Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

26 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

The vote won't go through, nothing will happen, our club will look like idiots, back to normal.

Before Rangers called the EGM I’m sure the board know they won’t win it, although I think recently we may have gathered more support. 
Rangers are playing the game in the proper manner legally hence the EGM, I would expect once the vote is concluded we will move onto our next step. 
This is a longer game and I would imagine court proceedings will be next to get the independent investigation. 
The board are not stupid mate and not idiots, once we get the independent investigation I would bet Pandora’s box will be open including the corruption involved re Dundee’s Vote. 
There is an end game here to replace the corrupt bastards Donkey, McKenzie and McLellan. 

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know the vote won't pass but if we can get as near to 20 as we can then there will hopefully be some sort of no confidence call or off to the CAS.

Right now I can only see about 12-14 clubs going for it but there are fence sitters than can make all the difference.

This is just another step on a long road we have to go down but we've got to hope justice will prevail and they corrupt fucks will be gone.

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Mulraney is known to be a particularly “aggressive “ businessman 

Surely he is only "robust" in his business dealings. 

Edit  - sorry bornabear. We obviously had the same thought. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

We know the vote won't pass but if we can get as near to 20 as we can then there will hopefully be some sort of no confidence call or off to the CAS.

Right now I can only see about 12-14 clubs going for it but there are fence sitters than can make all the difference.

This is just another step on a long road we have to go down but we've got to hope justice will prevail and they corrupt fucks will be gone.

Who are the clubs with a definite yes?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When this proposal fails with about 25% of the vote will there be folk on here blaming the Board? Probably 

I disagree completely, I think we have mostly been proud of what our board have done.

At the end of it you're banking on other clubs being honest with themselves, not buying into rhetoric, or not being wankers.

We can't control other people, so if it fails how can you pin it on our board?

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Fucksake, get it right, the word is "robust".

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Surely he is only "robust" in his business dealings. 

Edit  - sorry bornabear. We obviously had the same thought. 

Sorry but my phone autocorrects to durty fenian bastard whenever I type that “R” word 😀

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

I disagree completely, I think we have mostly been proud of what our board have done.

At the end of it you're banking on other clubs being honest with themselves, not buying into rhetoric, or not being wankers.

We can't control other people, so if it fails how can you pin it on our board?

I wont.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Statement from Stenhousemuir FC on the Resolution to be put forward to the EGM on 12th May 2020 

There is no doubt that the last few weeks have been challenging, and at times embarrassing for Scottish football. 

It is vitally important for the good of the game that we try to find solutions that can move matters forward, as opposed to what feels like being stuck in a constant battle of recriminations. 

Therefore, Stenhousemuir FC intends to support the Resolution put forward by a number of clubs at the SPFL EGM on the 12th May. 

We wish to make it absolutely clear that we are not picking sides in the debate that has raged over the past few weeks, but instead we believe that everyone involved in Scottish football needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they honestly believe that the culture and governance in our league setup is working as effectively as it should for the benefit of all its members? 

Our support for the Resolution is not about retribution and is not aimed at anyone individually or collectively.  Instead we hope that it can lead to greater transparency and provide a foundation for ending the mistrust that has crept into our league organisation. 

Tomorrow offers an opportunity to vote on the future of our game.  It is more than just the words contained in the resolution.  Much more.  We are voting for, and demanding change to the way we govern ourselves and to the culture that defines who we are, what we do, how we present ourselves, and how we reach decisions that affect all member clubs.  How we behave transcends across into how our supporters see us and this influences their actions. 

We believe that supporters of all clubs are fed up with the self-destruction and in-fighting that holds the game back, and instead want to see a league body that is focused on building a positive future for our game.  We believe the wider public is fed up with the tribalism & negativity, and would rather see a league body that is united in mutually supporting clubs and communities throughout this crisis. 

We believe that an independent review will offer much needed clarity and the chance for those on all sides who have been accused directly or indirectly to clear their name.  When looked at under the microscope, free from one-sided opinion, we might discover that many actions and decisions were taken with good intention. 

Scottish football faces some big decisions over the next six months.  Divided, we will never find solutions to the current crisis that is affecting our game.  An independent review that addresses the governance and culture within our game is needed to ensure we are united and focused on delivering solutions that ensures the survival of all clubs through this crisis, so that we can move forward in a way where clubs are working together for all of Scottish football, our supporters, and the communities we serve. 

Iain McMenemy – Chairman, Stenhousemuir FC

https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2020/05/12/statement-on-the-spfl-egm/

That is a very well balanced and mature statement and how you would expect any ‘neutral’ to react to this vote.

Pity others probably won’t take that view.

31 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

What makes you think Elgin will?  I know the chairman, his primary motivation for the club is money.

Really because they have always spoken well of Rangers. Agree money is their motivation and this was proven when we were down the divisions.

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Na ,Blinky Wanbaw will stick ,deserves to travel throughout the countries fanbases the same way The Thumb did when the Hearts fans came up with that 

Sadly your up against some political correctness 

Fuck political correctness mate, I hate lefties with a passion. 👍

10 hours ago, bornabear said:

As I said to another poster, I'm not an oracle. 

Looking at the response of a lot of clubs in the last few days, it's looking better on our side of the argument. 50% sounds big, but it's half of 42 votes, so 21 is the first target.

For what we know, I would surmise both sides are about equal in knowing who will vote for what. In my opinion, I would say half of teams have shown their colours, leaving half unknown.   The Tim teams will stick like shite to a blanket, but what the other teams who have come out and said, even down to Kelty, must have persuaded some to our cause. Will it be enough is anyone's guess, but here's hoping it is.

Cheers mate, I stopped reading before you posted hopefully we get the best result possible. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Fuck political correctness mate, I hate lefties with a passion. 👍

I hate lefties and righties, I believe centre left or centre right is the only way forward.

Both extremes are bad imo

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Alloa have a representative on the SPFL board so they will absolutely vote against. Further, Mike Mulraney, their Chairman sits on the SFA board and is as bitter as they come. He despises us and continually does Lawwell’s bidding. He was mentioned in the Rangers dossier as well as threatening other clubs and was given leaked info from the SPFL to do so. 

That Alloa with an average attendance of 1,179 have such influence in both of our governing bodies is a large part of the problem and in a tribally divided country like ours there will always be the very real issue of placemen tactically placed and routinely voted into positions of real influence that are way beyond their status. It is wide open to abuse and has been for many years now. Taking over committees and public bodies is what tarriers do best, and ALWAYS for their sole benefit.

The anomaly is that the S PROFESSIONAL FL is infact majority made up of clubs who are neither full time nor professional and their needs are entirely different to the large clubs who they regularly exert way too much influence on. Today we have the ludicrous situation whereby the three lowest attended clubs in the Championship (Alloa, Morton and Queen of the South) with a combined average attendance of 4,783 between them could vote down a resolution to have an II into the culture and governance of the whole of Scottish football.

It's like a local grocer with 3 small shops dictating policy to Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury et al.

Madness

A lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs are run like bowling clubs and will face uncomfortable questions at their AGM if they vote no.

scum, Hibs (pertie), Motherwell, Hamilton, Raith, Dunfermline, Brechin and Dundee Und are all certain No votes. About the same as us with certain Yes votes. The rest could possibly go either way.

Now if the SPFL  were to televise the vote live, for a modest fee, they could probably raise enough to cover the cost of any inquiry. Take the clubs in alphabetical order, allow them a minute to speak, then declare their vote. 

25 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't know if I should post this in here, and I can't reveal my source, but I have it on good authority the statement if the resolution is passed is;

Get it right fucking up you, ya bunch of corrupt lying cunts!

That would defo be seen as inflammatory by the Scottish MSM, I know we as Rangers fan know that it isn't but you can be guaranteed that they would twist this to suit their agenda.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When this proposal fails with about 25% of the vote will there be folk on here blaming the Board? Probably 

Gerry Britton reckons a third should be enough to " bring it on !"

I think if you get anywhere approaching a third of the member clubs voting for it, then the power play for the SPFL, who say they are not a separate entity but are representing the member clubs, will surely be to say ‘OK, let’s do this for the benefit of those clubs’,” said Britton.

“If you have a significant number of clubs backing it, and I’d say a third would be significant, then surely you say ‘bring it on’.

Archived