426F-817D-F28755905B4C.thumb.jpeg.2ec85d979981b1a896683396583c4267.jpeg

It's another deflection tactic by the SPFL to stop the media asking them questions.

54 minutes ago, Alwaysblue said:

Just wonder what Ian Maxwell thinks of all of this. His name being used on a letter sent before the vote was taken. What was said to him? Was he aware that no vote had taken place? Surely he would have? Has he been genuinely duped? I think someone has to ask the question as the SFA (OK I know) have been implicated in a potential fraud

I think if SSB interviewed him and asked those questions they may get another scoop.

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

No wonder clubs are afraid of repercussions if they tell their stories of being bullied, when the governing body acts aggressively to genuine corporate complaints. I don't think they'll be enough to clubs who will vote for an Independent inquiry. The SPFL are forgetting it's not just Rangers who have genuine concerns, there are the but two other clubs who agreed to a GM who have voiced concern, then there is the clubs who were bullied who have voiced concern to Rangers and lastly there is the whistle blower/s who has been brave enough to come forward and reveal to Rangers serious maladministration. My guess is that the UEFA sporting integrity officer will be informed of SPFL breaches related to football and the SPFL breaches in corporate governance will be reported to company house. I can see this going to court.

Excellent post.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm reading on the STV website that the SPFL have sent out a memo to the clubs asking them NOT to vote for an independent investigation at the upcoming EGM. 

:lol: 

Surely to fuck that's the biggest admission of guilt you'll ever see?

Any club worth their salt and half a brain cell must look at that and say "hold on a minute - what have they got to hide?"

If they are citing costs involved, then what we should do is say we will put up the 500k (or whatever the cost is) to pay for it.

Draw up a legally-binding contract that states when the evidence of wrongdoing is found and our allegations proven and we are vindicated, we are refunded the money.

If there's nothing found, then fair enough. We got it wrong and it's on us. We take the financial hit and apologise. 

Or the third option ... you admit all wrongdoing, the people involve step down with immediate effect and you issue a sincere apology to Rangers and the rest of Scottish football and we all move on and look towards rebuilding the SPFL with no 500k costs for an independent investigation laid out by anyone.

I don't think any of them stances/scenarios are unreasonable and unfair.

And that’s why the spfl would tell you to gtf.

Archived