Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

30 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If I was Douglas Park, I'd be getting in touch with this SPFL cabal tonight and say last chance, because, if our motion at the EGM for an independent enquiry tomorrow falls short of the votes needed, the very next thing we'll be doing is tabling a vote of no confidence in the lot of you and get you that way.

So if I were you's and, as you keep saying have done nothing wrong, so if you've nothing to hide, grant the request voluntarily (which we'll pay for) and if there's no wrong doing you'll obviously keep your positions. Doing it our way, you're defo goners.

What do you have to lose?

Or is there something I'm missing here as to why it can't be as black and white as that? 

No that would be trying to do to them exactly what the SPFL has been accused of and we do not want to be tarred with the same brush.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It's hard to gauge but if you note down the teams who are defo voting for it and include the teams who have issued statements since the fiasco vote it might be pretty close.

Rangers
Hearts
Aberdeen
Inverness CT
Falkirk
Partick Thistle
Dumbarton
East Stirling
Stenhousemuir 
Clyde 
East Fife 
Stranraer 
Ayr United 
Edinburgh City (rumoured) 

There's rumours about Hibs not being happy, talk a few weeks ago Livingston weren't .... if all that's correct that's 16 and a kick in the balls off half.

I know Kelty and Brora aren't in the vote, but it's another two voices putting pressure on regardless.

Obviously celtic, Hamilton, Dundee, Dundee United, Alloa, Brechin, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and St Mirren aren't going to vote for it - that's 9 you can count out ... in fact make that 10 if that prick that used to play for us that runs Morton's comments a few weeks ago are anything to go by too.

Obviously that's all a bit fag packet math but there's every chance if I'm in the ball park 50% is attainable.

Cheers mate, I  suppose we just have to hope that as many as possible decide to back what is right and not hide behind the Liewell cabal.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

@British_Empire how do we know, or think we know what Ayr are voting? 

We don't. I said at the start of the post (or implied it) that going on noises from the clubs with statements etc about them being unhappy just to gauge an idea.

Of course, these teams that have had vocal, critical chairmen and statements could easily just vote no in the hope of closure and moving on "for the good of the Scottish game" - there's every chance. Hence why I said it's fag packet maths. 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

No that would be trying to do to them exactly what the SPFL has been accused of and we do not want to be tarred with the same brush.

I didn't realise that that was underhand and/or immoral? I agree though stay clear of anything that tars us with their brush especially since we've been doing well keep it together.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

:lol:

fucking hell mate.

😂 it's true though, I'll take shite off the likes of you, @TamCoopz and @Tiger Shaw since you fucks actually bring something to the table. Giving another opinion or just calling shite out as shite.

For someone who's been hiding in the background for years (supposedly) to all the sudden make a post just to say "this guy he's not ITK" and tell posters to ignore is bullshit.

22 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have not been on here as much today mate, so wondering if you really think we can get near the  50%, I would love it to happen, but it seems a bit optimistic.

Your opinion would be appreciated even at this late hour. :thumbup:

As I said to another poster, I'm not an oracle. 

Looking at the response of a lot of clubs in the last few days, it's looking better on our side of the argument. 50% sounds big, but it's half of 42 votes, so 21 is the first target.

For what we know, I would surmise both sides are about equal in knowing who will vote for what. In my opinion, I would say half of teams have shown their colours, leaving half unknown.   The Tim teams will stick like shite to a blanket, but what the other teams who have come out and said, even down to Kelty, must have persuaded some to our cause. Will it be enough is anyone's guess, but here's hoping it is.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Ooft. He's no happy.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow there has been a shift in our game - the mask has well and truly slipped. 

2 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

You could argue that the investigation would be the perfect opportunity to embarrass Rangers and show up their ‘manipulative lies’.

Why wouldn’t any club want such a glorious opportunity...

Same reason they haven’t hammered us with disrepute charges..... 👍🏻

Archived