Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, BroonBear said:

Or simply want to prove all is above board, show they are being "lead" correctly and that they were provided ALL information prior to undertaking a massive vote for the game in Scotland for FREE. 

That too. All this could have been avoided had the SPFL followed protocol in dealing with concerns raised about governance.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Just a little reminder of what our great club is up against today .A decade of unsurpassed and unreported corruption on the grandest scale .From 2010 to present times 

AA1A7E9E-C73A-41EE-B7AD-32808864CCC3.jpeg

Don't forget this one 

5uuB7x8.png

11 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

WE have played this matter absolutely correctly despite and according to proper  protocol,unlike and contrasted with  the actions of the SPFL and certain member clubs, irrespective of  some very  unfair,shoddy and far from objective reporting from certain sections of the media but that was to be fully expected.

Given we have followed due process  ,and the rebuttal of our request for an Independent Inquiry.

Following the EGM this morning I hope and expect that Rangers will announce that they are mounting  a Legal Case against the SPFL.

There is a real sense of anger and injustice within our Boardroom  which is fully endorsed and backed by our huge fanbase.

I hope the club ask for crowdfunding from the the support to assist with the costs of the legal action.

We are Glasgow Rangers , lets get fully behind our club

We had the RFFF and they sounded it on a stand in the training centre. They would have a damn cheek to ask for anymore off us

Regardless of the vote, this will run and run. Scottish football will have to change, we cannot continue to have such huge division amongst member clubs, of which there are likely to be fewer when we return to playing. SPFL and SFA, are supposed to serve the clubs and the fans.  I've always thought it ridiculous that we have both in a country where money is tight, we have so many people taking big salaries. We need a governing body who work for the good of the game, not for the benefit of those working in a multitude of offices at Hampden.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

The club can pay it. Why is it always down to US to cough up. Club 1872 have plenty if they want to chip in

The club gets its money from us the fans, so I have no issue with it being funded by the club or by fans directly 

This whole saga is just crazy when you think about it.

• The scum come out during the Covid Crisis, multiple times, to say they deserve the title not matter what this was crass and insensitive.
  • We did not do this, we simply said what most teams have said all over the world - we would prefer the remaining games were played
  • ICT and others raise concerns of bullying with us, but they say they'd like Rangers to lead it because they are concerned about the repercussions of raising concerns themselves.
  • We correctly state, with the information we have about bullying, that two members of the SPFL should be suspended, this is normal business practice with matters of gross misconduct like bullying.
  • We cannot say why, because we are protecting ICT, we get a bloody nose in the media because of this - but we should be congratulated for protecting a fellow member club
  • We follow the SPFL timeline to give them the dossier, we make no promises of the content, however the media throw this up in a whirlwind and try to make out we have a smoking gun etc
  • We give the dossier privately to each of the other member clubs, it very quickly lands in the SPFL's hands, they couldn't have read the 200 page document before they attack us publicly
  • There is no smoking gun in the dossier, we didn't promise one - but the fact is we were still protecting ICT by not producing this in the dossier. Again we should be congratulated for protecting a fellow club.
  • We are attacked by multiple media outlets, and by the SPFL, we don't get angry, we ignore the media and we respond professionally to the SPFL statement.
  • The SPFL raise concerns that an independent inquiry will cost too much money, so we say it's ok, during this difficult time we'll pay for it.
  • At no point do we bring celtic into it or the title into it, at no point do we say the SPFL are bullying, coerced clubs or that they're corrupt - yet these are all things that the media try and run with.
  • We have stayed professional throughout, and finally ICT get fed up and come out with the smoking gun that everyone said did not exist - even now they're trying to discredit this.

Have I got this wrong at all?

I honestly cannot believe how this has been played out. Morons like Chick Young should be ashamed of themselves for getting caught up in the agenda driven bullshit machine.

How can we move forward in the biggest crisis to hit Scottish football in modern times with a governing body who are threatening and abusing member clubs into doing what they want and making clubs worse off? Isn't that negligence?

8 minutes ago, sprotson11 said:

The club gets its money from us the fans, so I have no issue with it being funded by the club or by fans directly 

They can maybe take it off the 5 games we aren’t going to see, or maybe off the membership fee they are charging 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

The trouble these clubs are going to, to avoid an independent investigation into what should be an organisation setup for the benefit of ALL clubs, is quite extraordinary. 

Worthy of an investigation in its own right. 

The entire setup needs ripped up. 

A board asked to cast crucial/defining votes when there is significant conflicts of interest is not fit for purpose. 

An organisation that needs to take a vote on whether a bullying allegation should be investigated is absolutely staggering. A vote btw where the alleged bully’s get a vote. 

That second point, if the right people have the appetite and it gets its day in court will have the SPFL in deep water.  It’s a complete failing to either have in place very basic procedures or (and I suspect) a complete failure to adhere to them. 

When harassment of any kind is alleged the accused individual must be removed from their position. At time’s when the accused is (following a investigation) deemed innocent this can seem harsh however to ensure any investigation is not compromised and there is no further risk to any colleague the person has to be removed. 

Imagine a work place where a female says they have been sexually harassed and the organisation saying: yeah we left the guy in the office with her, asked her to prove it before we would investigate and then when she did we let all his mates vote (some who were also harassing the girl) on whether we should bother investigating. Oh and the Senior manager was going around telling everyone it was robust flirting. 

The girl here has won constructive dismissal and damages. 

The principles are the same (bullying/harassment/discrimination) regardless of all other factors ICT have came out and said they (and others) were bullied. It’s astonishing that Neil thinks ‘it’s a mans game’ type of attitude is going to stand up.  

6 minutes ago, Tamb said:

Regardless of the vote, this will run and run. Scottish football will have to change, we cannot continue to have such huge division amongst member clubs, of which there are likely to be fewer when we return to playing. SPFL and SFA, are supposed to serve the clubs and the fans.  I've always thought it ridiculous that we have both in a country where money is tight, we have so many people taking big salaries. We need a governing body who work for the good of the game, not for the benefit of those working in a multitude of offices at Hampden.

This is what I don't like about the SPFL set up, Those managing the 'members organisation' should be on a capped wage and bonus as decided by it's members. The excess money that is being paid to these executives could be used to improve the game in the lower leagues so that more home grown players will eventually be chosen for top flight clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This is what I don't like about the SPFL set up, Those managing the 'members organisation' should be on a capped wage and bonus as decided by it's members. The excess money that is being paid to these executives could be used to improve the game in the lower leagues so that more home grown players will eventually be chosen for top flight clubs. 

I cant imagine that salaries/bonuses are not agreed in advance and voted on by the club representatives, but then again, you never know with the SPFL

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Stenny are voting for the resolution 

I said earlier in this thread that I had a optimistic feeling that we could maby get 50% of tje votes, dont think it will pass but I felt the lower league clubs could really turn the screw on the SPFL. I still have the optimism that we could be shocked come this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye but Brechin have the support of all league 2 clubs 😂

There is a lot in the dossier. so it is possible that clubs do not support all the allegations but are voting Yes regardless.

I hope that is the case, as it will mean that the vote may be a lot closer than some are expecting

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

This is how I think the vote will pan out

Scottish Premiership

YES: Rangers,Heart of Midlothian,Aberdeen,Hibernian,Livingston,StJohnstone
NO: celtic,Hamilton Academical,Kilmarnock,St Mirren,Motherwell,RossCounty

Scottish Championship
YES: Inverness Caledonian Thistle,PartickThistle,(Alloa Athletic,Arbroath,Ayr United,Greenock Morton,Queen of the South) 
NO: Dundee,Dundee United,Dunfermline Athletic

Scottish League One
YES: Falkirk,Dumbarton,Clyde,EastFife,Stranraer,Airdrieonians,Forfar Athletic,Peterhead,Raith Rovers
NO: Montrose

Scottish League Two

YES: Edinburgh City, Stirling Albion,(Albion Rovers,Annan Athletic,Cove Rangers,Cowdenbeath,Elgin City,Queen's Park,Stenhousemuir)
NO: Brechin City

Voteless
YES: Kelty and Brora

Oh how I wish you to be right SH, personally, I think you're being too optimistic.  Can't see the tim  teams, raith, alloa etc voting in our favour.

The way I am reading the vote is we are guaranteed 8 votes being , us, Hearts, Stranraer, ICT,  Partick, Falkirk, Aberdeen and Stenhousemuir. 

For me we need to get more sides to vote with us if we want to keep the pressure on. The reason I say this is because the SPFL board and other teams will run with the narrative is that all these teams with the exception of Stenny feel they have lost out, to varying degrees by the leagues being called, therefore we are all sore losers. 

Hearts, Partick and Stranraer have been (or will probably be) relegated. Ourself , ICT and Falkirk have been denied a chance to fight to the bitter end for our respective champions place.  It will even be argued Aberdeen are upset at not getting a chance to secure European football by becoming 3rd as 4th place doesn't guarantee it on the slim chance Hibs or Hearts win the SC, if these games are played in July.  

Under that narrative the SPFL board will put forward only Stenny are voting for this without an having an agenda, and with all respect to Stenny the SPFL board wont be worried by them. 

Sorry to be pessimistic but if we only get 8 votes we have a serious uphill battle ahead. 

Archived