Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Just now, tannerall said:

Think the SPFL might be under more pressure now to make the next move, due to damage limitation.

Especially as it's no longer just us going against them.

If the reports of 8 to 11 clubs is true, the SPFL will laugh and move on. 

Zero pressure.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seemed like just us 10 days ago.

If we now have between 11 and 14 clubs then that's decent progress.

We were always going to court anyways. Park and co will have the next step in place already. 

I think we've all got our hopes up because of statements. But we need to be realistic.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Will this rousing speech by published in the papers I wonder, will it go down as another Churchillian moment, saviour of the corrupt SPFL.

Guaranteed it will be "disaster planning not what it should have been", and "serious lessons have been learned" and "root and branch reviews of our procedures", and also a "full and open review of the make up and conduct of the management board is needed" amongst other things.  

He'll propose a team is put together to carry out an "Internal Audit" overseen by a renowned consultant (Deloitte/Harper McLeod) and independent people, previously never having anything to do with Scottish Football, will ultimately be brought in.  So it'll be Messrs O'Flaherty, Higgins and Murphy will be the new CEO, Legal Adviser and Chair.

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

We were always going to court anyways. Park and co will have the next step in place already. 

I think we've all got our hopes up because of statements. But we need to be realistic.

If you think 11-14 is a moral victory, you probably also think finishing second is good because our total points were better than the year before.

If the numbers are that low, Scottish football is damaged beyond repair.

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I think because of the intensity of it all with more and more clubs releasing statements a couple of days before the vote, it felt like there was a real turn of the tide.

I originally said  I think they'd be 13, but I was being pessimistic, with the hope we'd be getting more than that.

Still, I'll not believe anything until it's made official, even then it's not 100% trustworthy!

3 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Another Churchillian quote:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

And we all know how that panned out.

Whatever happens bears this dossier has been a catalyst not a definitive answer. 

there are wheels in motion now that will end these corrupt cunts careers and clear out the shite at board level. 

that’s a given and the whole purpose of our dossier - a catalyst for change. Nothing else. 

Archived